[May 19, 2024, 06:23:47 PM]

[Cracked Sidewalks] Schedule Talk with Mike Broeker by Shooter McGavin
[May 19, 2024, 01:06:18 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by warriorchick
[May 18, 2024, 07:14:15 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by WhiteTrash
[May 18, 2024, 01:04:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Harangody is a classless act  (Read 8393 times)

Mayor McCheese

• All American
Harangody is a classless act
« on: February 24, 2007, 04:50:56 PM »
can't stand the man, hes out of control, someone needs to tell Notre Dame to keep their trash off the court.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

MUCam

• All American
Re: Harangody is a classless act
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 04:59:17 PM »
We have to watch him for two to three more years. I really, really, really don't like Notre Dame. Now I really, really, really, don't like them even more.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 05:02:42 PM »
I can't believe we let that fat, unathletic piece of garbage score 20+ against us.  My god, he has to be the ugliest, most disgusting looking player in the conference.  Yeah, get ready to throw up in your mouths for the next 3 years. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 05:05:09 PM »
lab - that's just really immature.  Kinda like calling the girlfriend that just broke up with you "ugly".

MUtrain

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 05:07:26 PM »
Did anyone else get really annoyed with how in love the announcer was with Harangoofy?  He had a good game, but some of the stuff they were saying was ridiculous.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 05:09:49 PM »
I can't believe we let that fat, unathletic piece of garbage score 20+ against us.  My god, he has to be the ugliest, most disgusting looking player in the conference.  Yeah, get ready to throw up in your mouths for the next 3 years. 

Are you a woman? What do you care what a guy looks like? And to call him unathletic is just ridiculous. He killed us. I'd love to have him at Marquette. He's a much stronger, more aggressive version of J. Lovette, in my opinion.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 05:11:52 PM »
Who was Harangody??  I'm pretty certain that it was Shrek out there...

vs.

;D

Let's hope for a rematch in New York!!
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

augoman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 05:16:03 PM »
I renew my insistence that we must have a big body to counter guys like haragody.  Say what you will, he has a very nice shot, plays great inside d and knows position rebounding.  So..., he ain't pretty, but I'd take him.

4everwarriors

• All American
Be Careful...
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 05:17:16 PM »
what you hope for.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 05:18:32 PM »
Just remember all these posts when some no-name jackass from a mid-major is lighting him up in the NCAA tournment.  No way he can play any more out of his ass than today.  Or get any fatter or uglier.

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 05:23:58 PM »
Did you see that smug look on his face after Fitz got the T?  If it weren't for the fact that it's so late in the season, I would have loved to see someone bust him in the jaw.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 05:25:34 PM »
And what we NEED--is someone like Jeff Green, an ATHLETIC 6'9"-6'10"-type player, not some cement-shoed fatass who just happens to be 7'0".  

augoman

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 05:30:29 PM »
wonderful, let's get him!

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2007, 05:41:24 PM »
Total classlessness from Notre Dame today. If any Marquette player tried half the thuggish behavior exhibited by ND today, I would boo them off the court.

Jerel getting a forearm out of bounds.
Wes being stood over by Harangody when he was hurt
Harangody's push from behind on Fitz when he was going for the ball.
ND trying to score when up by 9 with 2 seconds to go and Marquette letting them run out the clock
The putback tip at the end.

Total classlessness. If I were a Notre Dame fan, I would be pleased with the final score today, but I would be ashamed of the conduct of the players.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2007, 05:45:27 PM »
Sitting on the bench all day was a 6'7", 235 lb senior who did not play until the last minute.   Surely, Jamil could have done a better job on defense than a 6'6", 205 lb freshman against this a-hole.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ONeills Barstool

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 05:52:44 PM »
ND trying to score when up by 9 with 2 seconds to go and Marquette letting them run out the clock

Total classlessness. If I were a Notre Dame fan, I would be pleased with the final score today, but I would be ashamed of the conduct of the players.

The putback at the end is ALL on our players.  4 MU guys let the shooter get his own board on a FT - if you are in that position you'd put it back as well.  Fitz shouldn't have fouled with 2 seconds remaining anyway.

And regarding Harangody, we just can't let a stiff like that get confident early on.  He got it in his head that he could make almost every shot and then he did.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 05:54:15 PM »
I'm just disappointed MU let Joe Nethen's misbegotten son roughshod over them all afternoon.  >:(

bma725

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007, 06:10:12 PM »
A stiff?  You guys have to be kidding me.  Harangody has been a damn good player all year, especially for a freshman.  He was a concensus top 100 recruit, had offers from high major schools all over the country, was one of the best players in the midwest last year.

MU would be lucky to have a "stiff" like that.

ONeills Barstool

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007, 06:33:26 PM »
Despite being "damn good" all year, he had a career day against us.  That is what irks us all.  Given what he did to us, it makes me feel better to call him a stiff - a stiff the likes of which we haven't had wearing an MU uni for some time now.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2007, 07:14:38 PM »
Despite being "damn good" all year, he had a career day against us.  That is what irks us all.  Given what he did to us, it makes me feel better to call him a stiff - a stiff the likes of which we haven't had wearing an MU uni for some time now.

Not really a career day, he had 21 and 13 against Syracuse, and given how poorly he actually shot the ball, 7 for 20, it wasn't exactly a great performance shooting wise...MU just put him on the line more than most do.  This wasn't really out of the ordinary for the kind of guy he is.

And while it may make you feel better to call him a stiff, the tone of most of the posts just shows a lack of knowledge about the kind of player he is and the kind of recruit he was...remember he was almost part of Ohio State's top recruiting class this year. 

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2007, 07:18:35 PM »
Harongody is exactly the type of guy we need our team.  That is a big body with some offensive moves and a toughness about him when it comes to rebounding.  Despite some earlier moves, he is very athletic for his size.

All that said, I thought he played like a thug today and felt he could do anything he wanted today because we didn't stop him and neither did the refs.  He got carried and acted like a thug.  Inlike most around here, I typically root for ND but won't as long as he is on the team.  He was shoving guys around all day and its a joke Matthews fouled out before he did.  Besides, I think he's 35 years old.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

4everwarriors

• All American
Cement-Shoed Fat Ass...
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2007, 07:19:36 PM »
just burned MU a new one. If the Warriors had a presence like him inside, you'd be talkin' a whole different ballgame.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2007, 07:23:07 PM »
Game like Damon Key, class like Britney Spears.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2007, 08:50:02 PM »
While it didn't end well for either one of them (T's on both), I give both DJ and Fitz some credit for being willing to stand up to that dope. Perhaps if someone else on the team (Barro, Burke - I'm looking at you) had been willing to send some sort of a message after being abused the first couple of times, things may have turned out differently. Its disappointing to watch an MU team more or less sit back while being manhandled like that. At some point you have to let that guy have it in some manner.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2007, 09:09:53 PM »
The boy got game and we will see him 3 more years.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

chapman

• All American
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2007, 09:48:03 PM »
Sitting on the bench all day was a 6'7", 235 lb senior who did not play until the last minute.   Surely, Jamil could have done a better job on defense than a 6'6", 205 lb freshman against this a-hole.

Why didn't Lott play until the last minute, and why hasn't he gotten any playing time?  It's embarrassing even as a fan to watch Crean put Kinsella out there.  He is terrible.  Lott at least brings some toughness.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2007, 03:45:07 AM »
when I started this topic... it wasnt on his looks, it wasnt on his game, it wasnt even on his choice of school.  It was on how he carried himself on the court.  He acted like a punk, and I think that is how he actually is.  He is one of those people who was just a bitch.  Pardon my language.  But watching that game, yes he dominated us on the post, but he played so unsportsmanlike, that if I was a ND fan, I wouldn't be rooting for him right now. 
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

augoman

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2007, 12:38:05 PM »
Even the presence of Chris Grimm would have been a wonderful help.  Remember the job he did on UW's Wilkinson? (last time we beat them?).  We need inside help just to realize the potential of our guards and to plug the middle!

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2007, 12:51:02 PM »
Harangody won't win any style points during his 4 year career but unfortunately he will be productive.  His actions on the court were a bit classless however I get the feeling that if he was on MU we would love his football like mentality.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2007, 03:07:19 PM »
Harangody won't win any style points during his 4 year career but unfortunately he will be productive.  His actions on the court were a bit classless however I get the feeling that if he was on MU we would love his football like mentality.

difference between football mentality and what he did... he made a hard foul on McNeal, McNeal was obviously in pain, and he stands over him like a jackass.  He laughs after Fitz pushes him... which you have to be kidding me if Fitz's shove would throw him that far, he forgot the Oscars are today, not yesterday.  His style of play is tough, and it works, but his sportsmanship lacks a few skills

as802

• Walk-On
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2007, 06:14:29 PM »
I think what added to a lot of our hate for this guy (besides the fact that hes a thug) was the tv announcer who kept kissing his ass.  If i had to hear him say one more thing about Harangody's "incredible left shoulder" again id probably want to eat my children.  I counted 4 times in one sentence "left shoulder" being said.  Anybody else notice this?

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2007, 06:35:04 PM »
I think what added to a lot of our hate for this guy (besides the fact that hes a thug) was the tv announcer who kept kissing his ass.  If i had to hear him say one more thing about Harangody's "incredible left shoulder" again id probably want to eat my children.  I counted 4 times in one sentence "left shoulder" being said.  Anybody else notice this?

yes... his awesome left shoulder move.  The older and wiser of a sports fan I become, the more and more I can't stand announcers.  I can't stand when they make the wrong call (like one Matthews foul, his 4th, they called out of bounds, did the announcers, and never corrected themselves).  I honestly and truely believe I can do better than any ESPN announcer for college basketball, my friends agree, just seems like announcers don't do their homework on the teams they are announcing.  I believe they still use the notes from the Duke/MU game when talking about James and gang, instead of using notes from the past few games.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2007, 07:38:07 PM »
Yeah... the left shoulder call by the announcers got a little annoying after the 30th mention of it, but the guy killed us. If he was on our team and scored 20 on Notre Dame in a win...showing some toughness, flying down the court to catch up with Jerel saving a freebe... he would get a standing ovation.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2007, 10:57:20 PM »

The putback at the end is ALL on our players.  4 MU guys let the shooter get his own board on a FT - if you are in that position you'd put it back as well.  Fitz shouldn't have fouled with 2 seconds remaining anyway.

And regarding Harangody, we just can't let a stiff like that get confident early on.  He got it in his head that he could make almost every shot and then he did.

there were actually only two guys lined up. and as for Harangody, i've seen more class by complete @sses during pick up games at the plex. that guy would never get away w/ those actions at any school that cared about class.

MARQKC

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2007, 12:29:28 PM »
There's a reason they're called the FIGHTING Irish, an ethnic reference -- some might say a slur -- that, like the Free Shoes University Seminoles, the NCAA has managed to forgive.

MU NY

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2007, 01:02:19 PM »
In the tradition of great ND goons...Harangody is the new Laimbeer.