collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: So anyone playing Fortnite?  (Read 5420 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: So anyone playing Fortnite?
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2023, 11:54:48 AM »
Any scoopers still on Forty? I’m ok now. Let’s squad up
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2023, 12:00:59 PM »
Nope.  Turned the PS5 on for the first time in many months and played some PGA Golf.  Match Point Tennis was decent.  I'll probably play some Show soon.  And then when the NBA starts up I'll buy 2K and play that for like 10 hours total.

Waiting on NCAA Football and hoping there's an NCAA Basketball to come.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2023, 12:19:10 PM »
NCAa bball would be amazing. I’m just hoping there are no hiccups w football and it arrives next year

I’m playing the show a lot. Great game.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2023, 12:53:35 PM »
Diablo 4 here. Someone has to protect us from the legions of hell.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2023, 06:21:17 AM »
Diablo 4 here. Someone has to protect us from the legions of hell.

I have it, but have only played to level 44 or so.  Went out of town for a week at release and by the time I got back most of my friends have stopped playing it.  Game doesn't QUITE feel finished.  I know they're working on it, and it hasn't been the disaster that D3 was to start, but I'm sure I'll pick it up again when new content drops.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2023, 07:20:04 AM »
I have it, but have only played to level 44 or so.  Went out of town for a week at release and by the time I got back most of my friends have stopped playing it.  Game doesn't QUITE feel finished.  I know they're working on it, and it hasn't been the disaster that D3 was to start, but I'm sure I'll pick it up again when new content drops.

Yep I agree with you. It's a very polished beta. Season 1 should start in a couple of weeks.

I've made it to ~71 on my main before petering out. The main story was great with wonderful acting. The endgame is a little sparse.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2023, 07:37:14 AM »
Yep I agree with you. It's a very polished beta. Season 1 should start in a couple of weeks.

I've made it to ~71 on my main before petering out. The main story was great with wonderful acting. The endgame is a little sparse.

I went with a Necro and did a summoner build.  Feels like boring to play.  I should change it up, but everyone was playing bone spear... and I didn't want to just be another bone spear.   :-X

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2023, 08:24:29 AM »
After a solid 5 year Fortnite binge, my 15 year old rarely plays now.

Now he plays Madden, but in a strange way. 

He doesn't play with, you know, humans.  Instead he jacks up his team, plays the worst team, and proceeds to run up the score 300-0.   Over and over.   Every offensive play is a TD+2, nearly every defensive play is a loss or safety.

You can read all about it in this June's issue of Bad Parenting Monthly.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2023, 08:57:31 AM »
I went with a Necro and did a summoner build.  Feels like boring to play.  I should change it up, but everyone was playing bone spear... and I didn't want to just be another bone spear.   :-X

I've tried so hard to get into Necro since it's on meta, but I agree I'm just so slow. The sorc I'm teleporting around blowing crap up.

The Necro also bothers me since in PoE you can direct your minions to attack something. In D4 they are autonomous which is kinda boring.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2023, 08:59:20 AM »

He doesn't play with, you know, humans.  Instead he jacks up his team, plays the worst team, and proceeds to run up the score 300-0.   Over and over.   Every offensive play is a TD+2, nearly every defensive play is a loss or safety.

He likes dunking on people. You've raised a future forum moderator!

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2023, 09:11:39 AM »

That’s what I used to do. Set some pretty big records with Chris Chambers and the Dolphins on curl routes/slants. I turned out ok…….I think.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2023, 09:30:39 AM »
When I was in college playing Madden they showed Rodgers's numbers to a point in the game and it showed that he was 14/13 for however many yards and touchdowns.  So I didn't throw the ball again in the game and the stats showed Rodgers finished with a 107.7% completion percentage.

There were also a couple years where a tight end post route was unstoppable.  So I had a game where Jermichael Finley ended with like 300+ yards and 6 TDs in an online game.  They used to make the game so easy to know whether a defense was running a blitz or staying back, so you could set your own audibles, stay in the same formations, and just switch between a pass or run play depending on how the defenders were sprinting up to or away from the line.  On top of that, they also would show your opponent's online record before it was too late to back out of the game.  So my roommates and I would always play teams that were like 5-100 and we'd just roll them for the first half before they quit. 
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2023, 09:36:26 AM »
I've tried so hard to get into Necro since it's on meta, but I agree I'm just so slow. The sorc I'm teleporting around blowing crap up.

The Necro also bothers me since in PoE you can direct your minions to attack something. In D4 they are autonomous which is kinda boring.

Yeah that is definitely the problem.  They're stupid.  Even in D3 I think you could command the minions to go somewhere.  Now the active is just a buff which doesn't feel good to press.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2023, 09:37:25 AM »

One of my good friends does this, and she is 35.  She does the same with FIFA as well.

She is the biggest sore loser I know... so it sort of makes sense.

feedback