[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:37:37 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Why tomorrow night is key....  (Read 4435 times)

duanewade

• Team Captain
Why tomorrow night is key....
« on: February 07, 2022, 03:52:46 PM »
Not only a HUGE test but a potential harbinger for what kind of post season we'll have.

UConn has lost two straight and their players, and especially their super intense head coach,  knows that losing three straight could decimate all the goodwill they've built up so far this season and spell trouble for the rest of their season as well. 

Good teams never lose three in a row, in fact Brady and Belichick almost never lost two in a row. 

Having said the above does Marquette have the talent, the temerity, the balance, and the killer instinct to take down a UConn team with their back against a wall on their home court? 

If there was ever a game similar to the intense do or die March Madness test, this game is it. 

If Marquette wins it tells me that Marquette will be a force come March and could even make a trip to the Final 4 and beyond!

If MU loses, it's not the end of the world for us, but will give me pause that we've learned to put away teams that at this point in our trajectory we should beat (i.e.: Providence, a game we should have held on and won).  To me a loss tomorrow night would translate into one, and potentially two wins in the "Big Dance" but no more.   

The person that needs to take his game to another level to give us this super elite profile is Omax Prosper.  If he does, however, then we'll probably lose him to the NBA draft this year also as an oversized 2/3 at 6'8 who can defend, run and score is more attractive to NBA GM's than an undersized/6'7 3/4 in Justin Lewis.  As mentioned previously the NBA evaluates players on body type measurables, athleticism and potential... players that fit this mold get 1st round drafts slots with guaranteed money.  Wonderful college players with non-ideal NBA measurables, see Marcus Howard, get taken in the 2nd round where they fight for regular, active roster spots.   

When Omax, Morsell and Lewis are on we have a defensive oriented Big 3 similar to Jordan, Pippen and Rodman.  The rest of our formula includes a distribution first point guard, a effective two headed monster at the 5 and consistent bench contributions from a myriad of players. 

Go Marquette!  Bring it to them tomorrow night!  No Mercy! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBRF_BkNNDQ
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 04:34:14 PM by duanewade »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: Why tomorrow night is key....
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 04:01:25 PM »
Omax is not going anywhere near the NBA draft this year
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 04:08:49 PM »
OMax is going to the NBA draft?

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 04:10:29 PM »
Wat?
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 04:12:34 PM »
He smokin on dat gooooood isht, hey??
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 04:22:18 PM »
I'm in on OMax to the NBA in the future.

Definitely not after this year though. I don't think he'll be ready after next year either.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2022, 04:24:55 PM »
I'm in on OMax to the NBA in the future.

Definitely not after this year though. I don't think he'll be ready after next year either.

Good thing he’s only a FRESHMAN, just like Justin & Tyler are!!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2022, 04:53:44 PM »
I didn’t even read it until I saw the responses.  Brilliant work again by Diane
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2022, 05:18:27 PM »
Good grief...

OMAX to the NBA ??? LOLLLLLL ...

And it’s not “ do or die “   In the Dance if u lose you go home.  If they lose tomorrow they play their next game.

MU can and may win v. UCONN.  They have a very good/ top 20 team that can win games in the NCAAT

A win or loss tomorrow does not change their prospects.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2022, 05:20:38 PM »
Amen.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2022, 05:21:57 PM »
Not only a HUGE test but a potential harbinger for what kind of post season we'll have.

UConn has lost two straight and their players, and especially their super intense head coach,  knows that losing three straight could decimate all the goodwill they've built up so far this season and spell trouble for the rest of their season as well. 

Good teams never lose three in a row, in fact Brady and Belichick almost never lost two in a row. 

Having said the above does Marquette have the talent, the temerity, the balance, and the killer instinct to take down a UConn team with their back against a wall on their home court? 

If there was ever a game similar to the intense do or die March Madness test, this game is it. 

If Marquette wins it tells me that Marquette will be a force come March and could even make a trip to the Final 4 and beyond!

If MU loses, it's not the end of the world for us, but will give me pause that we've learned to put away teams that at this point in our trajectory we should beat (i.e.: Providence, a game we should have held on and won).  To me a loss tomorrow night would translate into one, and potentially two wins in the "Big Dance" but no more.   

The person that needs to take his game to another level to give us this super elite profile is Omax Prosper.  If he does, however, then we'll probably lose him to the NBA draft this year also as an oversized 2/3 at 6'8 who can defend, run and score is more attractive to NBA GM's than an undersized/6'7 3/4 in Justin Lewis.  As mentioned previously the NBA evaluates players on body type measurables, athleticism and potential... players that fit this mold get 1st round drafts slots with guaranteed money.  Wonderful college players with non-ideal NBA measurables, see Marcus Howard, get taken in the 2nd round where they fight for regular, active roster spots.   

When Omax, Morsell and Lewis are on we have a defensive oriented Big 3 similar to Jordan, Pippen and Rodman.  The rest of our formula includes a distribution first point guard, a effective two headed monster at the 5 and consistent bench contributions from a myriad of players. 

Go Marquette!  Bring it to them tomorrow night!  No Mercy! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBRF_BkNNDQ

I think we will win. Uconn seems to follow the Wojo fade. Good teams do disappear.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2022, 05:28:55 PM »
Meth is a hell of a drug.  ;D

lawdog77

• All American

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2022, 05:50:38 PM »
Would be nice to beat UCONN.  Take home a little swagger.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2022, 06:45:51 PM »
We've had a "why tomorrows game vs XYZ is the most important game of the year" thread before literally every conference game this year. What the hell is going on here

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2022, 06:53:17 PM »
I actually agree with the title of this thread, tomorrow night is key, but has nothing to do with MU.

Wisconsin/Mich St & Illinois/Purdue are almost as important as MU’s game. If you want MU to have a reasonably driveable first round game, best to see a Wisconsin & Purdue win tomorrow night.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2022, 06:57:22 PM »
Generally agree with the take that tomorrow will likely be the most intense game we'll have played thus far.  Providence on the road was a pretty hostile environment.  But UCONN will be full throat for tomorrow night's game.  If you can win a game like this on the road, it does foreshadow good things to the NCAA playing on Neutral floor.

O-Max has NBA potential, 100%.  However, he'd have to start going for about 20ppg and 10 rebounds from here on out to potentially get drafted this year.  If he does take a crazy leap like this from hear on out, MU could be a really legit Final Four contender.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2022, 07:18:07 PM »
Generally agree with the take that tomorrow will likely be the most intense game we'll have played thus far.  Providence on the road was a pretty hostile environment.  But UCONN will be full throat for tomorrow night's game.  If you can win a game like this on the road, it does foreshadow good things to the NCAA playing on Neutral floor.

O-Max has NBA potential, 100%.  However, he'd have to start going for about 20ppg and 10 rebounds from here on out to potentially get drafted this year.  If he does take a crazy leap like this from hear on out, MU could be a really legit Final Four contender.

If Omax averages 20 and 10 from here on out. We are winning the national title thats a gurantee.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2022, 07:18:11 PM »

If OMax somehow manages to average 20 and 10 the rest of the year we are a final four lock

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2022, 07:18:34 PM »
If Omax averages 20 and 10 from here on out. We are winning the national title thats a gurantee.

Beat me by 4 seconds

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2022, 07:40:25 PM »

If Omax gets 20&10 in a single game the rest of the year I’ll be elated, hopefully it comes March 17/18

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2022, 07:55:17 PM »
Omax is not going anywhere near the NBA draft this year
Byron Mullens played only one year at tOSU, started only 2 games, averaged 8.8 points and 4.7 rebounds and was taken in the 1st round of the NBA Draft that year.

I'm not saying the system is sane, but it's the current system.  Until the NBA requires players to play longer in college and/or be at least a higher age limit then NBA teams will be forced to take chances on unproven players with certain physical attributes and upside potential.  It's the Kerry Kittles effect (a 4 year player at Villanova) who went in the draft before a high school kid named Kobe Bryant.  Teams were reluctant to take chances on unproven players back then, now they're more willing to take potential wow talent over proven productivity. 

If we make a run to the Final 4 in March, in part because OMax (who is every inch of 6'8 who can shoot from the outside, play defense and finish in transition) steps up his game and turns heads with some wow moments... then guess what his stock will be high and he'll have to do his due diligence on if there is an opportunity there or not. 

If MU sags and he continues to play hot or cold... then it won't be an issue and he'll have to show more improvement, physical maturation and improved numbers before becoming a prospect.   

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2022, 08:57:51 PM »

Marquette's 1977 team says otherwise.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2022, 09:56:04 PM »
Marquette's 1977 team says otherwise.

And speaking of UConn lost 7 of 11 in 2010-11 midseason and also went on to win a Natty.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2022, 10:06:37 PM »
Byron Mullens played only one year at tOSU, started only 2 games, averaged 8.8 points and 4.7 rebounds and was taken in the 1st round of the NBA Draft that year.

Byron Mullens was also the #8 ranked player coming out of high school and was 7'0" aircraft carrier in an era that still valued that type of player. He also played in college 14 years ago.

I don't disagree with your premise that the NBA drafts on potential, not college production, but using B.J. Mullens to support the idea that O-Max could get drafted this season is a bit of stretch.

Thank you for reminding me of that Ohio State team though. I actually remember watching Siena beating them in double OT in the NCAAT. Siena a 9 seed with a 26-7 record in the fricking MAAC. Best win of the season was winning at St. Joe's who finished a game above .500. What different times.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 11:07:29 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.