'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: bush league Fans  (Read 13651 times)

NolongerWarriors

• All American
Re: bush league Fans
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2022, 07:24:31 PM »
Be glad students are going to the game and are fired up.

Now if you want to talk about how lame it is to use Jump Around and Sweet Caroline in copying UW's traditions, then I strongly agree.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2022, 07:26:09 PM »

Now if you want to talk about how lame it is to use Jump Around and Sweet Caroline in copying UW's traditions, then I strongly agree.

If you think thats a UW created tradition you really are as stupid as you come across
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU24

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2022, 07:57:20 PM »
People are mad about this? Have you never been to a marquee college basketball game before?

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2022, 07:59:29 PM »

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2022, 08:02:26 PM »
This is the worst post I've seen on here in a while and that's saying a lot

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2022, 08:09:47 PM »
God forbid a 21 year old student says something vulgar!

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2022, 08:10:30 PM »

Jump around was used at  Marquette before UW ever touched it. Sweet caroline? Are you FKING  ;D serious?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2022, 08:29:03 PM »

Hahaha—-classic Badger troll.
Still hoping for that #1 seed for Becky hey?

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2022, 08:29:55 PM »
OK, I'm old, but I disapprove of F-chants. It's not that I don't use the word myself in appropriate circumstances, it's just that it signifies a dearth of imagination and vocabulary in finding ways to express disapproval.
I think F-chants indicate a lack of intelligence and creativity (not to mention civillity). Perhaps it's not so surprising that they are more common of late since the trend in this country seems to be toward dumbing down.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2022, 08:32:25 PM »
OK, I'm old, but I disapprove of F-chants. It's not that I don't use the word myself in appropriate circumstances, it's just that it signifies a dearth of imagination and vocabulary in finding ways to express disapproval.

I am fairly imaginative with a decent vocabulary and I drop F-bombs daily.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2022, 08:34:00 PM »
Jump around was used at  Marquette before UW ever touched it. Sweet caroline? Are you FKING  ;D serious?

Somebody please tell Red Sox fans to stop with Sweet Caroline as UW fanbase would like to take credit for that and Jump Around.  And, we are clearly copying their FU, EAT SH1T chant.      All blame and credit to the Great UW.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2022, 08:40:25 PM »
I drop F-bombs daily.

Daily, Fluff? Expand your horizons.

Balrogs

• Walk-On
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2022, 08:50:55 PM »

Do you have a reference to that to cite?  I hear that  we're copying the rodents all the time.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2022, 08:58:34 PM »
Somebody please tell Red Sox fans to stop with Sweet Caroline as UW fanbase would like to take credit for that and Jump Around.  And, we are clearly copying their FU, EAT SH1T chant.      All blame and credit to the Great UW.
I remember when UW-Madison invented football and basketball in the same year. It was a few years after they discovered gravity and that the earth was round.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2022, 09:03:14 PM »
I am fairly imaginative with a decent vocabulary and I drop F-bombs daily.

So (in your not so humble opinion, anyway) you’re not so limited that you have to talk that way - but you choose to anyway. Sad.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2022, 09:14:11 PM »
unnatural carnal knowledge this thread.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2022, 09:19:42 PM »
Bad news for the prudes of Sccop. Science says those of us who swear often are more intelligent and honest.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/worried-about-your-foul-mouth-swearing-could-actually-be-good-for-you

MU82

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2022, 09:23:10 PM »
Bad news for the prudes of Sccop. Science says those of us who swear often are more intelligent and honest.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/worried-about-your-foul-mouth-swearing-could-actually-be-good-for-you

Damn ... the guy in effen McCormick 409 my freshman year must be an effen nuclear physicist or something!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2022, 09:30:57 PM »
Oh, the humanity, save the children…

Glad to see there is broad support for vulgar and unneeded anger.  If we as a people cannot conduct ourselves in a respectful way over something like a basketball game how is it possible to do so with things of real existential value?  What is the value of education if you return to blood lust to support your side?  How does a nation heal if nobody acts with civility??

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2022, 09:42:31 PM »
I was at the MU Villanova game last night.  A very impressive win against a solid Nova team.  What was way less impressive was the conduct of the student section offering a F..... Nova and later an F....Jay Wright chant.  Very disappointing.  Jay Wright is humble in victory and gracious in defeat.  The vulgar display by MU students is not appropriate for any university let alone a Catholic one.  Shame on you

Meh...non issue.  Happens all over the place.  We gonna criticize Jay Wright everytime he directs an F bomb towards officials?  Because that happens far more often than directed at him.
VIOLENCE!

OffTheGlass

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2022, 09:58:35 PM »
Meh...non issue.  Happens all over the place.  We gonna criticize Jay Wright everytime he directs an F bomb towards officials?  Because that happens far more often than directed at him.

I like Jay Wright. He wins with class and loses with class and never hesitates to give MU kudos when we beat his teams. I definitely agree with your comment about F-Bombing the refs.

I would say he is one of the biggest whiners in the game when it comes to the officiating. Whether he earns that right or not, I don't know, but it drives me nuts for some reason as we weren't 10 seconds into the game and he was crying. But at the end of the day,  I don't think he cares if our students shout that stuff out or not, let alone hears it. He has heard everything I'm quite sure.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2022, 10:06:30 PM »
Not wanting to hear the students continually yelling a vulgar chant doesn’t  make one a prude. A person can use profanity sometimes personally and still not want to hear it chanted during sports events. And what other teams’ fans do is irrelevant, what is this, a race to the bottom?
I’m disappointed. I think we can be more creative and do better.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2022, 10:10:41 PM »
Not wanting to hear the students continually yelling a vulgar chant doesn’t  make one a prude. A person can use profanity sometimes personally and still not want to hear it chanted during sports events. And what other teams’ fans do is irrelevant, what is this, a race to the bottom?

Let kids have fun. This board loves to hate on the students when they aren't there. A stadium filled with 18-22 YO kids is going to have some swearing. It's also going to deliver an environment with energy that is unique to college.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2022, 10:12:41 PM »

It's like 3000 18-22 year olds.  They have players like Bryce Aiken yelling at them to sit the F*** down and players talking smack to them.  Coaches lose their cool too.  I get that you don't like it, but it's just going to happen in competition with 18-22 year old kids.  Has nothing to do with Marquette specifically and everything to do with College kids.
VIOLENCE!

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2022, 10:13:50 PM »
Let kids have fun. This board loves to hate on the students when they aren't there. A stadium filled with 18-22 YO kids is going to have some swearing. It's also going to deliver an environment with energy that is unique to college.

Wow...talk about timing with our 2 comments on 18-22 year old kids...haha
VIOLENCE!