[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Anybody keep a box score?  (Read 7115 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Anybody keep a box score?
« on: August 12, 2015, 01:43:29 PM »
Anybody keep an unofficial box score for the game today? Or know if there is one online somewhere?
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Anybody keep a box score?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 01:44:30 PM »
If they don't post one I'll do one today. I believe the game will be archived on youtube.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 01:50:39 PM »
Per @MarquetteMBB

Duane 28 pts, 3 stls
Henry 24 points, 10 rebounds
Luke 10 pts, 10 rebounds
Sandy 10 2nd half pts

Two players with double doubles.  That could be good in the regular season.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 01:53:17 PM »
Per @MarquetteMBB

Duane 28 pts, 3 stls
Henry 24 points, 10 rebounds
Luke 10 pts, 10 rebounds
Sandy 10 2nd half pts

Two players with double doubles.  That could be good in the regular season.

Thanks Mom.  Welcome!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 01:57:31 PM »
Love to see Carter's line. He did a bit of everything. Shot from three, assists, steals, and rebounds. Not yet refined, but did a lot of different stuff.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 02:00:12 PM »
Interesting. I must've thought luke was Henry a few times because I thought Luke had like 14. But still great stats, remember this haukar team went like 17-14 last year though and had a player injured.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 09:49:19 PM »
So ...

Which region has us as the No. 1 seed, baby?!?!?!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 10:34:24 AM »
Still no box score available??
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Totally Unofficial Box Score
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 11:33:07 AM »
My numbers didn't come up exact with what Marquette said, but I rewatched the game and here are the numbers I came up with.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 11:42:26 AM »
The positives of the box score...
  • Traci Carter: I'll take 7 pts/7 assists/7 steals/5 rebounds from my PG any day of the week. A couple of his three attempts were bad decisions and he had some freshman mistake turnovers, but a solid line all around. Amazed how quick his hands are on defense.
  • Duane Wilson: Heated up from three in the second half. Didn't do much outside of scoring, but scored a ton.
  • Henry Ellenson: The 22/9 is great, but I loved the 4 assists and 2 steals as well. Just a complete performance. Threes didn't fall, but he shot with confidence. Only guy that was really solid from the stripe.
  • Sacar Anim: Didn't play a ton, but did a bit of everything after starting the night with a bad turnover. It's one game, but reminded me a bit of a very young Trent Lockett.
The negatives of the box score:
  • Disparities: My numbers gave one of Henry's rebounds to Luke, so only one double-double by my count. Just called it like I saw it.
  • Free throws: At one point we were 6/15, so it improved as the game went on, but way too many points left at the stripe.
  • Three point shooting: Also improved as the game went on when Duane and Sandy heated up. But 4/19 outside of Duane is pretty rough.
  • Quiet bench: Hopefully this will improve, but while Anim was decent, no one else really asserted themselves. Jajuan and Heldt in particular were pedestrian.
  • Where are the blocks: Figured against a smaller team, Luke and Henry would shine in this regard. Not so much.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 11:46:30 AM »
THANKS Brew!!!
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 11:51:14 AM »
  • Traci Carter: I'll take 7 pts/7 assists/7 steals/5 rebounds from my PG any day of the week. A couple of his three attempts were bad decisions and he had some freshman mistake turnovers, but a solid line all around. Amazed how quick his hands are on defense.
  • Duane Wilson: Heated up from three in the second half. Didn't do much outside of scoring, but scored a ton.
  • Henry Ellenson: The 22/9 is great, but I loved the 4 assists and 2 steals as well. Just a complete performance. Threes didn't fall, but he shot with confidence. Only guy that was really solid from the stripe.
  • Sacar Anim: Didn't play a ton, but did a bit of everything after starting the night with a bad turnover. It's one game, but reminded me a bit of a very young Trent Lockett.
  • Disparities: My numbers gave one of Henry's rebounds to Luke, so only one double-double by my count. Just called it like I saw it.
  • Free throws: At one point we were 6/15, so it improved as the game went on, but way too many points left at the stripe.
  • Three point shooting: Also improved as the game went on when Duane and Sandy heated up. But 4/19 outside of Duane is pretty rough.
  • Quiet bench: Hopefully this will improve, but while Anim was decent, no one else really asserted themselves. Jajuan and Heldt in particular were pedestrian.
  • Where are the blocks: Figured against a smaller team, Luke and Henry would shine in this regard. Not so much.

Wasn't there prior concern about how slick the type of ball being used for the eurotrip was prior to them heading overseas? Add the already slick ball to horrible gym conditions and I could somewhat see a correlation in poor shooting performances. I'm not saying that we couldn't be better because we should be by all accounts but that may have a little bit to do with those numbers. I know, excuses. It'll definitely be an adjustment during the trip. I see those percentages only getting better.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 11:51:29 AM »
One other note...when I rewatched the game, there were some points where the feed jumped forward, so I may have missed some things. There was at least one point scored by Marquette unaccounted for. I am positive I remember Wally going to the free throw line once, and I didn't see him score at all today, so I gave him the 1/2 at the line.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 12:00:56 PM »
One other note...when I rewatched the game, there were some points where the feed jumped forward, so I may have missed some things. There was at least one point scored by Marquette unaccounted for. I am positive I remember Wally going to the free throw line once, and I didn't see him score at all today, so I gave him the 1/2 at the line.

Thanks for the box score. Awesome to see full stat lines even with exhibition games.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 12:08:46 PM »
Thanks for the box score. Awesome to see full stat lines even with exhibition games.

I posted a picture of the guys in Italy a couple of days ago with the tagline, "Getting excited about basketball season".

All of my SEC friends responded with, "What the F*ck?  It's not even football season yet!"

LOL. Whatever.
Have some patience, FFS.

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2015, 12:12:16 PM »

Hard to get blocks when the other team just pops 3s all day.

brewcity77

• All American
      • Cracked Sidewalks
    « Reply #16 on: August 13, 2015, 12:14:05 PM »
      Hard to get blocks when the other team just pops 3s all day.
    Very true, and it is largely that Haukar shied away from attacking the basket with Luke down low. Probably just a case of Haukar having actually scouted us and realizing they couldn't do much in the paint other than when the backdoor cuts worked (putting the shot blockers out of position).[/list]

Nukem2

• All American
    « Reply #17 on: August 13, 2015, 12:20:06 PM »
      Very true, and it is largely that Haukar shied away from attacking the basket with Luke down low. Probably just a case of Haukar having actually scouted us and realizing they couldn't do much in the paint other than when the backdoor cuts worked (putting the shot blockers out of position).[/list]
      Haukar was kicking the ball out for the most part and MU's bigs were slow in closing out on those resultant shots.

brewcity77

• All American
        • Cracked Sidewalks
      « Reply #18 on: August 13, 2015, 12:43:51 PM »
      Defensive rotations were far too slow. That opened them up both on the perimeter and allowed them to hit us with all those back door cuts. It was also good execution on their part.

In general, I was okay with the defense, though. Duane played some excellent man to man defense and Traci was very encouraging. Luke and Henry simply being there killed most of their penetration. Both Anim and Wally played decent defense in their relief stretches. I'm sure it will be a work in progress, but on a second watch I didn't notice any zone at all (this would have been a horrible team to zone). Be interesting to see if that's incorporated in the second game. I'm confident we will be a very different team on defense this year.

brewcity77

• All American
        • Cracked Sidewalks
      « Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 12:49:39 PM »
      Wasn't there prior concern about how slick the type of ball being used for the eurotrip was prior to them heading overseas? Add the already slick ball to horrible gym conditions and I could somewhat see a correlation in poor shooting performances. I'm not saying that we couldn't be better because we should be by all accounts but that may have a little bit to do with those numbers. I know, excuses. It'll definitely be an adjustment during the trip. I see those percentages only getting better.

Just saw this...as far as the perimeter shooting, I think that was least affected by the wet floors. Most of the slips happened inside the arc. Duane and Traci both fell just inside the top of the key and Luke's ugly looking fall came in the paint. As I recall the Haukar players also had their difficulties inside.

My guess as far as the shooting was a combination of a deeper three-point arc than we are used to and a slightly different sized ball. I didn't break it down by half, but free throws and threes both got better as the game went on, so as the players adjusted to those differences at game speed they improved. Haukar was consistent throughout, but these are the lines and balls they are used to.

One more note about the commentator, Thomas mentioned early on in the first quarter that as the game went on he expected to see Marquette be able to wear Haukar out with their athleticism. I thought it was very interesting when watching a second time because in the last 6 minutes of the game, we really took over and simply had more speed, endurance, and gas in the tank than the Icelandic team did. Very good analysis on his part to pick up on that early, especially with a Marquette team he likely hasn't seen other than in practice.

GGGG

• All American
      « Reply #20 on: August 13, 2015, 12:53:26 PM »
      One more note about the commentator, Thomas mentioned early on in the first quarter that as the game went on he expected to see Marquette be able to wear Haukar out with their athleticism. I thought it was very interesting when watching a second time because in the last 6 minutes of the game, we really took over and simply had more speed, endurance, and gas in the tank than the Icelandic team did. Very good analysis on his part to pick up on that early, especially with a Marquette team he likely hasn't seen other than in practice.

I gotta admit, when watching the warm ups, I thought to myself "that doesn't look much like a professional basketball team."  They just didn't have the size or physique that I am used to seeing even in college games.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
      « Reply #21 on: August 13, 2015, 01:07:53 PM »
      JJJ didn't do anything at all offensively.

But his defense was actually really nice in his small stints of PT
      Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

brewcity77

• All American
        • Cracked Sidewalks
      « Reply #22 on: August 13, 2015, 01:18:30 PM »
      JJJ didn't do anything at all offensively.

But his defense was actually really nice in his small stints of PT

Tom Crean would have loved tracking stats in this game. There were a number of deflections. I believe JJJ had two (didn't result in turnovers), Duane had two (one did force a turnover), Henry and Traci both had at least one apiece.

I really hope JJJ can turn it on this year, but I'm definitely ramping my expectations for him down. If Cheatham is ahead of him, it sure looks like he'll be the 10th man on a team that goes 10 deep. If that's the case, I'd have to think he's more disappointing than even Jamail or E-Will, considering the hype he came in with.

wadesworld

• All American
      « Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 01:23:22 PM »
      • [/b]

You mentioned it later, but it's important to remember that the 3 point line is deeper than we will be playing with.  I didn't think the 3 point line was going to be as much further back as it was.  It certainly looks closer to NBA range than to the college 3 point line to me.  Could be wrong, but a lot of our 3 point attempts are what would be very, very deep 3 point attempts in the college game.

Also, I personally thought Heldt looked really good, he just didn't play much at all.  From what I can remember, he only played 1 stint, and in that he went hard to the bucket and got fouled (1 for 2 from the line, I think), and then made a nice move to finish close to the bucket.  He looked like he may have a similar post game to Luke in a few years.
      Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
        • Cracked Sidewalks
      « Reply #24 on: August 13, 2015, 01:43:13 PM »
      You mentioned it later, but it's important to remember that the 3 point line is deeper than we will be playing with.  I didn't think the 3 point line was going to be as much further back as it was.  It certainly looks closer to NBA range than to the college 3 point line to me.  Could be wrong, but a lot of our 3 point attempts are what would be very, very deep 3 point attempts in the college game.

Also, I personally thought Heldt looked really good, he just didn't play much at all.  From what I can remember, he only played 1 stint, and in that he went hard to the bucket and got fouled (1 for 2 from the line, I think), and then made a nice move to finish close to the bucket.  He looked like he may have a similar post game to Luke in a few years.

Heldt was fine, he just didn't do much to stand out. Drew the foul, but missed the FTs. He did get a bucket later. My guess is he'll get some spot minutes, but I was more pointing out that at the moment, we don't really seem to have any sparkplug type player off the bench. Hopefully someone can develop into that role. At the moment, everyone on the bench looks serviceable, but that's about it.

feedback