Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Coach Crean - A Class Act  (Read 1879 times)

Daniel

• All American
Coach Crean - A Class Act
« on: January 09, 2008, 01:14:12 AM »
After the tough win tonight, we were elated to walk out with the W.  When we were exiting the Bradley Center, heading down the escalator, who is standing at the bottom of the escalators - right in between them both?  Coach Crean - high-fiving the fans on his left and right simultaneously, and yelling "Thanks for coming; thanks for cheering tonight - without you we would not have won."  He was there for a while too.

Class act.  He really appreciated the fans tonight - wow.

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Coach Crean - A Class Act
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 01:29:21 AM »
He mentioned the crowd several times in his press conference after the game. Crowd wasn't the loudest it can get, but not bad at all for a midweek game. In the second half they got out of their seats quite a bit. Saturday will be a great atmosphere, hopefully the boys can give 19,000 a win.

Tonight just confirmed for me the fact that even an ugly college basketball game is far more exciting than an NBA game.

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 07:02:28 AM »
yeah, but when I was coming down, he turned his back and hugged the dude on the other escalator!
you call that appreciation?!!!!  he saw me coming!!  didn't even recognize my props!!
where's the love, TC???!!!

pretty good move by coach.
telling my buddy, good pr.
obviously knew the big donors, too!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 07:58:38 AM by TVDirector »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 07:27:29 AM »
tvdirector, were you standing next to PRN?   That could explain why TC 'dissed' you.   ;D
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 08:07:58 AM »
Wait, I thought he was at that escalator to personally thank me for firing them up with some LET'S GO WARRIORS.   The rest of you guys just got in the way.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 04:31:56 PM »
Yeah - I've been telling friends who weren't at the game that the Coach came up to us personally and thanked us for being there !  HA!

It was a class act though - props to Coach

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 11:27:32 AM »
He's always been so big on the fans and especially the students. I haven't been to too many other colleges for games, but none of the others places (Illinois, UConn, NC State to name a few) have the kind of coach-crowd appreciation shown by Crean.

Last year on Gameday, he came into the stands after the broadcast and thanked us all for being up so early and told us to go take a nap before the game so we could be ready to go. But the best thing he ever did was having Dumd and Dumber played on the jumbotron before the Wisconsin game last year. He's a stud

feedback