'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nova SOTG  (Read 9963 times)

1SE

• All American
Re: Nova SOTG
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2020, 04:11:46 AM »
It's Markus.  And for me it wasn't that close.  It took a great TEAM effort to pull off that first half, and great TEAM defense to keep the lead in the second half.  Markus was the straw that stirred the drink though.  He set the aggressive tone at the start of the game, and others followed suit.  And then when nobody could score, he hit that nearly impossible double screen 3pt dagger that loosened up the offense again. 

So if you'd like he Straw of the Game.  But he had 29 points and 8 (!!) rebounds.

How about Stat-Stuffer of the Game (SSOTG) if that's all this comes down to? Plus most of those were easy rebounds

I can't really argue (and it doesn't matter if I do) - we don't win the game without Markus. But he was off the floor for over 25% of the game. If you told me before the game that Markus was only going to play 29 minutes and foul out I would have guessed a L. If Koby didn't step up in those minutes, especially in the 1st half, I think it would have been a very different game.

Has 22pts ever not been SOTG for any player other than Markus?
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Nova SOTG
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2020, 05:42:02 AM »
Has 22pts ever not been SOTG for any player other than Markus?

I'm sure in games with multiple 22+ point scorers (Rowsey, Hauser days).

Honestly, it shouldn't bother anyone that Howard is dominating this. We have a legitimate National Player of the Year candidate. He leads the nation in scoring and is undoubtedly one of the best players in the country. If we finish as a top-4 seed, he will be one of the two or three players seriously considered for the highest individual award in the sport. When you have a guy who's that good, he's going to be your best player most nights.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.