Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Riley  (Read 6046 times)

AlumKCof93

• All American
Re: Riley
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 02:12:34 PM »
Well put, Mr. Mayer.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 10:06:28 PM »
I think we will have someone transfer, because they want to play and they know they will not play if they stay. Culliban is barely playing this year and cannot expext to play much next year. Hazel has played enough this year to want to play next year, but I do not see him playing much here next year. I certainly hope Aker comes back, because I know he can handle the ball. I do not want to depend soley on a freshman point guard. The other player I am starting to worry about leaving is Otule. I could see him getting frustrated about his playing time. I hope he gets significant time against DePaul.

KCmastapeace

• Walk-On
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2009, 05:23:49 PM »
I follow recruiting pretty closely and I remember for a fact that probably 1.5 years ago Riley was a 5 star prospect and rated as one of the top big men.  Now I'm pretty sure he's a 3 star on rivals.  Does anyone know what brought on this drop?  Was he a bit overrated or did he have off the court problems??

Either way I hope we can get him, he would be a huge plus!

bma725

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 06:42:44 PM »
I follow recruiting pretty closely and I remember for a fact that probably 1.5 years ago Riley was a 5 star prospect and rated as one of the top big men.  Now I'm pretty sure he's a 3 star on rivals.  Does anyone know what brought on this drop?  Was he a bit overrated or did he have off the court problems??

Either way I hope we can get him, he would be a huge plus!

Attitude.  Anyone who has watched Riley play knows that he almost never plays with any passion, he takes plays off on both sides of the court, he never goes 100%, and he seems to be wasting his talent much of the time.  Over the summer, what had been an occasional problem became an every game problem, and he never dominated like most thought he would/should.