'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: D-List  (Read 7856 times)

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
D-List
« on: October 13, 2009, 01:20:26 PM »
Buzz is on the D-List right now, anyone that can listen and provide a lil rundown of what is said would be appreciated?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: D-List
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 01:49:44 PM »
The D-List has to be the worst sports radio show ever.  And that's including Homer's show.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 01:55:27 PM »
The D-List has to be the worst sports radio show ever.  And that's including Homer's show.
Actually for local shows, these are not that bad.  I only listen to the radio when I'm in the car.  I can't say they are bad.  Remeber, they have a lot of time to fill.  Now, bad is Jim Rome who is absolutely unlistenable.  Smack that guy off the radio!

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 01:59:20 PM »

You dont know what you're talking about.

The D-list is hands down the best radio show in Milwaukee.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 02:04:18 PM »

Talk about damning with feint praise...

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 04:02:12 PM »
can any of you comedians give a recap?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 04:28:50 PM »

I'm actually not surprised Milwaukee loves this show, but in a general sports sense, it's god awful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 04:41:41 PM »
I'm actually not surprised Milwaukee loves this show, but in a general sports sense, it's god awful.

+1

Milwaukeeans in general come off as mindless doofuses when they have call-in segments on 540.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 04:42:59 PM »

That is just false.

Very knowledgeable hosts, great regular guests (Hardricourt, Wilde), they dont often speak ill of MU...Tell me what is so bad about it...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 04:52:14 PM »
That is just false.

Very knowledgeable hosts, great regular guests (Hardricourt, Wilde), they dont often speak ill of MU...Tell me what is so bad about it...

Lowest common denominator dumb.  Predictable.  Wilde and Hardricourt are fine...though neither is particularly insightful.  And I'm sorry, but the hosts aren't anymore knowledgeable than most.  I cringe when they spout some of their old and tired overused sports chiches.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 04:54:16 PM »
Oh one other thing...hearing "BING!!!" a few times, I am compelled to listen to pretty much anything else.  By that point, I'd listen to polka.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 05:10:27 PM »
So what do you reccommend then?

If you say WSSP, it will prove how clueless you really are.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 05:11:23 PM »

Lowest common denominator dumb.  Predictable.  Wilde and Hardricourt are fine...though neither is particularly insightful.  And I'm sorry, but the hosts aren't anymore knowledgeable than most.  I cringe when they spout some of their old and tired overused sports chiches.
Across the country there just are not many "knowlegeable" sports hosts who really know much more than many hard-core fans.  Just the way its is.  The real issue is there is too much time.  Even national guys like Dan Patrick resort to a lot of entertainment stuff to fill the time available.  That stuff is really poor.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 05:15:22 PM »
Across the country there just are not many "knowlegeable" sports hosts who really know much more than many hard-core fans.  Just the way its is.  The real issue is there is too much time.  Even national guys like Dan Patrick resort to a lot of entertainment stuff to fill the time available.  That stuff is really poor.

Thats the thing about the D-List...Olsen and Needles are extremely knowledgeable, and have been around Wisconsin/Milwaukee sports for a very long time.  Dan Needles won on Stump the Schwab.

I have lived in 2 other cities (CLE, and currently DC), besides Milwaukee...and I have yet to find a local show that is as good as the D-List.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 05:16:02 PM »
That is just false.

They were talking about a Prince Fielder trade, and they went through a list of who they would take. THEY WOULD NOT TAKE TIM LINCECUM.

That's all that needs to be said.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 05:21:52 PM »
They were talking about a Prince Fielder trade, and they went through a list of who they would take. THEY WOULD NOT TAKE TIM LINCECUM.

As Doug Melvin states, its hard to acquire a pitcher for an everyday star like Fielder in a straight-up trade as so much can happen with a pitcher.  Methinks you are being way too harsh on the D-List.  Your opinion with which others disagree. 

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 05:24:27 PM »
Does Hardricourt hear a "Baa dum, dum" in his head when he is on these radio shows, because he thinks he is hilarious.  Why is he on Dave & Carole and 540?  Is he really the best person they can find to be on the radio to talk about the Brewers?

He can not talk about a topic, any topic, without saying a sentence that goes, "That's like....(insert painfully lame joke here)".  I cannot listen to him because he is just not funny.  He is like listening to the Unknown Comic. (kinda like that!)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 06:00:49 PM »
So what do you reccommend then?

If you say WSSP, it will prove how clueless you really are.

I listen to WSCR out of Chicago.  Otherwise I pretty much avoid sports radio in general.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 06:24:27 PM »
Here's a newsflash...ALL OF MILWAUKEE RADIO SUCKS! The fact that Bob and Brian have a guy on in the morning to talk sports who doesn't even live in Milwaukee is an embarrassment...as are the two pathetic hosts.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 07:12:16 PM »

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/63940742.html

And based on this article, baseball analyst Bill James and Doug Melvin would agree with the D-List.

Quote from the article:  "I'd say the team that gets the non-pitcher will win 65% of the time, because hitting is more stable and predictable than pitching," James answered.

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 07:27:41 PM »
Now, bad is Jim Rome who is absolutely unlistenable.  Smack that guy off the radio!

Couldn't disagree more...I used to dislike the guy, but started listening to him at work and LOVE his show. He is hilarious.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 08:07:37 PM »
Couldn't disagree more...I used to dislike the guy, but started listening to him at work and LOVE his show. He is hilarious.

Like a lot of these kind of shows, you have to listen a while to "get it," and even then you might not like it.

I'd rather listen to Cowherd.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 08:41:15 PM »
Does Hardricourt hear a "Baa dum, dum" in his head when he is on these radio shows, because he thinks he is hilarious.  Why is he on Dave & Carole and 540?  Is he really the best person they can find to be on the radio to talk about the Brewers?

He can not talk about a topic, any topic, without saying a sentence that goes, "That's like....(insert painfully lame joke here)".  I cannot listen to him because he is just not funny.  He is like listening to the Unknown Comic. (kinda like that!)

He's the only option because he's the only full time guy on the Brewers beat.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 08:43:57 PM »
He's the only option because he's the only full time guy on the Brewers beat.

You are forgetting Witrado, and McCalvy...both are a distant 2nd/3rd to Hardricourt.

shaquilvaine

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 08:56:12 PM »
D-list is my favorite local show hands down.  The hosts are knowledgable and their A-list interviews are fantastic.  it is also one of the few shows that spreads the love for MU hoops.

I used to listen to the score.  The score is overrated.  All Chicagoans think it is the greatest sports radio ever.  Mike North might've been the biggest moron on this planet and Boers and Bernstein think they are God's gift to sports radio.  They remind me of how some of the badgernation posters would sound hosting a radio show.  If there is one thing I can't stand on sports radio, it is a host who asks a question and then shoots down every caller without truly listening to their arguments.  This is what chicago sports radio is.