Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: D-List  (Read 7901 times)

T-Bone

• All American
Re: D-List
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 09:05:45 PM »
So...  What did Buzz talk aboot? 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 09:35:58 PM »
D-list is my favorite local show hands down.  The hosts are knowledgable and their A-list interviews are fantastic.  it is also one of the few shows that spreads the love for MU hoops.

I used to listen to the score.  The score is overrated.  All Chicagoans think it is the greatest sports radio ever.  Mike North might've been the biggest moron on this planet and Boers and Bernstein think they are God's gift to sports radio. 

B&B makes the D-list look like drooling morons....which they are.

And I'm not a Chicagoan.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2009, 09:42:55 PM »
Here's a newsflash...ALL OF MILWAUKEE RADIO SUCKS! The fact that Bob and Brian have a guy on in the morning to talk sports who doesn't even live in Milwaukee is an embarrassment...as are the two pathetic hosts.
PRN, the newsflash is that sports radio sucks everywhere.  Milwaukee actually is on the higher end.

LON

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2009, 08:00:38 AM »
PRN, the newsflash is that sports radio sucks everywhere.  Milwaukee actually is on the higher end.

Bingo.  But FM radio in MKE sucks something fierce...I got Sirius when I got my car 2+ years ago and will NEVER go back.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2009, 08:02:40 AM »

B&B makes the D-list look like drooling morons....which they are.

And I'm not a Chicagoan.

Explain...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 08:18:42 AM »
Explain...

OK...The one thing I like about B&B is that they challenge the tired sports chiches that are overused in sports radio.  An example was after the Bears beat the Steelers, there were a number of columnists, and fans, who were worried about the lack of a running game - a lack of balance in the offense.  They pointed out that balance doesn't matter necessarily, and that good teams generally have balance because they are running a lot toward the end of games.

Now, Shaq is right in that this is their point and they'll stick to it, and oftentimes ridicule those who disagree with them.  But also they are very entertaining.

The problem I have with the D-list is that they play into cliches more than they challenge them.  And then they get a bunch of callers that reinforce that.  It's just annoying.  And I don't care if Dan Needles won on "Stump the Schwab" - that's sports trivia..not necessarily sports.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 08:32:05 AM »

The problem I have with the D-list is that they play into cliches more than they challenge them.  And then they get a bunch of callers that reinforce that.  It's just annoying.  And I don't care if Dan Needles won on "Stump the Schwab" - that's sports trivia..not necessarily sports.

I just dont see/hear the same things you are.  They are often pretty on point in their discussions, and dont resort to saying outlandish/ignorant things, just to get people to call in and argue with them...like most sports talk radio shows do.

To each his own, I guess.

Drew Olson was also the President of the Baseball Writers Association of America...they dont generally give that title to drooling morons.  The guy knows what he is talking about.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 08:33:57 AM by GOMU1104 »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 08:39:33 AM »
The best sports radio is when Frank Caliendo comes on and starts imitating/riffing on everyone, especially Rome.   Hilarious.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

thanooj

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 10:43:52 AM »

I listen to WSCR out of Chicago.  Otherwise I pretty much avoid sports radio in general.

and yet you seem to know an awful lot about 540 programming, tendencies, and even regular guests.
Original member of the "Dean's List"

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2009, 12:49:35 PM »

A station with "Murph" would need to have Dan Patrick, Tony Kornheiser, Colin Cowherd, and Mike and Mike just to get back to Mediocre
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2009, 01:26:35 PM »
So in general I guess the answer to my question, is no one can give a recap.  Thank you for your time.

And yes I enjoy the D-List.  1250 is insufferable.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2009, 01:30:07 PM »
So in general I guess the answer to my question, is no one can give a recap.  Thank you for your time.

And yes I enjoy the D-List.  1250 is insufferable.

Stream it

http://espnmilwaukee.com/audiovault/a_list.php

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2009, 03:11:35 PM »

A station with "Murph" would need to have Dan Patrick, Tony Kornheiser, Colin Cowherd, and Mike and Mike just to get back to Mediocre

Murph was shown the door and Dan Bernstein often fills in for Dan Patrick.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2009, 03:26:17 PM »
100% agree with you Sultan.

The D-List is the very lowest common denominator of sports thought that B&B talk about.

One thing I love is how they understand that in the overall scheme of things, sports don't matter. 

Some of you on here seem to think that sports radio simply means that a show pro Marquette.  While that's a dumb argument B&B stated in the NCAA tourny last year they are big Buzz Williams fans.

Their producer, Jason Goff, is also one of the best producers in the country.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2009, 07:27:17 PM »

Murph was let go, thankfully, earlier this year.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2009, 07:28:59 PM »
and yet you seem to know an awful lot about 540 programming, tendencies, and even regular guests.

When it was on in the late AM, I would occasionally stream it.  I stopped listening before they made the move to the afternoon.

Nice try though.

thanooj

• Starter
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2009, 11:51:55 PM »

When it was on in the late AM, I would occasionally stream it.  I stopped listening before they made the move to the afternoon.

Nice try though.
thankyou.  i couldn't pass it up.
Original member of the "Dean's List"