[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Interesting article on Fox Sports about Wade and Crean  (Read 11603 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Interesting article on Fox Sports about Wade and Crean
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 09:45:16 AM »
No, but he still felt the need to dictate to me and my team whenever something came up (i.e. his son's birthday) regardless of what we were doing (working on the Blue & Gold Fund website) and expected us to drop whatever it was and ask "how high?" as though we were his athletes and he was our king.

Oh brother....

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 09:55:38 AM »
I don't think I'm alone in wanting to hear the story about his son's birthday. I beg you.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 10:10:35 AM »
I don't think I'm alone in wanting to hear the story about his son's birthday. I beg you.

Agreed.  I would love to hear this story about how the poor web-designer was ordered around by the evil basketball coach.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 10:23:40 AM »
I'd heard bits and pieces about his behavior, but nothing huge.
Is there a thread with the rumored pretty boy Crean behavior? I havent heard any specific stories just that some folks hate him
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 10:27:20 AM »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2013, 10:51:33 AM »
I4 was the master of pretending to want to talk to you, but spent the whole time looking over your shoulder for someone better to talk to.

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 10:55:41 AM »
I4 was the master of pretending to want to talk to you, but spent the whole time looking over your shoulder for someone better to talk to.

I think that's a good way to put it.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2013, 11:34:13 AM »

Agreed.  I would love to hear this story about how the poor web-designer was ordered around by the evil basketball coach.

Everyone loves a good butthurt story.

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2013, 11:47:40 AM »
That was an example of him always being the most important regardless of anything else going on. He's a self-important, holier-than-thou, I'm-the-only-person-who-matters-so-shut-up-and-pay-attention-to-me-no-matter-what ass.

But yeah, I'm the bad guy for hating a dick boss. A thousand apologies, all.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2013, 11:56:27 AM »
too many dicks and ass mentioned in this thread.

need more t-n-a's.  

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2013, 12:46:48 PM »
Crean.....gone.....now.......

I appreciate all he did at MU.   I have thought for a long time, including his last years at MU that he is not a particularly good game coach.   It is good that he and Wade continue to enjoy a good relationship.    Buzz is our coach now.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2013, 12:54:28 PM »

That kid seems to get the royal treatment in every way possible. Sounds like a Harbaugh in the making. Can't wait til he's an adult

Death on call

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 02:14:12 PM »

That 1,000% happened to me in that exact description.  Unreal.  I was trying to congratulate him on landing the three amigos and convey my excitement about the future of MU hoops, but he was almost like a political robot scanning the room for big $ donors - never once made eye contact with me.  Just said, "Yeah we're gonna be run & gun next year" with zero emotion, still looking behind me, eyes scanning a mile a minute the entire time.  And he approached US, but acted like we didn't exist the whole time!  I've never been more underwhelmed by an interaction with a public figure in my life.  Just a completely bizarre scenario from start to finish.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2013, 02:48:12 PM »
That 1,000% happened to me in that exact description.  Unreal.  I was trying to congratulate him on landing the three amigos and convey my excitement about the future of MU hoops, but he was almost like a political robot scanning the room for big $ donors - never once made eye contact with me.  Just said, "Yeah we're gonna be run & gun next year" with zero emotion, still looking behind me, eyes scanning a mile a minute the entire time.  And he approached US, but acted like we didn't exist the whole time!  I've never been more underwhelmed by an interaction with a public figure in my life.  Just a completely bizarre scenario from start to finish.

This describes my one interaction with him as well. The similarity of your story is almost creepy. I don't think he made eye contact for the entire 20-30 seconds of the conversation.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 02:50:37 PM »

At once repulsed and attracted...like onlookers at a car crash

Death on call

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 04:45:12 PM »
It was nothing spectacular, it was just rude and annoying. He went around and had everyone come out of their offices/meetings and sing to him then watch him eat cake and pander to him for 45 minutes.

Because his 3 year old son is priority #1 for the Athletics office, obviously.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 07:19:53 PM »
It was nothing spectacular, it was just rude and annoying. He went around and had everyone come out of their offices/meetings and sing to him then watch him eat cake and pander to him for 45 minutes.

45 minutes? For a friggin 3 year old? That would be like the Bataan Death March.

Economic Assumptions:  45 minutes x 30 employees @ $80/Hr (fully burdened avg)  = $1,800 cost to Marquette for 3 y/o BD party

Hopefully there was cake for all or did you guys get to watch the Creans eat cake?

Death on call

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2013, 07:28:16 PM »
There was a cake, but it wasn't big enough for everyone. The kid opened gifts, also.

Is this really a big deal? No. And this event alone isn't the only reason I have such a strong distate for the man. It was all sorts of things like this over the course of working in the Athletics department for two years that really made me come to hate the guy. You could tell 100% he thought he was better than everyone around him and had no f*cks to give about anyone else. He was rude and condescending to the extreme. It didn't matter what you were doing, whenever he came around, you needed to drop everything and give him your full attention.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2013, 08:08:50 PM »
another extra douchelicious move by I4....look at the south side of the Al where the basketball coaches are located.  There is a nice wild flower garden there.  The extra doucheliciousness of the flower garden is that it is the exact size of the men's coach's office, installed at the request of none other than I4.  Terri Mitchell, she gets some dirt to look at.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2013, 08:21:21 PM »
another extra douchelicious move by I4....look at the south side of the Al where the basketball coaches are located.  There is a nice wild flower garden there.  The extra doucheliciousness of the flower garden is that it is the exact size of the men's coach's office, installed at the request of none other than I4.  Terri Mitchell, she gets some dirt to look at.

Given that it is Milwaukee he got to look at snow for most of the year. Did he do the plastic flower thing between Sep-April?

Death on call

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2013, 10:35:46 PM »
Given that it is Milwaukee he got to look at snow for most of the year. Did he do the plastic flower thing between Sep-April?

it was his kid's private snow angel area.  freshly groomed snow every day.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2013, 10:38:15 PM »
it was his kid's private snow angel area.  freshly groomed snow every day.

I wondered about that Sno Kat...

Death on call

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2013, 11:09:14 PM »

Well, at least you didn't turn into a huge kitten about it.

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2013, 02:50:33 PM »
It really upsets you that people don't like Crean, huh? How long have you been in love with him?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2013, 03:04:36 PM »

Crean's behavior in the case outlined by klyrish is beyond outrageous; it is weird. Who brings their 3 y/o kid to their workplace then demands everyone celebrate his birthday? And since Crean is in a position of authority, and obviously abuses that power, people are compelled to participate. Stories such as kylrish's demonstrate Crean to be a sick, twisted arsehole. Worse, because he has power, he is dangerous. kylrish has every right to be angry about that event. It is demeaning and abusive to treat employees that way. Funny thing is that Crean brought cake but not enough for everyone...people were therefore forced to stand around singing songs and watch the Crean's stuff BD cake into their mouths! Fugging incredible. You could not make that up.

Death on call

feedback