collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Fastest Way To Wreck a Company ...  (Read 10536 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Fastest Way To Wreck a Company ...
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2019, 06:11:39 PM »
It wasn’t a quote by FDR, but FDR did talk about Min wage as a living wage.  Which is why I specifically said Family wage, huge difference.  Again, the min wage was never meant to support a FAMILY, which is what I said.

Sure, when FDR spoke of a living wage and purchasing power, he clearly was referring to the 2019 Wikipedia definition, and not what it would have meant when he said it.
Context no matta.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2019, 06:33:59 PM »
Sure, when FDR spoke of a living wage and purchasing power, he clearly was referring to the 2019 Wikipedia definition, and not what it would have meant when he said it.
Context no matta.

Times change....what hasn't is min wage was never meant to support a family...ever.  Not then, not now.  It would be economic suicide.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2019, 06:39:26 PM »
Times change....what hasn't is min wage was never meant to support a family...ever.  Not then, not now.  It would be economic suicide.

You're wrong and I'm done arguing with you.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2019, 07:35:22 PM »
You're wrong and I'm done arguing with you.

10,000 economists vs 10,000 economists.....ball taken home.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

feedback