[May 13, 2024, 07:04:22 PM]

Ben Gold's summer by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 05:58:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 04:51:05 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by tower912
[May 13, 2024, 04:33:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Another legendary D Wade game winner  (Read 6042 times)

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
Another legendary D Wade game winner
« on: February 27, 2019, 09:25:28 PM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Another legendary D Wade game winner
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 09:28:31 PM »
I spent four hours today with Shareef Abdur Rahim (#3 pick overall in his own right, President of the G League)...he had some high praise for Marquette guys, especially Wade and Rivers.  Wade's play in the NBA helped MU tremendously the last 15 years. No doubt about it.  NO DOUBT.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 09:31:07 PM »
That fact that it came against the Warriors makes it infinitely better.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 10:28:10 PM »
Heat really needed that win too. Another great moment for D Wade. Hard to believe his career is coming to an end. Seems like it just started.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 06:26:08 AM »
I spent four hours today with Shareef Abdur Rahim (#3 pick overall in his own right, President of the G League)...he had some high praise for Marquette guys, especially Wade and Rivers.  Wade's play in the NBA helped MU tremendously the last 15 years. No doubt about it.  NO DOUBT.
Did you tell him he played like King Kong?  ;D

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 08:45:40 AM »

No, we Kept it to stud, beast mode (is that ok), silky smooth, etc. 

G League going to be an interesting destination spot for high school players starting next year.  Gave an amazing stat, 52% of NBA players spent time in the G League.  That blew me away, but with the way clubs are using G League now to bring guys up and down it’s possible.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 08:51:32 AM »
No, we Kept it to stud, beast mode (is that ok), silky smooth, etc. 

G League going to be an interesting destination spot for high school players starting next year.  Gave an amazing stat, 52% of NBA players spent time in the G League.  That blew me away, but with the way clubs are using G League now to bring guys up and down it’s possible.

That's interesting.  Are they going to get any increase in televised games?  How are they going to pay the increased G League salaries?  Is the NBA fronting that money?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 02:23:41 PM »

IMHO, we should call him a Warrior.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 05:02:58 PM »
Is the NBA fronting that money?

Yes. As they have been for a while. The G league is now a legit minor league on level with AAA minors.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 10:40:06 PM »
That's interesting.  Are they going to get any increase in televised games?  How are they going to pay the increased G League salaries?  Is the NBA fronting that money?

NBA is fronting and they have an educational option they have setup with Arizona State per Rahim.  Not huge amounts of money.

They are essentially making the claim that they are the second best league in the world.  I still don’t think many will go there and told him that my belief is kids want to build their brands which college lets them do.  Some of these G League teams are very small followings while others not too bad.  TV is basically on Twitch and ESPN+

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2019, 11:07:59 PM »

Four hours? Wow. Well, we're all very happy for you.

NO DOUBT Wade's play helped MU tremendously? I'm as big a Wade fan as anyone here, but which players who wouldn't have come to MU ended up here because of D Wade? Evidence?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2019, 12:20:30 AM »

NO DOUBT Wade's play helped MU tremendously? I'm as big a Wade fan as anyone here, but which players who wouldn't have come to MU ended up here because of D Wade? Evidence?

Sorry Lenny, just the facts....it was an enjoyable afternoon.  No need to be happy for me, be happy for you and your family.

I said his play helped MU tremendously....that came directly from two former MU coaches.  His play, the association with MU and continuing to keep the school in media light were beneficial to the program.  How many kids came to MU because of Wade....I don’t know nor did I make any such claim kids came to MU because of him, though I would surmise it didn’t hurt.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2019, 09:09:15 AM »

I feel like McNeal said wade was a huge factor in him coming in an interview?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2019, 09:14:48 AM »

I know for a fact Gabrielle Union never would have come here if not for him.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2019, 09:57:07 AM »
This isn't controversial, not sure why it would even have to be discussed by either side. Wade has been massive for us since the first game he played until now and will continue to pay dividends well into the future.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2019, 10:31:08 AM »
This isn't controversial, not sure why it would even have to be discussed by either side. Wade has been massive for us since the first game he played until now and will continue to pay dividends well into the future.

For some that hate the guy who brought him here, it's a bit of a sore point for them for the same reason he's the only one to get us back to the Final Four. 

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2019, 11:33:18 AM »
For some that hate the guy who brought him here, it's a bit of a sore point for them for the same reason he's the only one to get us back to the Final Four.

Hate the player Crean, not the game Wade, eh?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2019, 08:54:43 PM »
Sorry Lenny, just the facts....it was an enjoyable afternoon.  No need to be happy for me, be happy for you and your family.

I said his play helped MU tremendously....that came directly from two former MU coaches.  His play, the association with MU and continuing to keep the school in media light were beneficial to the program.  How many kids came to MU because of Wade....I don’t know nor did I make any such claim kids came to MU because of him, though I would surmise it didn’t hurt.

So there is ZERO EVIDENCE that D Wades play in the NBA was responsible for any player coming to Marquette yet there is NO DOUBT that his play in the NBA helped MU TREMENDOUSLY. Ex Marquette coach kiss up/coach speak isn't evidence. And even at that you have no quotes, only an assertion. Any facts?

Wade is a great player and a good guy but c'mon. I'm not picking on Dwyane - I don't think Steph Curry has been a tremendous help to Davidson. Or Kevin Durant to Texas. Or Westbrook to UCLA. Or Chris Paul to LSU (IIRC). Or Lebron to St Marys HS.  And on and on, so it goes.

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2019, 09:23:42 PM »
I thought the 3 amigos, Dominic James in particular, referenced Wade when committing to Marquette.  Maybe I misremembered.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2019, 09:51:44 PM »
So there is ZERO EVIDENCE that D Wades play in the NBA was responsible for any player coming to Marquette yet there is NO DOUBT that his play in the NBA helped MU TREMENDOUSLY. Ex Marquette coach kiss up/coach speak isn't evidence. And even at that you have no quotes, only an assertion. Any facts?

Wade is a great player and a good guy but c'mon. I'm not picking on Dwyane - I don't think Steph Curry has been a tremendous help to Davidson. Or Kevin Durant to Texas. Or Westbrook to UCLA. Or Chris Paul to LSU (IIRC). Or Lebron to St Marys HS.  And on and on, so it goes.

Chris Paul played at Wake Forest.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2019, 10:15:59 PM »
How 'bout that shot by Wade, though!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2019, 10:56:52 PM »
I thought the 3 amigos, Dominic James in particular, referenced Wade when committing to Marquette.  Maybe I misremembered.

If they did I never saw it - and I followed recruiting closely.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2019, 10:57:50 PM »
How 'bout that shot by Wade, though!

Awesome, to be sure!

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2019, 11:01:49 PM »
Chris Paul played at Wake Forest.

Right. He had zero impact on Wake Forest, not LSU.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2019, 01:03:27 AM »
I think saying D Wade was THE reason any particular recruit came to Marquette would be a mistake.

I think saying D Wade had zero impact any recruit coming to Marquette would be a mistake.

I would guess that the truth is somewhere in between.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.