collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North Pissing Match  (Read 114766 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: NFC North Pissing Match
« Reply #600 on: September 30, 2009, 10:20:45 PM »
I realize kids have become increasingly more dumb than when I was in school, but you young ladies are trying my patience.  

>Childress is every bit as bad a coach as Tice was - maybe worse. Don't believe me?  Don't worry, it won't take long.  

Huh?  When have I ever said this?

>As far as the best option for you guys at QB... at this point, it would still be Tarvaris.   eventually Favre will be forced to win a game with his arm, and when teams figure that out, the wheels will fall off the bus.

Huh?  did you see our game vs. the 49ers?  You're insane.

>How many more playoff games did you win than the LIONS last year?

Really?  This is you dissing the Minnesota Vikings?  Oooh, you won the same amount of playoff games as the Lions!  Get real.  Minnesota has the best team in the NFC North this year (and did last year, as proven by winning the division), hands down.  It's simple.  

Now, hit the books wad's and PXI.  I hope you two can be a fraction of the man I am one day - and that's gonna take a lot of work.  Get BIZ.

pillar queen - you might be hopeless.  Luckily, you enjoy living in hostels and sharing cheap bread with diseased foreign people in foreign lands.  And crappy football teams.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #601 on: September 30, 2009, 10:23:24 PM »
I'm surprised this this thread is still up, and that some of the guys on this thread know how to use this new fangled internet dealy.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #602 on: September 30, 2009, 10:24:28 PM »
I believe this 100%.

Brett could throw 40 TDs and 2 picks all year, and you guys would still be saying "Wait for the playoffs, he'll suck".

Then, when Brett throws 1 rocket-ball in the playoffs, you'll all rejoice and say "See! See!"

You all claim be using facts and viewing Favre objectively from your own experiences with him. It's bogus. You want to know why his playoff record isn't so great? Because the Packers had some bad teams that he made look great, and those teams were exposed in the playoffs. Troy Aikman has a good playoff record. Hmmm.... I wonder why.

Favre has won more games than anybody for the Packers. Don't crap on him now, guys. He was an AWESOME player. Don't  bash him now. I never hated him when he was a Packer, because I knew how F-ing good he was and how lucky the organization was to have him. I can't hate a guy that is that good. I hated losing to him, but I couldn't hate him because he was so good.

Favre could make the pro bowl and lead the Vikes to the playoffs, and yet somehow you guys will paint the season like a failure because God-forbid we all admit that he's successful for the dreaded Vikings. ohhhhh, soooo scary, I can never admit that my EX is happy with somebody else! Oh No!

It's the equivalent of calling your Ex a "fat bitch" when everybody can see that she looks good and is doing well. Just leave her alone.

I know this is the "pissing match" guys, but show some maturity and respect for one of your greatest players. And don't give me some BS about how "Brett disrespected the fans"  That's a bunch of crap. The dude tore himself up for 16 years entertaining you rubes. Give him some credit. I'm sorry that he doesn't bow down to every fat, drunk packer fan and thank them for naming their stupid kid brett, or for buying their ugly wife a #4 tattoo.
Here's the thing, when you were talking about why you couldn't hate him while he was on the Packers and how we shouldn't crap on him now, the key word you used A LOT is the word WAS.  No doubt he was UNBELIEVABLE.  He WAS unbelievable.  He IS not unbelievable anymore.  He is, at best, an average quarterback.  As XI said, 95 TDs and 95 turnovers since 2005.  That IS not unbelievable.  He WAS great.  He IS soon to be 40 years old.  And he IS not getting any younger.  So I think our point IS that it IS only week 3, and that over the past many years, with the exception of ONE year, his production has decreased GREATLY over the last half of the year.  If your purple sun glasses are that shaded that you are blind to the fact that he will be 40 years old and that you don't get BETTER at that point, then nothing I or any Packer fan says will make you realize that we WILL be right about him NO LONGER being amazing.  He IS not the same player that he WAS for the Packers when he WAS a 3 time NFL MVP.  If you truly believe he still IS, then more power to you, but I think you ARE crazy then.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #603 on: September 30, 2009, 10:26:18 PM »

Favre has won more games than anybody for the Packers. Don't crap on him now, guys. He was an AWESOME player. Don't  bash him now. I never hated him when he was a Packer, because I knew how F-ing good he was and how lucky the organization was to have him. I can't hate a guy that is that good. I hated losing to him, but I couldn't hate him because he was so good.

Bold. Underline. Italicized.

I love what Favre did for this franchise. I also HATE what he's done in the playoffs in the last decade.  Don't go blaming his 6 INT playoff meltdown, his poor play in the Packers' first EVER home playoff loss, his overtime duck in Philly, his poor play in the Packers SECOND ever home playoff loss, and his overtime INT to cost us a Super Bowl appearance on everyone else.  Sure, plays could have been made by other players during those games, but aren't we supposed to hold the leader, the legend, the hall of famer, to a higher standard to go above and beyond and pull the team through when those clutch situations are necessary?  I guess not.  

The Vikings did this the wrong way.  If they had done it the right way, it would be a frightening combination.  But Favre didn't show up until the end of August.  Sure, it'll work for the first few cupcakes, but when this team gets to the meat and potatoes of their schedule, you can bet your ass they'll be slowed down.

And as for the playoffs - if the Vikings make it that far - well....

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2623_The_mighty_CHFF_interception_ladder.html

Feel free to call it bitterness against Favre.  I've never had more fun watching another player.  I'm not burning any Favre merchandise.  I look forward to hopefully attending his hall of fame induction.  But his time has passed.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #604 on: September 30, 2009, 10:27:01 PM »
I realize kids have become increasingly more dumb than when I was in school, but you young ladies are trying my patience.  

>Childress is every bit as bad a coach as Tice was - maybe worse. Don't believe me?  Don't worry, it won't take long.  

>As far as the best option for you guys at QB... at this point, it would still be Tarvaris.   eventually Favre will be forced to win a game with his arm, and when teams figure that out, the wheels will fall off the bus.

Really?  This is you dissing the Minnesota Vikings?  Oooh, you won the same amount of playoff games as the Lions!  Get real.  Minnesota has the best team in the NFC North this year (and did last year, as proven by winning the division), hands down.  It's simple.  

Now, hit the books wad's and PXI.  I hope you two can be a fraction of the man I am one day - and that's gonna take a lot of work.  Get BIZ.

pillar queen - you might be hopeless.  Luckily, you enjoy living in hostels and sharing cheap bread with diseased foreign people in foreign lands.  And crappy football teams.
Way to, yet again, ignore my post.  I will copy and paste it on here again.  For the 4th time I will ask the same question.  Maybe you will answer it this time:

"Hey, OLD FART, again, how many Super Bowls do the almighty Vikings have?  NFL REALITY IS EASY, SON...WIN, OR SHUTUP!

Who's Wad's?  Was that message board about your mix tapes all false then?  We can put the screenshots of those up again, if you would like?  They even state that you would like to meet up with some teenage males.  It's kind of...awkward?  Weird?  Or was that a different VaJay Jay Bee?  Who just happened to, by chance, have the exact same email address as you?  Because that is possible?  And what Chris am I supposed to ask?  I know a lot of them.

But I forgot, you write those HILARIOUS clips for whatever AWFUL television show would hire a homosexual pedophile with no commonsense or sense of humor whatsoever.

They're fantastic, keep up the GREAT work, you old fart."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #605 on: September 30, 2009, 10:28:00 PM »

There's only one thing that's correct in this entire post, and it's that you are, indeed, a fraction of a man.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #606 on: September 30, 2009, 10:30:31 PM »
wad's, I'm talking about your dad Chris.  My career is in something far different from anything musical or anything to do with TV/entertainment.  I understand you like me for some of the few of my hobbies that you're aware of, but that doesn't mean that's what I do for a living.  Get a grasp, kiddo.  Some internet 'site' that pops up doesn't mean its reality, young Patti.  There's a pointplankn.com -- think that is what I do for a living?  Tonight when you pray to the Jonas Bros posters above your bed, ask them for some clarity.  It probably won't help you understand how great the Vikings are, but will probably make you and your roomies happy for a short while.  

2002mulaum has it right on - there is nothing the Vikings or Favre could do.  Even if Minnesota win without a loss.. it would be, 'oooh, Peterson did it all.'.  That's why I had to throw out the bet offerings - it's the only way for idiots to really say something.  A few did, but not much.  I'll collect on that.  

PXI - if your tuition is not fully covered already, I'm confident we can get some additional aid your way for the obscene mental defects you have to deal with in life.  Wow.

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #607 on: September 30, 2009, 10:31:55 PM »

That is reality, youngster.  It's obvious you're not into 'rough sports' such as football.. let's talk about this change in your sig.  It used to be 'creative writing'.. now it's 'intensive writing' or something?  Still with the same weird little 'emoticon'..?  Is that what you creative/intensive writing persons call it?  

BAHAHAHAHAHA

That's funny "not a fan of contact sports." Have you ever been invited to a football camp in Florida and had a sit down with the ole ball coach?  

Think of something new to come back with, please.  

Jay Bee where were you when I said that the ViQueen franchise is a failed franchise because they have yet to win a S.B. after their long miserable existence with your "Win or Shut Up?"

Thank you for proving my point.
Marquette University, Spring '08

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #608 on: September 30, 2009, 10:34:08 PM »
wad's, I'm talking about your dad Chris.  My career is in something far different from anything musical or anything to do with TV/entertainment.  I understand you like me for some of the few of my hobbies that you're aware of, but that doesn't mean that's what I do for a living.  Get a grasp, kiddo.  Some internet 'site' that pops up doesn't mean its reality, young Patti.  There's a pointplankn.com -- think that is what I do for a living?  Tonight when you pray to the Jonas Bros posters above your bed, ask them for some clarity.  It probably won't help you understand how great the Vikings are, but will probably make you and your roomies happy for a short while.  

2002mulaum has it right on - there is nothing the Vikings or Favre could do.  Even if Minnesota win without a loss.. it would be, 'oooh, Peterson did it all.'.  That's why I had to throw out the bet offerings - it's the only way for idiots to really say something.  A few did, but not much.  I'll collect on that.  

PXI - if your tuition is not fully covered already, I'm confident we can get some additional aid your way for the obscene mental defects you have to deal with in life.  Wow.

I wasn't sure what you were talking about, so I googled "mental defects", and this is what came up.

Oops.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #609 on: September 30, 2009, 10:39:28 PM »
Here's the thing, when you were talking about why you couldn't hate him while he was on the Packers and how we shouldn't crap on him now, the key word you used A LOT is the word WAS.  No doubt he was UNBELIEVABLE.  He WAS unbelievable.  He IS not unbelievable anymore.  He is, at best, an average quarterback.  As XI said, 95 TDs and 95 turnovers since 2005.  That IS not unbelievable.  He WAS great.  He IS soon to be 40 years old.  And he IS not getting any younger.  So I think our point IS that it IS only week 3, and that over the past many years, with the exception of ONE year, his production has decreased GREATLY over the last half of the year.  If your purple sun glasses are that shaded that you are blind to the fact that he will be 40 years old and that you don't get BETTER at that point, then nothing I or any Packer fan says will make you realize that we WILL be right about him NO LONGER being amazing.  He IS not the same player that he WAS for the Packers when he WAS a 3 time NFL MVP.  If you truly believe he still IS, then more power to you, but I think you ARE crazy then.

You are 100% correct, actually. This is NOT 1996, and Brett is not going to be the MVP.

If you'll look back in this thread, here is what I said (ALMOST 1 MONTH AGO!):

Hey, he's better than anything else the Vikes have.

I'm realistic. Don't confuse me with some whacked out Vikes fan.

Do I expect Brett to be 1995 Brett Favre? (like you said before) Nope.

Do I think he can be effective at 39 years old after missing training camp, having surgery and having his name mentioned on ESPN 100,000 times? Yep, I think he can. There have been several QB's who have been effective into their 40's. Brett is not exactly breaking new ground here.

He's in a good situation where I think he can play well.

We can do all of the pissing and moaning we want, but the proof will be on the field this fall.

If Favre sucks, I'll admit I was wrong, but I expect him to play pretty well. (not MVP numbers, but maybe 20tds and 14 picks depending on how the season goes (injuries, defensive issues, etc.))

I've never said Brett is awesome. I've just said he looks good, and no matter how he looks, you guys are just waiting to knock him down.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #610 on: September 30, 2009, 10:40:40 PM »
That's funny "not a fan of contact sports." Have you ever been invited to a football camp in Florida and had a sit down with the ole ball coach?  

Instead of dwelling on questions which you already know the answer to, let's look at this -- 'not a fan of contact sports'.. where was this said?   Also, are you telling me you were invited to a 'football camp in Florida'?  And then went on to get a creative writing degree at MU?  Well, that certainly makes the invite to visit with 'the ole ball coach' all the more impressive! CONGRATS!  Way to go!  Awesome RAD!  Idiot.

>I wasn't sure what you were talking about, so I googled "mental defects", and this is what came up.

I can help you on a much deeper level.  Just keep asking.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #611 on: September 30, 2009, 10:45:38 PM »

My dad Chris?  Hmm...?  So because your email address came up with the a name on an online forum, to go along with the forum name of "Jay Bee" makes it...not you.  I got it.  Makes perfect sense.

OK 2 very easy questions for you.  Were those posts made by somebody other than you?

How many Super Bowls do the Vikings have?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #612 on: September 30, 2009, 10:46:40 PM »
Bold. Underline. Italicized.

I love what Favre did for this franchise. I also HATE what he's done in the playoffs in the last decade.  Don't go blaming his 6 INT playoff meltdown, his poor play in the Packers' first EVER home playoff loss, his overtime duck in Philly, his poor play in the Packers SECOND ever home playoff loss, and his overtime INT to cost us a Super Bowl appearance on everyone else.  Sure, plays could have been made by other players during those games, but aren't we supposed to hold the leader, the legend, the hall of famer, to a higher standard to go above and beyond and pull the team through when those clutch situations are necessary?  I guess not.  

The Vikings did this the wrong way.  If they had done it the right way, it would be a frightening combination.  But Favre didn't show up until the end of August.  Sure, it'll work for the first few cupcakes, but when this team gets to the meat and potatoes of their schedule, you can bet your ass they'll be slowed down.

And as for the playoffs - if the Vikings make it that far - well....

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2623_The_mighty_CHFF_interception_ladder.html

Feel free to call it bitterness against Favre.  I've never had more fun watching another player.  I'm not burning any Favre merchandise.  I look forward to hopefully attending his hall of fame induction.  But his time has passed.

You bring up some good points, and I know how it can be frustrating to watch him sometimes.

I'm not a Packer fan, and I can tell you that I was never scared of any Packer player other than Favre and Reggie. The Pack have had some nice role players come through town, but I'm really telling you, he was the reason the Pack were in any of those playoff games.

Brett has always been the "slinger", and you guys had to dance with the girl that brought ya. I'm definitely NOT saying he WAS perfect or IS perfect. I'm just saying that even Joe Montana threw INTs. Even Jordan had turnovers, and Babe Ruth struck out... a LOT.

Great players are great... but they aren't perfect.

Oh, also, brett is not perfect off of the field either. He's made a lot of mistakes. He's human. I can live with that.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:48:49 PM by 2002mualum »

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #613 on: September 30, 2009, 10:47:17 PM »
 Instead of dwelling on questions which you already know the answer to, let's look at this -- 'not a fan of contact sports'.. where was this said?   Also, are you telling me you were invited to a 'football camp in Florida'?  And then went on to get a creative writing degree at MU?  Well, that certainly makes the invite to visit with 'the ole ball coach' all the more impressive! CONGRATS!  Way to go!  Awesome RAD!  Idiot.

>I wasn't sure what you were talking about, so I googled "mental defects", and this is what came up.

Help me with what?  I'm a college kid with time on my hands.  I don't want to turn into a middle-aged Vanilla Ice wanna be who spends my free time creating 4th grade quality insults and quarreling with kids half my age about something I know nothing about.

Someone needs help here, and it's certainly not me.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #614 on: September 30, 2009, 10:55:25 PM »
I believe this 100%.

Brett could throw 40 TDs and 2 picks all year, and you guys would still be saying "Wait for the playoffs, he'll suck".

Then, when Brett throws 1 rocket-ball in the playoffs, you'll all rejoice and say "See! See!"

You all claim be using facts and viewing Favre objectively from your own experiences with him. It's bogus. You want to know why his playoff record isn't so great? Because the Packers had some bad teams that he made look great, and those teams were exposed in the playoffs. Troy Aikman has a good playoff record. Hmmm.... I wonder why.

Sorry, not buying.  To believe this, then you have to believe that he was good enough carry them that far into the playoffs, too, but then he just couldn't do it anymore despite getting to the playoffs.  Come on.  

Want to know why Aikman had a good playoff record...he played on a good team AND he didn't turn over the ball.  See Brady.  See Manning.  See any Ben.  DON'T TURNOVER THE BALL

Want to know why Favre doesn't have a good playoff record....he turned the ball over at a clip not seen before.  It's really that simple.  Turnovers kill.

Back to the point, Favre had great talent in the 2007 Super Bowl, but lost.  Favre's team going into the last game of the season in 2002 would have homefield for the entire playoffs if they won the last game....the got crushed by the Jets.  The next week, against a reeling Atlanta Falcons team, three more turnovers by Favre and they get clobbered by Atlanta at Lambeau.  Are you really saying that a 9 win Falcons team that lost 3 of it's final 4 games was a better team than the Packers that year?  20 points better?

Two years ago, Packers have home field, frigid cold, playing the Giants for the NFC title.  Turn the ball over and you lose.  Favre obliges.  That team went 13-3 and was playing at home, a damn good team.

At Philadelphia in the playoffs, game is in OT when the Pack stops the Eagles on a 3 and out.  Pack gets the ball.  First play, Favre throws ball and misses his receiver by 20 yards = interception.  Eagles win a few plays later.

This continued argument about Favre carrying teams just doesn't mesh with reality.  You win games in the NFL by playing turnover free ball, something Favre never quite got.  When he played turnover free ball, his teams won and he was great.  When he didn't, his teams lost.  The talent was there on multiple occasions to go farther, but his key turnovers killed his club (along with other factors...defense played poorly, injuries, etc...no loss is on one player, but the QB is the most important position).

« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 10:57:36 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #615 on: September 30, 2009, 10:56:02 PM »
VaJay Jay, since you're having trouble answering my two VERY simple questions, I'll leave out all other information from this post and ask you my two questions, and I'll even give you a hint as to what the answers could possibly be:

1. How many Lombardi Trophies do the Vikings have?

2. Was that you who made those comments on those forums, under the name "Jay Bee" with the email address "jbbauer612@gmail.com," the same name and email address you have on MUScoop?

Here are your hints:
#1 should be one word.  It is the same answer that you get when you multiply a number, ANY number, by zero.  If the answer to this is too hard for you, PM me and I can help you.
#2 should also be one word.  The two options for this one word would be either "yes" or "no."  Again, if this is too challenging for the old fart that you are, PM me and I can help you.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #616 on: September 30, 2009, 10:56:27 PM »
You bring up some good points, and I know how it can be frustrating to watch him sometimes.

I'm not a Packer fan, and I can tell you that I was never scared of any Packer player other than Favre and Reggie. The Pack have had some nice role players come through town, but I'm really telling you, he was the reason the Pack were in any of those playoff games.

Brett has always been the "slinger", and you guys had to dance with the girl that brought ya. I'm definitely NOT saying he WAS perfect or IS perfect. I'm just saying that even Joe Montana threw INTs. Even Jordan had turnovers, and Babe Ruth struck out... a LOT.

Great players are great... but they aren't perfect.

Understood. And I don't necessarily disagree.  But to say Favre (and, by association, the Vikings) is flirting with danger is an understatement.  He sold himself and the Vikings short by not preparing like he did prior to '07.  No film study. No relationship building with teammates. No NFL-caliber conditioning.  It's dangerous.  And clearly it can work effectively against the likes of the Browns, Lions, and Gore-less 49ers.  But to think that abbreviated style of offense will carry through the entire season and guide the Vikes to the playoffs is a bit of a stretch, in my opinion.  And when Favre is forced to put the ball up more to come from behind against better teams, we'll see what happens.  

I understand the sentiment behind the fact that QBs commit turnovers, just as Jordan committed turnovers and Ruth struck out, but we're talking about the most turnover prone QB in the NFL since 2005.  Not middle of the pack. Not bottom tier.  Dead last.  You guys just better hope that trend doesn't cause the Vikings games in the same manner it did the Jets down the stretch last year.

I'm not saying this situation CAN'T be successful for the Vikings, just that conventional wisdom tells us it's a time bomb waiting to explode.  Who knows though? Favre has bucked conventional wisdom before.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #617 on: September 30, 2009, 11:02:09 PM »
Wad's: "those two posts" - I don't know what you're talking about.  Is this in reference to screen shots you posted awhile back?  No idea, I don't pay much attention to your posts.

PXI: I'm glad you admit you're 'just a college kid with time on my hands'.  I realize you think you're doing well, cheering for the Packers, hating Favre, getting a 3.2 in liberal arts classes, drinking a couple brews at the hot party at Renee Row, etc... and you are.  You're doing great.  Awesome, man.  But, to call someone 'a middle-aged Vanilla Ice wanna be' is fine.. but don't include, 'creating 4th grade quality insults' in the same sentence.  

With respect to Favre, what I have said, time and time again.. is that he's an improvement compared to what we had several weeks ago.  Some CONTINUE, over and over again, to take issue with that.  And it's strange at first.. but quickly it's evident the issue is that those taking issue simply have it out for their former hero.  

Are any of you little freaks gunna burn your Favre jerseys like so many Packers fans will on Monday?  Why not?  I'm sure your cute little Erin Rodgers jerseys look better.  What is not to love about a 6-10 record, except for the fact that it sucks?

Wad's
1) The answer is readily available.  Why do you keep asking me? 
2) I don't think there was anything posted under a user name of Jay Bee.  You're apparently making things up again.  I'll pass on sending you a private message, unless your mom will be using your account tonight. 

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #618 on: September 30, 2009, 11:03:27 PM »

You don't fail to astonish
Marquette University, Spring '08

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #619 on: September 30, 2009, 11:05:29 PM »
Wad's: "those two posts" - I don't know what you're talking about.  Is this in reference to screen shots you posted awhile back?  No idea, I don't pay much attention to your posts.

PXI: I'm glad you admit you're 'just a college kid with time on my hands'.  I realize you think you're doing well, cheering for the Packers, hating Favre, getting a 3.2 in liberal arts classes, drinking a couple brews at the hot party at Renee Row, etc... and you are.  You're doing great.  Awesome, man.  But, to call someone 'a middle-aged Vanilla Ice wanna be' is fine.. but don't include, 'creating 4th grade quality insults' in the same sentence.  

With respect to Favre, what I have said, time and time again.. is that he's an improvement compared to what we had several weeks ago.  Some CONTINUE, over and over again, to take issue with that.  And it's strange at first.. but quickly it's evident the issue is that those taking issue simply have it out for their former hero.  

Are any of you little freaks gunna burn your Favre jerseys like so many Packers fans will on Monday?  Why not?  I'm sure your cute little Erin Rodgers jerseys look better.  What is not to love about a 6-10 record, except for the fact that it sucks?

Wad's
1) The answer is readily available.  Why do you keep asking me? 
2) I don't think there was anything posted under a user name of Jay Bee.  You're apparently making things up again.  I'll pass on sending you a private message, unless your mom will be using your account tonight. 

Not creating fourth grade quality insults.

Inclusion of a "your mom" joke.

Check.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #620 on: September 30, 2009, 11:09:10 PM »
I vote this thread for most ridiculous thread in the history of MUScoop. It is even more comical when you realize that neither the Vikings nor the Packers will win the division.  :D

PS Wades World... Where does VaJay Jay come from? I thinking I'm missing some "pop culture" reference.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #621 on: September 30, 2009, 11:10:43 PM »
I vote this thread for most ridiculous thread in the history of MUScoop. It is even more comical when you realize that neither the Vikings nor the Packers will win the division.  :D

PS Wades World... Where does VaJay Jay come from? I thinking I'm missing some "pop culture" reference.

Think slang for part of the female anatomy.  Fits, doesn't it?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #622 on: September 30, 2009, 11:18:48 PM »
Sorry, not buying.  To believe this, then you have to believe that he was good enough carry them that far into the playoffs, too, but then he just couldn't do it anymore despite getting to the playoffs.  Come on.  

Want to know why Aikman had a good playoff record...he played on a good team AND he didn't turn over the ball.  See Brady.  See Manning.  See any Ben.  DON'T TURNOVER THE BALL

Want to know why Favre doesn't have a good playoff record....he turned the ball over at a clip not seen before.  It's really that simple.  Turnovers kill.

Back to the point, Favre had great talent in the 2007 Super Bowl, but lost.  Favre's team going into the last game of the season in 2002 would have homefield for the entire playoffs if they won the last game....the got crushed by the Jets.  The next week, against a reeling Atlanta Falcons team, three more turnovers by Favre and they get clobbered by Atlanta at Lambeau.  Are you really saying that a 9 win Falcons team that lost 3 of it's final 4 games was a better team than the Packers that year?  20 points better?

Two years ago, Packers have home field, frigid cold, playing the Giants for the NFC title.  Turn the ball over and you lose.  Favre obliges.  That team went 13-3 and was playing at home, a damn good team.

At Philadelphia in the playoffs, game is in OT when the Pack stops the Eagles on a 3 and out.  Pack gets the ball.  First play, Favre throws ball and misses his receiver by 20 yards = interception.  Eagles win a few plays later.

This continued argument about Favre carrying teams just doesn't mesh with reality.  You win games in the NFL by playing turnover free ball, something Favre never quite got.  When he played turnover free ball, his teams won and he was great.  When he didn't, his teams lost.  The talent was there on multiple occasions to go farther, but his key turnovers killed his club (along with other factors...defense played poorly, injuries, etc...no loss is on one player, but the QB is the most important position).

Do you think Favre could have won superbowls if he played on Dallas?

I'm never going to say Brett was perfect. I'm just saying that I don't think those teams were that great. I saw them play, a lot and they have had very few great players to go along with Brett.

Dallas had 3 or 4 hall of famers on their teams.

New England won early on with Brady and some good role players, but now they have Moss, and maybe the best front office in all of sports.

Pittsburgh did it without superstars, but still has a lot of talent.

Montana had rice.

Elway didn't win until he had TO and a dominant defense.

Marino had Duper and Clayton early in his career, and not much else (Irving Fryer?)

The Packer team that lost in 2007 lost to the eventual superbowl champs. I'm not saying Brett played well, but give the giants some credit, they were a good team. Also, Tynes missed 2 FG that could have won it for the Giants, so really the Packers should have never been in OT.

Against the Eagles, the defense blew a 4th and 26.

Again, I'm not trying to say that Favre is/was perfect... but don't act like he wasn't GREAT for all of those years. The Packers never would have been in those playoff games without him.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 11:22:47 PM by 2002mualum »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #623 on: September 30, 2009, 11:19:16 PM »
And this notion of Favre haters, I don't get that either.  I don't know anyone that truly hates Favre, I certainly don't.  Conversely, there are many of us that don't give the worship and adulation, but that's another story.

Favre has great statistics, but he's like the guy who leads the league in scoring because he chucked up 40 shots a game.

It shouldn't be lost on people that Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Brett Favre, Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon, Drew Bledsoe, Vinny Testaverde, Peyton Manning are all top ten in passing yards and have a grand total of 2 Super Bowl ring (thank you Desmond Howard).

The only top ten passers that won multiple Super Bowls?  John Elway, but only after he matured enough not to throw the ball all over the yard and Joe Montana (#10). 

Stats are great, but they rarely mean getting the most important of wins. 

Give me wins, give me ball control, give me a QB that gets it that turnovers are killers and has to be smart with the ball.  This is why Romo drives me insane, he's mini-Favre which means he puts up great numbers but will never be a true winning QB.  He already owns a ton of Cowboys records despite Aikman and Staubach playing there, yet those other two without the records have all the rings.  Danny White and Romo own many of the individual passing records and zero hardware. 

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #624 on: September 30, 2009, 11:23:56 PM »
And this notion of Favre haters, I don't get that either.  I don't know anyone that truly hates Favre, I certainly don't.  Conversely, there are many of us that don't give the worship and adulation, but that's another story.

Favre has great statistics, but he's like the guy who leads the league in scoring because he chucked up 40 shots a game.

It shouldn't be lost on people that Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Brett Favre, Fran Tarkenton, Warren Moon, Drew Bledsoe, Vinny Testaverde, Peyton Manning are all top ten in passing yards and have a grand total of 2 Super Bowl ring (thank you Desmond Howard).

The only top ten passers that won multiple Super Bowls?  John Elway, but only after he matured enough not to throw the ball all over the yard and Joe Montana (#10). 

Stats are great, but they rarely mean getting the most important of wins. 

Give me wins, give me ball control, give me a QB that gets it that turnovers are killers and has to be smart with the ball.  This is why Romo drives me insane, he's mini-Favre which means he puts up great numbers but will never be a true winning QB.  He already owns a ton of Cowboys records despite Aikman and Staubach playing there, yet those other two without the records have all the rings.  Danny White and Romo own many of the individual passing records and zero hardware. 

Hmmm.. I know a quarterback who's showing a tendency to play like that...

Anyways, co-sign on everything.  I'll never back down on the fact that Favre will be my favorite player ever when all is said and done - both because of his ability and because I watched him at the time in a kid's life where sports stars are larger than life.  Within the last five years, I've grown more into a fan of the entire sport and started doing research and learning.  What did I learn? For my money, give me Starr as not only the best Packers QB of all time, but as the best QB ever, period, followed closely by Montana.