collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North Pissing Match  (Read 114792 times)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: NFC North Pissing Match
« Reply #500 on: September 14, 2009, 05:17:55 PM »
I don't disagree, but lets be real here... The Vikes are way ahead in shady players.

Yep, you got me.

The Vikes have way more shady players and the Packers are the perfect organization that every team should model itself after.

Brett Favre was addicted to painkillers and a notorious womanizer when he was winning all of those games in the 90's

Now, it doesn't outrage me that the team turned a blind eye (most/all teams do), but to pretend like the Packers are somehow more moral than other teams is naive and hypocritical. They had less "shady players", so they are better? It can't work like that.

Let's just be honest and say that every team has some character issues. Sometimes we hear about them, sometimes not.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #501 on: September 14, 2009, 05:30:17 PM »
I don't disagree, but lets be real here... The Vikes are way ahead in shady players.

That was back in the Tice era.  Now we have Zygi and Chilly who would never take a player of questionable character.  I hope Percy celebrated his touchdown with a phat a$$ blunt.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #502 on: September 14, 2009, 06:02:19 PM »

Yep, you got me.

The Vikes have way more shady players and the Packers are the perfect organization that every team should model itself after.

Brett Favre was addicted to painkillers and a notorious womanizer when he was winning all of those games in the 90's

Now, it doesn't outrage me that the team turned a blind eye (most/all teams do), but to pretend like the Packers are somehow more moral than other teams is naive and hypocritical. They had less "shady players", so they are better? It can't work like that.

Let's just be honest and say that every team has some character issues. Sometimes we hear about them, sometimes not.

I'm not trying to 'get you' I just think you are trying to weasel out of admitting what is the truth, which is that the Vikings have historically had more shady players than the Packers.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #503 on: September 14, 2009, 06:10:03 PM »

Yep, you got me.

You're right to a large extent.  I can tell you they are just like every other team in that there are some guys on there that are bad eggs.  The difference is that the Packers are protected by the local and state wide media, especially when they are winning.  People will probably get pissed off at me at about that statement, but it's very true and plenty of people will confirm that from the NFL (off the record of course).  That's not the case for a large market team where someone is hanging their hat in the newsroom on their ability to bring down the organization and they're gunning for you all the time.

A lot of blinders in the Wisconsin media when it comes to the Packers which is why it's rare when anything bad hits the news.  I could tell you some real doozies that rival anything that the players on the Cowboys, Raiders, Giants or Bears ever did.  People don't become less criminal or less stupid because they live in a smaller town, but those that enforce the laws or report on them are much more willing to folks a pass.   No different than what happens at many college towns around this country where the only game in town is the local college athletic department and any local news media that dares to tell the whole story will soon find no access at all.  The way it works in Mayberry.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #504 on: September 14, 2009, 07:20:47 PM »
I'm not trying to 'get you' I just think you are trying to weasel out of admitting what is the truth, which is that the Vikings have historically had more shady players than the Packers.

This is like arguing who is the top turd on the dungpile.  I remember the mid 80s when the Packers had the likes of Mossy Cade.

Let me put it this way...many NFL players are shady...many are never in the headlines....all NFL teams have them.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #505 on: September 14, 2009, 07:48:18 PM »

This is like arguing who is the top turd on the dungpile.  I remember the mid 80s when the Packers had the likes of Mossy Cade.

Let me put it this way...many NFL players are shady...many are never in the headlines....all NFL teams have them.

Agree 100%.

Every team has some shady players. I'm not sure that the average fan is in a position to judge the degree and volume of shadiness of each team.

Hards Alumni, the Packers are a very good organization. I would never say they weren't. But, let's not pretend that the Packers are holier than the Vikes (or any other team).

The Vikings RELEASED Koren Robinson because of his high speed chase. The Packers signed him shortly after. I think it's a nice story that Koren didn't appear to get into trouble in GB... but let's not pretend the Packers were on some sort of charity mission. Ted thought Koren could still play football, so he overlooked his legal issues and brought him in.

Tony Mandarich was an alcoholic and addicted to painkillers. But, he was cut for his performance, not for the drug use. Again, I don't blame the Packers one bit, as this is common for a lot of teams. But, let's not pretend that the Packers don't look the other way on some other their players "shadiness".

Oh, and just for balance, I certainly admit that the Vikes have had their share of idiots. Including Keith Millard, who crashed his Corvette into a Hardees at 1am and then fled the scene.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 07:52:51 PM by 2002mualum »

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
« Reply #506 on: September 14, 2009, 07:52:56 PM »

This is like arguing who is the top turd on the dungpile.  I remember the mid 80s when the Packers had the likes of Mossy Cade.

Is the staircase still there? (or was that the other guy who had sex with one of his female relatives?)
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #507 on: September 14, 2009, 09:21:46 PM »
Charles Grant and Will Smith serving suspension and Vikings not? 

That's a friendly state law "explain your positive." 
JayBee must be lovin that little nugget.

In fact I'm thinking of moving to 'Sota and accidentally take HGH and get Tommy Johns and I'll be in the Majors in two summers (But then again I'd have to live in 'Sota for a couple of years, not willing to do that).

Just to circle back on this nonsense of 'Charles Grant and Will Smith serving suspension and Vikings not' b.s.... and by the way, I am fine with 'play by the rules or suffer the consequences', but geez.. the freaking label excluded the banned ingredient... I believe the Williams bros -- they did not knowingly take a banned substance.. but, I do wish it would get resolved one way or the other... and not when the playoffs are here.  We already know our quarterback will be out by that time in the season, would be unfortunate to be missing our DTs as well:

The NFL has yet to make an announcement regarding the ability of Saints ends Will Smith and Charles Grant to play next week, but for now the team is proceeding as if they can, according to sources. The league could make a ruling Tuesday regarding their status, which has come into question.

Grant and Smith, as well as Vikings defensive tackles Kevin Williams and Pat Williams, were issued four-game suspensions for using a banned diuretic, but a Minnesota state court ruling has allowed the Vikings players to play to this point, and a final ruling from that state court is not expected until the end of the season.

Last week, the NFL ruled Grant and Smith could still play while a federal court ruling regarding the Vikings’ players was still pending, and that decision ultimately came down in favor of players.

The Saints have heard nothing new from the league this week, as of Monday night, according to sources.

The coaches and scouts were told at a staff meeting Monday that there have been no updates from the league and they should assume both are playing until told otherwise. However, word could come as soon as Tuesday

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #508 on: September 16, 2009, 03:00:22 PM »

This is like arguing who is the top turd on the dungpile.  I remember the mid 80s when the Packers had the likes of Mossy Cade.

Speaking of the top Packer on the dung pile.....What ever happened to Najeh Davenport?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2002/07/08/davenport_ap/

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #509 on: September 16, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »
Dumps?

He played for the Steelers after the Packers.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #510 on: September 16, 2009, 03:49:30 PM »
Hah... Dookie.  He played in a couple games for the Colts last year... last I heard about him was I think just a few months ago ... he left his car running and unlocked... some guy jumped in and started driving it down the street, running into several cars.

Not surprising that Najeh was drafted by the Packers -- another criminal that has been charged with a felony.
Green Bey was undoubtedly impressed by Mr. Davenport's breaking into a chick's dorm room and taking a dump in a laundry basket, which is a favorite pasttime of people born in Wisconsin.

The Jets and Eric ManginA were fined $125k by the NFL today for not reporting Favre's injury last year, which was clearly the only reason the current QB for the Consensus had a rough end to the 2008 season.  

The lovefest between Favre and Peterson is strong: "I mean no disrespect to any running back, whether I played with him or didn't," Favre said during a conference call with Detroit area reporters. "He's in the early stages of his career and barring any injuries or anything, this guy can be as good as any running back that's every played.  I've seen it first hand, either playing against him but more so playing with him here the last few weeks.  It's just unbelievable what he can do."

Exciting times.  Vikings and the Pakers are two of the most heavily favorite teams for this coming weekend.. there are a ton of 3-point spreads this Sunday.  I'd enjoy a meeting of two 3-0 teams on October 5.  We should be able to hold up our end of the bargain.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 03:51:22 PM by Jay Bee »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #511 on: September 20, 2009, 03:23:06 PM »
The Consensus stands alone atop the NFC North, with 8 home games still remaining. 

Cincinnati struggles to score 7 points at home a week ago.  This week they travel to Wesconsin and have to deal with an incredible new defense.  No wonder they were only able to explode for 31 points en route to a victory. 

Pretty good o-line you got there in Green Bey.  Definitely 'offensive'.  I'd enjoy replays of Ochocinco's Lambeau leap, but the classy fans of the UP couldn't pass on throwing up their middle finger. 

Luckily the Consensus Vikings won.  That old guy was only able to complete 85% of his passes, but somehow we managed to win easily.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #512 on: September 20, 2009, 03:35:37 PM »
The Consensus stands alone atop the NFC North, with 8 home games still remaining. 

Cincinnati struggles to score 7 points at home a week ago.  This week they travel to Wesconsin and have to deal with an incredible new defense.  No wonder they were only able to explode for 31 points en route to a victory. 

Pretty good o-line you got there in Green Bey.  Definitely 'offensive'.  I'd enjoy replays of Ochocinco's Lambeau leap, but the classy fans of the UP couldn't pass on throwing up their middle finger. 

Luckily the Consensus Vikings won.  That old guy was only able to complete 85% of his passes, but somehow we managed to win easily.

So the guy who called out the creator of the AL Central Pissing match for doing it while they were on top pulls the same stuff here?  Awesome. 

If you guys were able to play the Browns and Lions every week, you might be the best team in NFL history.  Playing two teams with a combined 4 wins last year in the first 2 games will make a lot of teams look good. I wonder why you didn't post at half, when you were losing to the worst team of all time?  Didn't want to get all that armpit sweat all over the keyboard, I'd imagine.

This happens, tough loss for GB, but take care of business next week and we can take over the division by controlling our own destiny week 4. 

Oh, and as for old #4.... looks like I'd typically expect for this time of year.  Legs are fresh, arm looks good.  Congrats on surpassing Marshall's record.  Now give him 6 or 7 more weeks of wear and tear on the body, and force him to win a game or two, and we'll see how much bounce Jay-Beezy has left in his step.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #513 on: September 20, 2009, 04:10:12 PM »

Sh!t, the Vikings are atop the division after 2 weeks of football in which they've played the Lions and the Browns and were trailing at halftime of both games.  You guys REALLY look dominant.  VaJay Jay, could you write a song about it for me please?!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #514 on: September 20, 2009, 04:12:29 PM »
So the guy who called out the creator of the AL Central Pissing match for doing it while they were on top pulls the same stuff here?  Awesome. 

Youngster, completely different.  I have been saying the Vikings are the best all along - nothing new here.  Get a clue.  

So what is it?  All Favre has to do is handoff to AD?  Or Favre is our savior and he'll get worn out as the season goes on and then we have absolutely no chance?  Hah.. you're nuts, not only for your thoughts on the Vikings, but also your major(s) in school.  

Wad's world - we just won two road games.  The a$$ Packers lost at home to a pitiful Cincinnati squad; Chicago looks lost; Detroit is Detroit.  Both games we have given time to Tarvaris Jackson - so whimper about halftime scores all you want, but it's meaningless. 

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #515 on: September 20, 2009, 07:52:27 PM »
The Packers were awful today, and certainly weren't impressive in beating the Bears last week. If they can't get the pass blocking and run defense figured out, it could be a long season.

As for the division, not much to say right now. At this point, everybody's looking up at the Vikings.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #516 on: September 21, 2009, 07:34:52 AM »
Vikes have looked pretty good the first 2 games.

Road wins are always valuable, regardless of who they are against.

Brett has been exactly what they wanted (confident, efficient, and providing some offensive balance). The"schism" in the locker room is gone because they are winning. As long as they win, everybody will love each other.

We'll see if Brett can stay healthy and this conservative for the whole year. I'll say yes, but I realize that it's not a sure thing.

Pack didn't look good in either game, but they should be able to adjust the game plan to cover up some holes in the offensive line. I still think they are a good team.

Bears didn't look good in either game, but going 1-1 is a good start considering who they played. We'll see how the loss of urlacher effects the team long term.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #517 on: September 21, 2009, 07:51:08 AM »
As many have talked about before the season started...it didn't take long for injuries to become a factor. Bears have lost Urlacher...Packers are down both safeties, a Left tackle. Urlacher's injury is likely to be devastating to the Bears. The Packers' injuries don't appear quite as serious/long-term, but if they are at all significant, they're probably done too.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #518 on: September 21, 2009, 08:37:51 AM »
As many have talked about before the season started...it didn't take long for injuries to become a factor. Bears have lost Urlacher...Packers are down both safeties, a Left tackle. Urlacher's injury is likely to be devastating to the Bears. The Packers' injuries don't appear quite as serious/long-term, but if they are at all significant, they're probably done too.

Brian Urlacher is the most overrated LB in NFL History.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #519 on: September 21, 2009, 09:02:29 AM »
The Packers were awful today, and certainly weren't impressive in beating the Bears last week. If they can't get the pass blocking and run defense figured out, it could be a long season.

As for the division, not much to say right now. At this point, everybody's looking up at the Vikings.

I was listening to LeRoy Butler today, who IMO is one of the smartest football players I have seen, and he went on and on about how poorly the defense was schemed for that game.  It was about a 15 minute rant.  He then said, "I don't think we need to talk about the offensive line, because we all know they sucked."

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #520 on: September 21, 2009, 10:31:35 AM »
Brian Urlacher is the most overrated LB in NFL History.

Perhaps, but that doesn't make him bad, nor does it mean its not a huge blow to the Bears' defense.

LON

• All American
« Reply #521 on: September 21, 2009, 10:48:50 AM »
McCarthy was just flat-out schooled by Marvin Lewis yesterday, and if Jennings puts up a goose egg again this year I'll eat my pants.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #522 on: September 21, 2009, 11:47:42 AM »
The loss of Urlacher hurts, but is far from devastating. As mentioned before, and pointed out by others, Urlacher is on the downside of his career. If anything, it hurts most in defensive play calls and audibles. Urlacher's strength these days is pass coverage due to his speed, but I don't think his loss is as big as people are making it out to be.

We haven't learned too much about the North yet. Vikings should beat the Lions and Browns, I expected the Bears to be 1-1 at this point, and the Bengals beating the Pack surprised me, but didn't shock me. Lots of football left to be played.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #523 on: September 27, 2009, 03:22:15 PM »
V-I-K-I-N-G-S, SKOL VIKINGS, LET'S GO!!!

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #524 on: September 27, 2009, 03:58:41 PM »
Hats off to the old man. Heck of a catch by Lewis on the other end. Still hate the Vikings. Monday should be fun.

feedback