[May 10, 2024, 09:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 10, 2024, 08:12:15 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MUbiz
[May 10, 2024, 03:33:49 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by LloydsLegs
[May 10, 2024, 03:08:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North Pissing Match  (Read 114729 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: NFC North Pissing Match
« Reply #350 on: September 10, 2009, 10:15:14 AM »
How has the state of Wisconsin melted down? There are exceptions to be sure, but I would say in general the reaction has truly been somewhere between apathy and pity.

No, that has not been the general reaction.  It's been crazy and emotional for Packers people.  It's been bizarre.  The claim that Favre is playing with the Vikings primarily to 'stick it to the Packers and Thompson' is stupid.  You treated Favre with class when he himself was not classy.  Now that he's matured and bettered himself, you treat him without class.  

Go to jsonline and see the millions of user-submitted photoshops, etc. of Favre.    Sickening, although some of them are funny.  

I flat out wear a Koren Robinson Vikings jersey.  I didn't burn it after we kicked him off the team for going on a wild police chase while hammered and Green Bey signed him.    

You kids were good at finding some poor 'sports writers' who picked Checago and Green Bey, ... can't you find a few betting opportunities where one of those teams is the favorite in the NFC North?  Why not?  Consensus.  
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #351 on: September 10, 2009, 12:40:09 PM »
I kind of like Bill Simmons Prediction, although more humorous than fact, it definitely made me giggle.

(Check out #13, Prediction III and Prediction X)

ESPN Page 2
Bill Simmons: The NFL enters the Tyson Zone
First Published on ESPN September 10, 2009

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090910

As to the Favre scenario there are about 3 different camps-probably more, but 3 major ones.

1. Packer fans who now HATE their former idol.
2. Packer fans who remember what Favre did in Green Bay but are apathetic on what he does now as they are excited about the team and Aaron Rodgers.
3. Packer fans who are now more Favre fans and would cheer for the Packers except when playing FAVRE--I say Favre in that they will not cheer for the Vikings, but for a player on their team and hope that he dominates.

I think Wades is right in that most fall into the 2nd category with apathy toward where Favre is now.  But you cannot discredit him what he did for the Packers.  He resurrected a once dominant team from obscurity.  I'm sorry Magic Man but I remember the day you got injured and Favre came in the second half-great stuff.

The extremes I believe are warrented, although absurd.  
In the two camps, you have one that believes Favre wronged the franchise in his waffling and one that believes the franchise booted him out of town--both would be somewhat correct (if I am not mistaken).

If after the first retirement Favre came back, joined the team during training camp and fought for the QB position-there would be no hard feelings.  He was coming off a 13-3 record.  There should have been a little understanding for the man that put his health on the line for the team (i.e. pain killer addiction) and franchise during his previous time for the Packers.  Perhaps the man was owed that.

But the team wanted to move forward and were sick of the back and forth-do I retire or don't I-with Favre as a 1st round draft pick was waiting, patiently.  

I don't think you can call out a Packer fan that dislikes Favre nor one that worships him still.  It all comes down to the specific scenario, and as fans we probably aren't privy to the details so different judgments are made.

The Reggie White point is nowhere close to the Favre Saga.

And at the core of it, Favre still wants to play and that is his number one goal.  He wouldn't be a competitor if he didn't want to stick it to the Packers when they play each other.  I mean who doesn't want to stick it to the guy or business that said, "nah, you're not good enough.  I'll pass."  I hope Favre tries to stick it to the Packers and brings the best he gots...

Edit: and fails, miserably
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 12:42:18 PM by pillardean »
Marquette University, Spring '08

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #352 on: September 10, 2009, 12:53:25 PM »
 No, that has not been the general reaction.  It's been crazy and emotional for Packers people.  It's been bizarre.  The claim that Favre is playing with the Vikings primarily to 'stick it to the Packers and Thompson' is stupid.  You treated Favre with class when he himself was not classy.  Now that he's matured and bettered himself, you treat him without class.  

My sense is that Packer fans cared much more last year about Favre and have basically moved on.  Yeah, there are some kooks out there on the extreme, but most Packer fans are Packer fans.

I first thought he would be booed when he comes to Lambeau this year...but I'm actually beginning to think that the reaction will be more mixed.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #353 on: September 10, 2009, 03:08:10 PM »
Vikings Struggling to Sell-Out Opener

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S1123184.shtml?cat=206

"The Vikings say at least 1,000 tickets remain for every home game this season, meaning TV viewers could be out of luck.

Despite Brett Favre's arrival and the ticket sales spike that came with it, without a complete sell out for each game, fans won't be able to sit home on the couch and watch their favorite team.

Since the Favre sales spikes, ticket sales have slowed down, and nearly 2,000 tickets remain for the team's regular season home opener against the San Francisco 49ers."

One of the best teams in football...a new quarterback generating some buzz...and they are 2,000 short of a sell-out???

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #354 on: September 10, 2009, 03:17:46 PM »

One of the best teams in football...a new quarterback generating some buzz...and they are 2,000 short of a sell-out???

Who would want to see some over the hill fruitcake of a QB?  "It's the economy, stupid."  This is not going to be a unique situation to Minnesota this season.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-08-31-nfl-tickets_N.htm
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 03:19:42 PM by Jay Bee »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #355 on: September 10, 2009, 03:20:59 PM »
 Who would want to see some over the hill fruitcake of a QB?  "It's the economy, stupid."  This is not going to be a unique situation to Minnesota this season.

The Wisconsin economy must be extremely robust then because this problem doesn't exist in many places.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #356 on: September 10, 2009, 03:27:20 PM »

Its because unlike Wisconsin, there is so much to do in Minnesota. They cannot even find 64,000 out of 5.2Million who aren't busy that day.

LON

• All American
« Reply #357 on: September 10, 2009, 03:31:56 PM »

Yeah, the economy is at fault if you mean, the corporate sponsors that have been bailing out the Vikings for 115 games can no longer afford it...

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #358 on: September 10, 2009, 03:38:42 PM »
Vikings Struggling to Sell-Out Opener

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S1123184.shtml?cat=206

"The Vikings say at least 1,000 tickets remain for every home game this season, meaning TV viewers could be out of luck.

Despite Brett Favre's arrival and the ticket sales spike that came with it, without a complete sell out for each game, fans won't be able to sit home on the couch and watch their favorite team.

Since the Favre sales spikes, ticket sales have slowed down, and nearly 2,000 tickets remain for the team's regular season home opener against the San Francisco 49ers."

This does suck, but I bet that game sells out without corporate help.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #359 on: September 10, 2009, 03:40:50 PM »
Ladies... our home opener is more than two weeks away - I'm not sweating it.  115 in a row and going STRONG!  Green Bey is sold out because their fans are freaking nutty and there is nothing else to do in the province of Wisconsin until MU basketball starts up.  

There is zero doubt that the economy is impacting ticket sales.  This year there will be more blackouts than usual in the NFL - very likely, Minnesota will have zero, consistent with the past many years.  

But, luckily those Packers fans have over half of the Vikings games being broadcast in Green Bey this year to help them deal with their obsession of Favre... no blackouts there.  I'm sure DirectTV has gotten increased business this year due to Packers people wanting to see all games Brett plays in this year (16 regular season games).

We dropped Bobby Wade today.  I hope Berrian is reasonably healthy.  
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 03:42:38 PM by Jay Bee »

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #360 on: September 10, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »

Not a big loss, guy is a fumble machine.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #361 on: September 10, 2009, 05:03:15 PM »
Ladies... our  there is nothing else to do in the province of Wisconsin until MU basketball starts up.  

I'm sorry that just makes me laugh.  What would you call Minnesota?  Wilderness? no, too honorary.  Wait...baren land of deprivation.  

There is zero doubt that the economy is impacting ticket sales.  

Hmm...I doubt it.  If, for some awful reason, I were ever to love an 0-4 team in Superbowls I would never go to that crap heap of a Metrodome and watch a football game. I'd probably end up at the local tavern and raise a $60 bar tab before halftime.

Hurry up new stadium!!!!

Right, another characterless stadium for the characterless Twin Cities.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #362 on: September 10, 2009, 05:50:03 PM »
   I didn't burn it after we kicked him off the team for going on a wild police chase while hammered and Green Bey signed him.   

ladies... our home opener is more than two weeks away - I'm not sweating it.

We dropped Bobby Wade today.  I hope Berrian is reasonably healthy. 

Are you on the team, or do you work in the front office?

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #363 on: September 10, 2009, 06:25:15 PM »
Its because unlike Wisconsin, there is so much to do in Minnesota. They cannot even find 64,000 out of 5.2Million who aren't busy that day.

Subtle, well-placed jab.  Deserves a second look.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #364 on: September 10, 2009, 06:38:51 PM »
I'm sorry that just makes me laugh.  What would you call Minnesota?  Wilderness? no, too honorary.  Wait...baren land of deprivation.  

Hmm...I doubt it.  If, for some awful reason, I were ever to love an 0-4 team in Superbowls I would never go to that crap heap of a Metrodome and watch a football game. I'd probably end up at the local tavern and raise a $60 bar tab before halftime.

Hurry up new stadium!!!!

Right, another characterless stadium for the characterless Twin Cities.

I'm curious, of the Vikings 4 Super Bowls, were they favored to win any of them?  I know the Packers were favored to win all of theirs, but lost to Denver.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #365 on: September 10, 2009, 07:01:04 PM »
Ladies... our home opener is more than two weeks away - I'm not sweating it.  115 in a row and going STRONG!  Green Bey is sold out because their fans are freaking nutty and there is nothing else to do in the province of Wisconsin until MU basketball starts up.  

There is zero doubt that the economy is impacting ticket sales.  This year there will be more blackouts than usual in the NFL - very likely, Minnesota will have zero, consistent with the past many years.  

But, luckily those Packers fans have over half of the Vikings games being broadcast in Green Bey this year to help them deal with their obsession of Favre... no blackouts there.  I'm sure DirectTV has gotten increased business this year due to Packers people wanting to see all games Brett plays in this year (16 regular season games).

Could you send me some more beatz, brah?!  Maybe if they have you DJing something at halftime, they will sell out the rest of their tickets!  Just announce it now!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #366 on: September 10, 2009, 07:03:03 PM »
I'm curious, of the Vikings 4 Super Bowls, were they favored to win any of them?  I know the Packers were favored to win all of theirs, but lost to Denver.

what is curious is you are willing to spend hours looking for some things, but not others.

I'm glad that PXI is done explaining a simple situation to 2k2, now we won't have to listen to him try to rationalize everything, and analyze every detail, and change his argument to fit the new evidence presented before him... adios buddy!

as for Jay, get me a bottle of what you are on buddy.

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #367 on: September 10, 2009, 07:19:53 PM »

Doesn't matter who's favored. 

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #368 on: September 10, 2009, 07:21:49 PM »
Another one of Jay Bee's dope videos has been discovered...he appears :50 in...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DUyFEWSD0Sk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DUyFEWSD0Sk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Reresentn' the MPLS y'all!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #369 on: September 10, 2009, 07:52:50 PM »
Another one of Jay Bee's dope videos has been discovered...he appears :50 in...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DUyFEWSD0Sk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DUyFEWSD0Sk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Reresentn' the MPLS y'all!
HAHA!  Stuff's better than what I've heard of his...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #370 on: September 10, 2009, 07:55:09 PM »
what is curious is you are willing to spend hours looking for some things, but not others.

I'm glad that PXI is done explaining a simple situation to 2k2, now we won't have to listen to him try to rationalize everything, and analyze every detail, and change his argument to fit the new evidence presented before him... adios buddy!

Me? Or 2002?  I'm not going anywhere... haha..

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #371 on: September 10, 2009, 10:43:16 PM »

Why the hate, dude?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #372 on: September 11, 2009, 08:16:25 AM »
because of the title... and you are defending Jay, and you are a Vikings fan...

need I continue? :)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #373 on: September 11, 2009, 08:25:48 AM »

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/superbowl/history/

Vikings favored by 12 over Chiefs
Dolphins favored by 6.5 over Vikings
Steelers favored by 3 over Vikings
Raiders favored by 4 over Vikings

The Chiefs victory in Super Bowl IV ranks as a tie for the third greatest upset ever behind the Jets over the Colts and the Patriots over the Rams.  It is tied with the Giants over the Patriots.  (To be fair, the Broncos victory over the Packers ranks just behind this.)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #374 on: September 11, 2009, 08:45:35 AM »
because of the title... and you are defending Jay, and you are a Vikings fan...

need I continue? :)

Nah, that's cool. I like the pissing match stuff, I just want this to turn into personal attacks. I'll leave that to JB. If I'm looking for somebody to bitch at me personally, I won't be using this forum.

feedback