collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North Pissing Match  (Read 114774 times)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: NFC North Pissing Match
« Reply #300 on: September 08, 2009, 02:44:46 PM »
I agree, it's fun to have some original burns every now and then though.

I'm all for it.

Bring on the originality. It's has to better than some of the crap that is usually thrown out there.

How about: Packer fans are such big hicks, that the Parckers are the only team in the league to officially use blaze orange as an alternate logo color.

"We've got Pack tickets this weekend. Time for me and the Mrs. to go get a new set of blaze orange coveralls from and wear my new cheesehead, der hey, buddy."

Not really original, but a little different than "Pack fans are fat and like cheese".

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #301 on: September 08, 2009, 02:48:30 PM »
der hey, buddy."
Umm isn't that Minnesooooohhhhhhdah where they talk like that?  "Hey der, we are goooooohhhhhhin to da game."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #302 on: September 08, 2009, 02:53:28 PM »
and I am not sure if people in Iowa even have cars.  

Hence... Idiots Out Walking Around
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

LON

• All American
« Reply #303 on: September 08, 2009, 02:56:56 PM »
I'm all for it.

Bring on the originality. It's has to better than some of the crap that is usually thrown out there.

How about: Packer fans are such big hicks, that the Parckers are the only team in the league to officially use blaze orange as an alternate logo color.

"We've got Pack tickets this weekend. Time for me and the Mrs. to go get a new set of blaze orange coveralls from and wear my new cheesehead, der hey, buddy."

Not really original, but a little different than "Pack fans are fat and like cheese".

I'll give it to you.

Oh man I can't stand all the blaze orange (never was a hunter).

At least we don't have to blow a horn to remind our fans to cheer...

EDIT:  And how dare you turn this civil.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #304 on: September 08, 2009, 03:26:14 PM »
I'll give it to you.

Oh man I can't stand all the blaze orange (never was a hunter).

At least we don't have to blow a horn to remind our fans to cheer...

EDIT:  And how dare you turn this civil.

The horn is so bad that it's good.

The Vikes Unis are just bad.

The old-school unis the Vikes wore last year wear great. I wish they wore them all of the time.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #305 on: September 08, 2009, 03:49:59 PM »
The horn is dope.  The Williams bros. will not be suspended... this weekend.  In reality, no matter what the 8th circuit says, it'll just be appealed again... and again.  It's gunna be awhile unless the bros. want to just say, 'eff it, let's get it over and done with... since we have Favre on the team, whether or not we play doesn't mean much.. we'll still win'.

Patti - a great mc was in Milwaukee this past weekend - Akrobatik, at the Highbury.  I'll also luv Chuck D and Brother J, but some 'younger' cats I like include JUICE from Chicago and Apathy from CT. 
---------------------------------

Kevin and Pat Williams continue to await a decision from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circiut regarding their potential four-game suspensions in the long-running StarCaps case, but one thing has been cleared up.

The Pro Bowl defensive tackles will be able to play Sunday in the Vikings' regular-season opener in Cleveland. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed this to be the case this afternoon in an e-mail that read, "The suspensions will not be enforced for this weekend."

It remains uncertain when a ruling will be issued. A three judge panel from the Eighth Circuit heard from both the NFL and the Williamses' representatives on Aug. 17 and the panel's chairwoman, Judge Diana Murphy, said they would rule in "due time, keeping in mind the start of the season."

That ruling has yet to come, so at some point the players need to know they can play in the upcoming game. Whichever side loses this case would have the chance to appeal it to the full Eighth Circuit panel and after that they could attempt to take it to the Supreme Court.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #306 on: September 08, 2009, 04:08:34 PM »
Chicos just out of curiosity what NFL team do you follow?  9ers?

Cowboys.  I'm originally from Texas and the Boys training camp was in my hometown of Thousand Oaks for 29 years before Jones yanked it in 1990.  I used to work the camp as a kid....great memories.

We suck, 10 years without a playoff win and this will be number 11.  I love Jerry Jones as an owner, I hate Jerry Jones as a GM.  Therein lies the problem.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #307 on: September 09, 2009, 08:10:19 AM »
The Consensus builds...ESPN.com has the pre-season picks of 16 individuals up...

NFC North:

8 pick the Vikings
7 pick the Packers
1 Picks the Bears

6 Believe the Vikings will miss the playoffs
6 believe the Packers will miss the playoffs
13 believe the Bears will miss the playoffs

NFC Champions:

2 Pick the Packers
A grand total of 0 pick the Vikings or Bears.

That kind of consensus would make Al Gore and the Global warming nuts blush.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 08:14:35 AM by NavinRJohnson »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #308 on: September 09, 2009, 08:14:16 AM »
Why are we spending so much energy on caring about who picks who where?  The season starts Sunday and what people thought before the season began becomes completely irrelevant.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #309 on: September 09, 2009, 08:16:47 AM »
Why are we spending so much energy on caring about who picks who where?  

As we know, the consensus pick to win the division is Minnesota.

-- Jay Bee

Just having a little fun with Vanilla Ice

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #310 on: September 09, 2009, 08:27:08 AM »
The Consensus builds...ESPN.com has the pre-season picks of 16 individuals up...

NFC North:

8 pick the Vikings
7 pick the Packers
1 Picks the Bears

6 Believe the Vikings will miss the playoffs
6 believe the Packers will miss the playoffs
13 believe the Bears will miss the playoffs

NFC Champions:

2 Pick the Packers
A grand total of 0 pick the Vikings or Bears.

That kind of consensus would make Al Gore and the Global warming nuts blush.

drop the politics.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #311 on: September 09, 2009, 08:31:41 AM »

As we know, the consensus pick to win the division is Minnesota.

-- Jay Bee

Just having a little fun with Vanilla Ice

Yo Jay Bee! Kick it one time, boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Anyone else pumped up for Packers-Bears this weekend?  This is gonna be A LOT of fun.

LON

• All American
« Reply #312 on: September 09, 2009, 08:46:30 AM »

Yo Jay Bee! Kick it one time, boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Anyone else pumped up for Packers-Bears this weekend?  This is gonna be A LOT of fun.

Work sure is going to suck on Monday, but I'll be there watching the Pack start 1-0.  Is it Thursday yet?

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #313 on: September 09, 2009, 08:48:10 AM »
Work sure is going to suck on Monday, but I'll be there watching the Pack start 1-0.  Is it Thursday yet?

Let's be honest, when doesn't work suck on Monday?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #314 on: September 09, 2009, 09:02:10 AM »

I'm confused.  The Pack plays Sunday night. So won't you be celebrating a Packers win at work on Monday?

LON

• All American
« Reply #315 on: September 09, 2009, 09:23:54 AM »
I'm confused.  The Pack plays Sunday night. So won't you be celebrating a Packers win at work on Monday?

I'll most likely moving very slowly as I am an excellent tailgater...

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #316 on: September 09, 2009, 12:34:12 PM »
I'll most likely moving very slowly as I am an excellent tailgater...

OH! You won't be "at work on Monday watching the Pack start 1-0."  You'll be "at the game Sunday watching the Pack start 1-0", and consuming large quantities of alcohol which will lead to work sucking on Monday.  Now I understand.

LON

• All American
« Reply #317 on: September 09, 2009, 12:38:45 PM »
OH! You won't be "at work on Monday watching the Pack start 1-0."  You'll be "at the game Sunday watching the Pack start 1-0", and consuming large quantities of alcohol which will lead to work sucking on Monday.  Now I understand.

Nailed it.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #318 on: September 09, 2009, 12:43:46 PM »
Too bad labor day wasn't next week, huh?  It would have worked out perfectly

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #319 on: September 09, 2009, 12:46:03 PM »
"Yeah dudes I'm a totally great tailgater!  rock on I am totally gunna down 6 big Miller Lites!  hell yeah brah, go pack go dude.  Forget brent we luv erin!  dude I am like really awesome at cornhole and boozin" -LON

I'm t-JACKED for the Vikings opener, but think it's weird and potentially not h***ro that Cleveland hasn't announced their starter.  Doesn't matter much who the driver is, though, as their whip is crazy busted.

But, even more so looking forward to the Gophers home opener vs. Air Force in the new stadium.  Lance's has made drinking cool in my eyes.. I need to find a decent flask.

What are the lines on the NFC North games this weekend?  I know Minnesota is the CONSENSUS for the week (and the season to win the NFC North), but not sure how much WE are favored by.  

LON

• All American
« Reply #320 on: September 09, 2009, 12:56:55 PM »
"Yeah dudes I'm a totally great tailgater!  rock on I am totally gunna down 6 big Miller Lites!  hell yeah brah, go pack go dude.  Forget brent we luv erin!  dude I am like really awesome at cornhole and boozin" -LON

I'm t-JACKED for the Vikings opener, but think it's weird and potentially not h***ro that Cleveland hasn't announced their starter.  Doesn't matter much who the driver is, though, as their whip is crazy busted.

But, even more so looking forward to the Gophers home opener vs. Air Force in the new stadium.  Lance's has made drinking cool in my eyes.. I need to find a decent flask.

What are the lines on the NFC North games this weekend?  I know Minnesota is the CONSENSUS for the week (and the season to win the NFC North), but not sure how much WE are favored by.  

Was wondering where the articulate gangsta was hiding...

Seriously, give yourself a high hard one with your Kid Rock mixtapes.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #321 on: September 09, 2009, 01:03:17 PM »

So let me get this straight... we get to our sporting events three to five hours early, enjoy copious amounts of alcohol, delicious, grilled meat, and each other's company, before proceeding into a stadium filled with fans of our team who pay to be there because they actually WANT to come watch their team play, and you view this as a BAD thing?  

Meanwhile, somewhere to the west, an early 30s white guy is having a terrible identity crisis and expressing it through his irrational opinions regarding an awfully overrated football team.

Maybe next Monday, you and Aaron Wade can get together for a little Late Night Hype reunion and throw down some sick lyrics about how Aaron Rodgers is far and away the best QB in this division.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #322 on: September 09, 2009, 01:34:54 PM »

Seriously, VaJay-Jay, thank you for sending me that sick beat through PM!  It was truly the work of a professional, I wish I could hear more of where that came form!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #323 on: September 09, 2009, 01:43:34 PM »
Seriously, VaJay-Jay, thank you for sending me that sick beat through PM!  It was truly the work of a professional, I wish I could hear more of where that came form!

WadsWorld - came form?  Sounds like more naughty talk from lil Patti.  Use that in a different sentence for me?

LON

• All American
« Reply #324 on: September 09, 2009, 01:54:27 PM »
By professional, do you mean he hit the preset button then twirled his hands around like he knew what he was doing?

feedback