collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North Pissing Match  (Read 114774 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NFC North Pissing Match
« Reply #175 on: September 02, 2009, 09:09:57 PM »
  Oh, really?  Consensus must mean something different in 'retard', then, because 'consensus' does not require 100% agreement.  BOOM! Roast deez.
Can you please send me some of those SICK mix tapes you make, VaJay-Jay?  Oops, somebody can play your little game, too ::)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #176 on: September 02, 2009, 09:13:17 PM »
Jay Bee,

Your arguments will hold much more weight if you freestyle them.

Or if the agrument is made over MSOE's radio station.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #177 on: September 02, 2009, 09:22:22 PM »
PP - ask Big Chris aka Big Daddy... he knows the deal - no mixtapes here, bahdee. 

Greg - I agree (well, if you meant argument when you typed agrument...I think that was a typo, vs. IAmMarket who claimed if someone disagreed there could not be a consensus... maybe she just really, really hates the word unanimous... more likely, though, she's just young and stupid). 

Anyone know how often there have been teams that carry four QB's into the beginning of the regular season?  I'd like to keep JDB, but if we still have Tarvaris, don't know if that'll happen.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #178 on: September 02, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »
Hey mods, methinks someone may need a timeout.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #179 on: September 02, 2009, 10:11:43 PM »
Everyone is getting to uptight. I think it's time for a little bit of this...

http://www.pacfan.com/gopack.wav

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #180 on: September 02, 2009, 10:14:56 PM »
  Oh, really?  Consensus must mean something different in 'retard', then, because 'consensus' does not require 100% agreement.  BOOM! Roast deez.

it still means majority. There may be a group that says the Vikings will win the NFC North but it is not the MAJORITY i.e. over 50%

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #181 on: September 02, 2009, 11:01:09 PM »
From a highly reputable source:
   * Main Entry: con·sen·sus
    * Pronunciation: \kən-ˈsen(t)-səs\
    * Function: noun
    * Usage: often attributive
    * Etymology: Latin, from consentire
    * Date: 1843

1 a : general agreement : unanimity <the consensus of their opinion, based on reports…from the border — John Hersey> b : the judgment arrived at by most of those concerned <the consensus was to go ahead>
2 : group solidarity in sentiment and belief
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/consensus

Unanimity, you say?
  * Main Entry: una·nim·i·ty
    * Pronunciation: \ˌyü-nə-ˈni-mə-tē\
    * Function: noun
    * Date: 15th century

: the quality or state of being unanimous
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unanimity

That doesn't help too much. Let's see what Mr. Webster says about this "unanimous" thing...
   * Main Entry: unan·i·mous
    * Pronunciation: \yu̇-ˈna-nə-məs\
    * Function: adjective
    * Etymology: Latin unanimus, from unus one + animus mind — more at one, animate
    * Date: 1624

1 : being of one mind : agreeing
2 : formed with or indicating unanimity : having the agreement and consent of all

— unan·i·mous·ly adverb
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unanimous

So "consensus" = "unanimity" = "having the agreement and consent of all"

Well, I'll be damned. Who would've thought?

Oh. Right. Everyone. Except JayBee.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 11:30:48 PM by IAmMarquette »

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #182 on: September 02, 2009, 11:40:15 PM »
PP - ask Big Chris aka Big Daddy... he knows the deal - no mixtapes here, bahdee.  

Greg - I agree (well, if you meant argument when you typed agrument...I think that was a typo, vs. IAmMarket who claimed if someone disagreed there could not be a consensus... maybe she just really, really hates the word unanimous... more likely, though, she's just young and stupid).  

Anyone know how often there have been teams that carry four QB's into the beginning of the regular season?  I'd like to keep JDB, but if we still have Tarvaris, don't know if that'll happen.

No mix tapes? Really?

What have we here...

Woops. Somebody left their e-mail address lying around. Well then.  "Here 2 meet high school boys"?  Maybe the off-color racist homophobic remarks really do stem from some deeper problem.  The location is spot on though, you are certainly "up in our grill like a contact lens."  

http://www.dunation.com/showthread.php?t=19546&page=2

What other brilliance?  Minnesota Hip-Hop?  One of the greatest oxymorons I've ever heard.  Perhaps you could drop some of that "fresh sh*t" for us sometime here at MUScoop.

Perhaps "Nut and Graffiti".  Sounds like a winner to me.

Here we were questioning your intelligence, but I don't understand how we can any longer, since you have displayed coherent sentence structure and formulated such deep, intellectual ideas such as this gem, regarding hip-hop artist Eminem: "Recognize Lil Wyte, beyotch. I think his jean jacket must be a little too tight.  PASS THE METH, MF'ERS!"

http://www.dunation.com/showthread.php?p=230654#post230654

Not to mention that you declared "the best song of 2007" to be something that you heard on, and I quote, Radio Disney.

http://www.dunation.com/showthread.php?t=11328

After watching you snoop around profiles here and begin addressing people on a first name basis, I thought I might return the favor.  Little did I know I'd run into a comic gold mine.

Enjoy it, MUScoop.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #183 on: September 02, 2009, 11:55:36 PM »
Oops, looks like 3 people are now playing the game, VaJay-Jay Bee.  By the way, how is your cute little kitty doing?  What's her name?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #184 on: September 03, 2009, 12:02:57 AM »
Wow.

In before the lock.

To those of you reading this before the mods edit/delete... enjoy.

This thread definitely lived up to the pissing match hype. yowza.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #185 on: September 03, 2009, 12:05:29 AM »
Wow.

In before the lock.

To those of you reading this before the mods edit/delete... enjoy.

This thread definitely lived up to the pissing match hype. yowza.

Once this gets cleaned out, there's always room for another NFC North banter thread.  This was just too good to pass up.  Check that stuff out.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #186 on: September 03, 2009, 06:47:11 AM »
Can't believe everything you read on the internet, boys (and I use that term loosely)... including merriam-webster.com, the 'reputable source'.  Reputable if you want to use a 'dictionary' that is criticized as being permissive and uninterested in proper English. 

PS - Vikings are actively seeking out a taker for Tarvaris... which they should.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/56794187.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

LON

• All American
« Reply #187 on: September 03, 2009, 07:38:54 AM »
GREATEST.THREAD.EVER.

Is Atmosphere going to be on the next single?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #188 on: September 03, 2009, 07:48:46 AM »

Woops. Somebody left their e-mail address lying around. Well then.  "Here 2 meet high school boys"?  Maybe the off-color racist homophobic remarks really do stem from some deeper problem.  The location is spot on though, you are certainly "up in our grill like a contact lens."  

What other brilliance?  Minnesota Hip-Hop?  One of the greatest oxymorons I've ever heard.  Perhaps you could drop some of that "fresh sh*t" for us sometime here at MUScoop.

Perhaps "Nut and Graffiti".  Sounds like a winner to me.

Here we were questioning your intelligence, but I don't understand how we can any longer, since you have displayed coherent sentence structure and formulated such deep, intellectual ideas such as this gem, regarding hip-hop artist Eminem: "Recognize Lil Wyte, beyotch. I think his jean jacket must be a little too tight.  PASS THE METH, MF'ERS!"

http://www.dunation.com/showthread.php?p=230654#post230654

Not to mention that you declared "the best song of 2007" to be something that you heard on, and I quote, Radio Disney.

http://www.dunation.com/showthread.php?t=11328

After watching you snoop around profiles here and begin addressing people on a first name basis, I thought I might return the favor.  Little did I know I'd run into a comic gold mine.

Enjoy it, MUScoop.

While a bit uncomfortable with the whole thing, and a bit disappointed this thread will die a mod induced death before the season even starts (the baseball thread is about to warp up its second season!), this post makes it worth it. Funny stuff.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #189 on: September 03, 2009, 07:50:22 AM »
I just made the entire thread a pdf so I can savor it for years to come.

On a football related note...  Call me crazy but I would take T Jack in Chicago to compete with Hanie for the #2 spot. 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #190 on: September 03, 2009, 07:59:40 AM »
On a football related note...  Call me crazy but I would take T Jack in Chicago to compete with Hanie for the #2 spot. 

I was thinking the same thing about the Packers. They just might have the depth to make such a deal too. Really a dual purpose move too...strengthens the position for the Packers, and limits the Vikings options when Favre stinks on ice come November or so.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #191 on: September 03, 2009, 08:06:51 AM »
I was thinking the same thing about the Packers. They just might have the depth to make such a deal too. Really a dual purpose move too...strengthens the position for the Packers, and limits the Vikings options when Favre stinks on ice come November or so.

I cant see the Vikings trading him within the division. But...then again, its the Vikings, so who knows what they will do.  Anything is possible.

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #192 on: September 03, 2009, 08:08:08 AM »
Can't believe everything you read on the internet, boys (and I use that term loosely)... including merriam-webster.com, the 'reputable source'.  Reputable if you want to use a 'dictionary' that is criticized as being permissive and uninterested in proper English. 

PS - Vikings are actively seeking out a taker for Tarvaris... which they should.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/56794187.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

Out of everything that's gone on, THIS is the single funniest post in this thread.  Proper english?!?!?!

PASS THE METH, MF'ERS!!!!!

As far as Tarvaris goes, I would hope the Packers would be smart enough not to give up anything of value for him, but he's definitely worth a look if the Vikes are forced to release him. 

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #193 on: September 03, 2009, 08:14:59 AM »
As far as Tarvaris goes, I would hope the Packers would be smart enough not to give up anything of value for him, but he's definitely worth a look if the Vikes are forced to release him.  

He won't draw anything of value. I'd be shocked if anyone gave up even a 4th round pick. Certainly I could see an exchange of a guy that is about to be released. Price for the Packers or Bears would certainly be a bit higher than an AFC team for instance. Just depends where the areas of need match up.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:16:35 AM by NavinRJohnson »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #194 on: September 03, 2009, 08:21:05 AM »
He won't draw anything of value. I'd be shocked if anyone gave up even a 4th round pick. Certainly I could see an exchange of a guy that is about to be released. Price for the Packers or Bears would certainly be a bit higher than an AFC team for instance. Just depends where the areas of need match up.

I would be very happy with a 4th round pick.  A 5th or 6th round pick seems reasonable, despite how great some of you think T-Jack is.  "Word up".

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #195 on: September 03, 2009, 08:21:36 AM »
funny how the conversation has completely changed.

hmmm...

LON

• All American
« Reply #196 on: September 03, 2009, 08:24:15 AM »
 I would be very happy with a 4th round pick.  A 5th or 6th round pick seems reasonable, despite how great some of you think T-Jack is.  "Word up".

And I'd certainly give up a 4-6th round pick for a guy with INTIMATE knowledge of the playbook and an axe to grind...

EDIT:  His contract is attractive as well, and he's got plenty of starting experience (to make him a solid #2)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:30:09 AM by LancesOtherNut »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #197 on: September 03, 2009, 08:26:00 AM »
  I would be very happy with a 4th round pick.  A 5th or 6th round pick seems reasonable, despite how great some of you think T-Jack is.  "Word up".

Nobody has ever said he is great. A better option than Favre for the Vikings this season? Yes. Great? no.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #198 on: September 03, 2009, 08:30:33 AM »
funny how the conversation has completely changed.

hmmm...

Just trying to keep the thread from going "behind the bar."
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #199 on: September 03, 2009, 08:39:44 AM »
Once this gets cleaned out, there's always room for another NFC North banter thread.  This was just too good to pass up.  Check that stuff out.

Understood.

I don't blame you at all. This is some pretty crazy stuff.

I have to be honest and say that I recognize a lot of the writing as English, but the style and context make it hard to understand. It's probably because I grew up a lame ass suburbanite and I'm not hooked into the underground.

Piss on everybody.