'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JJJ and STj, why DNP?  (Read 11703 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
JJJ and STj, why DNP?
« on: January 04, 2014, 08:22:24 PM »
Out of town on vacation so I missed the entire game.  I see JJJ and STj were both DNP.

Can anyone add color here?

forgetful

• All American
Re: JJJ and STj, why DNP?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 08:24:28 PM »
Its uncertain.  Since we know with infinite precision that they did not play, we can't have any accuracy in knowing why they didn't play.

thehammock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 08:25:12 PM »
Buzz shortened the rotation.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 08:26:24 PM »
Assuming ST is still hurting.  JT and Todd played well...nothing left for JJJ.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 09:12:08 PM »
Assuming ST is still hurting.  JT and Todd played well...nothing left for JJJ.

Nah, something was definitely going on for Jajuan.  He can make it into the rotation in place of more than just two guys.  I think Buzz had to teach him some sort of lesson by keeping him out today.  John Dawson tweeted about the "most disappointing way to end the night" or something to that effect, so perhaps JJJ involved too.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 09:40:32 PM »
What in the "HELL" is going on. Buzz is playing games, could hurt recruiting.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 09:45:41 PM »
Buzz is trying to build men and character, as well as win games.   Same as the previous 5 years.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 10:03:08 PM »
Nah, something was definitely going on for Jajuan.  He can make it into the rotation in place of more than just two guys.  I think Buzz had to teach him some sort of lesson by keeping him out today.  John Dawson tweeted about the "most disappointing way to end the night" or something to that effect, so perhaps JJJ involved too.

What in the "HELL" is going on. Buzz is playing games, could hurt recruiting.

Yeah.  Buzz's job, and thus income, and thus livelihood, depends on winning basketball games.  But yeah he's just playing games, trying to send messages to 18 year olds.  He just picks and chooses favorites.  He could not care less if we lose games, and if talented players leave or don't want to come play for him because he plays games with his players.  He doesn't know who to play.  He never sees the team in practice, doesn't know how to put together a winning lineup or roster, doesn't know how to play matchups.  The guy is clueless.  How he's making $2+ million/year is beyond me, he's trying to lose basketball games.  Just to prove points.  Make examples.  And then **GASP** he leaves all of us fans, that he owes everything to, in the dark on why.  How could he?!

I used to think the nuts only came out after losses.  I now realize the nuts don't go away (except Chicos, apparently).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 10:05:56 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 10:37:07 PM »
Need to get JJJ some minutes. In addition to his scoring he uses his length and quickness to make steals that lead to breakaways.

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 10:50:05 PM »
I talked to JJJ earlier. He is indeed transferring at the end of the season. Buzz was informed two weeks ago of his decision.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 10:57:16 PM »
I talked to JJJ earlier. He is indeed transferring at the end of the season. Buzz was informed two weeks ago of his decision.

Lol
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 10:59:13 PM »

Move among folks, nothing to see here. This guy has never been right about anything since he starting posting.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 10:59:38 PM »

I just got off the phone with him. He said you're full of sh1t.

Death on call

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 11:00:53 PM »
Buzz's job is to build a program and he's done a GREAT job!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 11:43:23 PM »
I don't care that Dawson isn't playing. In general, I think Deonte and JJJ have gotten a decent amount of minutes.

But still ...

I was surprised that JJJ didn't play at least a few minutes in this one, specifically when we were down double-digits and none of our guys could make a shot. I thought JJJ might have provided a little change of pace or might have hit a 3.

It all worked out, but I still was a little surprised.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 11:52:06 PM »

I talked to Dameon Mason once, and he told me he was going pro after his freshman year.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 12:20:07 AM »
I don't care that Dawson isn't playing. In general, I think Deonte and JJJ have gotten a decent amount of minutes.

But still ...

I was surprised that JJJ didn't play at least a few minutes in this one, specifically when we were down double-digits and none of our guys could make a shot. I thought JJJ might have provided a little change of pace or might have hit a 3.

It all worked out, but I still was a little surprised.
I'm with you on this.  With so much room for improvement I don't understand how JJJ doesn't find the floor.

La Verdad

• Walk-On
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 01:30:16 AM »

Wrrrrrrrrrrrrronnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg

Once again, you are incredibly ill informed and know nothing about basketball. JJJ will be a stalwart of the Marquette program and Buzz will continue to prove to the Dreadman that he is one of the best coaches in college basketball.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 02:44:27 AM »
What about STj, is it a simple fact that he is still hurting and behind or something else?

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2014, 04:56:39 AM »
Lol

JJJ Told me hes going Pro along with Dawson after the seasons over. Lmao

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 07:25:10 AM »
Wrrrrrrrrrrrrronnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg

Once again, you are incredibly ill informed and know nothing about basketball. JJJ will be a stalwart of the Marquette program and Buzz will continue to prove to the Dreadman that he is one of the best coaches in college basketball.

He isn't ill informed, he's a standrad issue troll.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 08:57:51 AM »
What about STj, is it a simple fact that he is still hurting and behind or something else?

Watch him run.  He is still hurting.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2014, 09:34:07 AM »
Watch him run.  He is still hurting.

Hard to see him run when he's DNP

LeftyWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2014, 09:59:19 AM »
I was surprised about JJJ as well. He never took off his warm up pants so it seemed like he knew he was not going in. However with about 1:16 left Buzz had him get off the bench to go in. There was a stop in the game and he did not go in. Very strange.   JJJ is a big part of the team in the future so this makes me nervous about what is going on.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2014, 10:08:18 AM »
I'll say what I have said in another thread.

Buzz rarely goes to his freshman in conference play.  It is a trend from his first days here.