collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Can of Worms - Opened  (Read 32904 times)

NersEllenson

• All American
Can of Worms - Opened
« on: October 17, 2010, 09:22:45 AM »
Per Mark Miller - Rodney Hood to announce today.  It's between MU, Florida State, and L'ville.  Most chatter has us in 3rd place.  L'ville is holding out for Quincy Miller/Deuce Bello - but will certainly take Hood if he gives them the verbal.

MU would be a GREAT fit for Hood, based on his skill/position/pedigree - good family, good values - and MU will give him the best of both worlds - athletically and academically.  Let's hope for the best!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:49:34 AM by Ners »
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

MUBasketball

• All American
Re: Hood to Announce Today
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 09:39:54 AM »
It's between MU, Florida State, and L'ville. 

Not sure where you heard that from.

"His father indicated that Rodney did not want to make a decision this week right after a visit with that school fresh in his mind.

Despite conflicting reports out there, his list includes Alabama, Florida State, Louisville, Marquette and Mississippi State."

http://hoopsrecruits.blogs.tidesports.com/10507/top-targets-to-decide-soon/

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 09:49:39 AM »

"His father indicated that Rodney did not want to make a decision this week right after a visit with that school fresh in his mind.

Despite conflicting reports out there, his list includes Alabama, Florida State, Louisville, Marquette and Mississippi State."

Consider your source for information..an Alabama fan site.  If Rodney Hood himself stating this past week that:  Three programs have separtated themselves from the rest:  MU, Lville and FSU" doesn't carry any weight..I'm not sure what to think.  His recruitment has been a little all over...but let's just say I'd be SHOCKED if he announced he was going to any school other than MU Lville or FSU.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 09:53:51 AM »
Yeah I do remember reading something about it being down to 3 schools, but the way I understood that blurb from that link I posted was that was what his dad told the reporter. Kids change their minds so I was assuming all those schools were still in play.

I'm hopeful, but he sure seemed in love with Louisville after his visit. Hamilton always gets top talent (never wins with it though), so they'll be tough to beat out as well.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 10:04:08 AM »
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:27:23 PM by GOMU1104 »

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 10:09:14 AM »
Per Mark Miller - Rodney Hood to announce today.  It's between MU, Florida State, and L'ville.  Most chatter has us in 3rd place.  L'ville is holding out for Quincy Miller/Deuce Bello - but will certainly take Hood if he gives them the verbal.

MU would be a GREAT fit for Hood, based on his skill/position/pedigree - good family, good values - and MU will give him the best of both worlds - athletically and academically.  Let's hope for the best!

I didn't see where Mark posted this.  Was it on the Wissports.net site somewhere? I didn't see it on the Scout board either.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 10:13:27 AM »
Louisville lists 14 players on their roster, with only 1 being a senior.

Rivals already has them listed with 5 Recruit commits.

Where the hell do they have room for anymore, and why would Hood or anybody else get involved in that clusterscrew?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

mikem91288

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 10:22:27 AM »
Does anyone know if he was at FSU Madness or somewhere else on Friday? That may be why he is announcing today - he really had a good visit to his last place.
Warrior in the class of 2011.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 10:25:31 AM »
I'm hopeful, but he sure seemed in love with Louisville after his visit. Hamilton always gets top talent (never wins with it though), so they'll be tough to beat out as well.

Agree 100% with what you wrote above.  Of course as MU fans we are biased...but the truth is that Buzz/MU will maximize your athletic and academic talents, while winning in the Big East.  Hood is from a solid family...that values both basketball and off the court factors in this process..but..Hood was wowed by the new Yum Center at Lville.

I haven't heard a lot on the Miss State front - but wouldn't discount what GOMU1104 posted...but that would surprise me.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 10:28:45 AM »
Does anyone know if he was at FSU Madness or somewhere else on Friday? That may be why he is announcing today - he really had a good visit to his last place.

I do know after his Lville visit (last weekend)..he said he didn't want to knee jerk and offer a verbal right away..wanted to think about it for a few days - so as for timing of an announcement..I'd say this follows his thoughts coming out of the Lville visit.  That said, I have no idea if he was at FSU madness this past Friday.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 10:48:53 AM »
Louisville lists 14 players on their roster, with only 1 being a senior.

Rivals already has them listed with 5 Recruit commits.

Where the hell do they have room for anymore, and why would Hood or anybody else get involved in that clusterscrew?

You need to take a closer look at the roster, a bunch of those guys are walk ons, or guys that were promised scholarships conditionally and are willing to become walk ons if need be. 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 10:51:26 AM »
Bma725, do you know if there is a limit to how many walk-ons a team can have?

bma725

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »
Bma725, do you know if there is a limit to how many walk-ons a team can have?

As far as I know, there is no limit on the total number of walk ons, but there is a limit to the total number of players that can travel.

Lousiville right now has three walk ons.  They started the year with four, but Elisha Justice switched from a full academic scholarship to a basketball scholarship when Coleman/Sallie/Dieng didn't make it.  So he'll likely switch back after this season giving them 4 scholarships to use next year, maybe more.

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 01:23:53 PM »

He got it from the premium board on the other site.......

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 01:25:47 PM »

And where did that person get his info??
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 01:33:25 PM »

Well damn, I'm sure I'll be blamed for that by someone.  LOL. 

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 01:53:18 PM »
Hilarious Chicos! I literaly can't stop laughing out loud!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 01:57:01 PM »
Not feeling this recruit.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »

Which begs the question, why the hell did he post PREMIUM info from the scout board over here?? Mark Miller posts here, if he wanted the info over here, he would have posted it. I hope Dodds figures out who you are over there, and bans you. That stuff is a NO NO.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 02:15:20 PM »
I feel like I have the same amount of information I had before Anderson committed.  This is impossible to know.  What a great player Hood would be in Buzz's system though.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 02:18:36 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a time set?
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 02:21:52 PM »
Who knows...... no news on this one.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 02:24:57 PM by Daniel »

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 02:30:04 PM »
Which begs the question, why the hell did he post PREMIUM info from the scout board over here?? Mark Miller posts here, if he wanted the info over here, he would have posted it. I hope Dodds figures out who you are over there, and bans you. That stuff is a NO NO.

Overreact much?
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

lj854

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 02:33:02 PM »
Overreact much?

Really? You honestly believe this is an over-reaction. Ridiculous.

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 02:34:16 PM »
And where did that person get his info??

I don't know, but the poster who did, is one of the top 2 or 3 most respected posters in regards to accuracy on both these sites, so I'll take his word for it.

feedback