collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2020 Vuelta a España  (Read 3477 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: 2020 Vuelta a España
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2020, 10:40:37 AM »
I can go 2 houses and everyone on my block speaks Spanish. Then I go about 2 blocks and everyone speaks Polish. What a country.

That's a cool thing.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2020, 03:39:58 PM »
Major props to the Vuelta organizers. They finished the 18-stage race with zero riders testing positive for Covid.

Riders commented on how secure the team bubbles were, particularly in comparison with the Giro d’Italia. And the organizers did a great job of keeping spectators away the course. In all, only two staff members tested positive during the race. No riders or race officials were infected.

And congratulations to Primoz Roglic for his second straight Vuelta title. He was clearly the strongest rider, although Richard Carapaz and Hugh Carthy were great as well.

For American cycling fans, Sepp Kuss was awesome in both the Tour and the Vuelta. He could make some serious noise in coming years.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2020, 02:07:59 AM »
Agreed on all above.

The Vuelta has been the most innovative and forward thinking of all the Grand Tours. That was evident in this year’s edition.

Also, I’m becoming a big fan of the time trial that encourages a bike change. Like watching a NASCAR pit stop ... interesting without putting rider safety at risk.

Finally, love next year’s Tour de France route (released last week). Team trial is back , as is Mount Ventoux!

(Side note, the greatest “sports day” of my life was 2016 riding my bike up the Ventoux three hours before the tour. You have no idea how insanely hard that ride is. Also saw Froome fall off his bike and run up the mountain.  That day was unlike anything I’ve witnessed in any sporting event.)
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2020, 09:14:52 AM »
Agreed on all above.

The Vuelta has been the most innovative and forward thinking of all the Grand Tours. That was evident in this year’s edition.

Also, I’m becoming a big fan of the time trial that encourages a bike change. Like watching a NASCAR pit stop ... interesting without putting rider safety at risk.

Finally, love next year’s Tour de France route (released last week). Team trial is back , as is Mount Ventoux!

(Side note, the greatest “sports day” of my life was 2016 riding my bike up the Ventoux three hours before the tour. You have no idea how insanely hard that ride is. Also saw Froome fall off his bike and run up the mountain.  That day was unlike anything I’ve witnessed in any sporting event.)

Very envious of your ride up Ventoux.

If ever there was a 'bucket list' of iconic climbs, it would definitely include Ventoux, Galibier, the Stelvio in Italy and a few others. And shorter but just as iconic - the Alpe d'Huez. I would add the Angliru in Spain, but they would have to bury me at the top.