'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: CAN YOU PLEASE PUT UP THE TICKETS REMAINING BILLBOARD AND GET PEOPLE FIRED UP!  (Read 4110 times)

MUBalla23

• Starter
WE NEED TO GET THIS GAME SOLD OUT AND GET THE BC ROCKING FOR PROVIDENCE!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Hey hey, stop yellin!  I don't think MU is doing it for PC (I got the counter from them), but even if they are, we'll wait until after UConn.

MUBalla23

• Starter
okay, im worried there will be a bum crowd for that game.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
okay, im worried there will be a bum crowd for that game.

Nah, bums usually refrain from congregating.

BrewCity83

• All American
...unless there's free turkey.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
Did anybody else think it was somewhat of a "bum crowd" for Seton Hall?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member

Yep.  Pretty embarrassing to not have the place packed for a conference game at the end of the season.

BrewCity83

• All American

No way.  The crowd was way better than for the St. John's game.  That was a bum crowd.  The Seton Hall crowd was great.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

79Warrior

• All American
No way.  The crowd was way better than for the St. John's game.  That was a bum crowd.  The Seton Hall crowd was great.

On TV, both games looked completley dead. I wathed AZ-WASH Sat and the McHale Center was a complete Zoo. Total white out by the crowd. Now that is a college atmosphere.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
On TV, both games looked completley dead. I wathed AZ-WASH Sat and the McHale Center was a complete Zoo. Total white out by the crowd. Now that is a college atmosphere.

With the way that the tickets are distributed in the lower level, don't ever expect to see that at an MU game. The crowds are decent, but they'll never be that nuts.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MUBalla23

• Starter
well we shouold try and get an atmosphere like that for the providence game. any ideas?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
With the way that the tickets are distributed in the lower level, don't ever expect to see that at an MU game. The crowds are decent, but they'll never be that nuts.

You haven't been a fan for long?  Crean did a much better job at crowd management with regards to halftime and timeout entertainment.  That plus t-shirt giveaways made it much easier to gold-out in the mid 2000s (and a final 4 helped :P). 

Honestly, games were more fun to go to back then.  I'm content to watch them on TV at a bar now.

I'm not trying to piss anyone off, just sayin.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
I thought the crowd was brutal for the Seton Hall game, especially the fans at either end of the floor under the baskets.  Back in the day (early 80's), we students had no problem getting up for the game and being loud.  It didn't matter if it was a morning start or an 8 pm start.  But come on.....an 8 pm start and the students couldn't get jacked for that game?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

StillAWarrior

• All American

It's not that you try...you're just uniquely talented.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
It's not that you try...you're just uniquely talented.

It's nice to be recognized :')

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Crean did a much better job at crowd management with regards to halftime and timeout entertainment.

As a mascot during both the Crean and Buzz era's, I can tell you the halftime and timeout entertainment are the same.  This is because THE HEAD COACH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!  It is all the marketing department.  Do you really think Crean or Buzz care that the kiss cam comes on during the 12 minute timeout in the second half?

The only difference from the Crean and Buzz era is that Crean addressed the crowd before the game with the same speech every night.  "Tonight we are playing a well coached team....."

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
As a mascot during both the Crean and Buzz era's, I can tell you the halftime and timeout entertainment are the same.  This is because THE HEAD COACH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!  It is all the marketing department.  Do you really think Crean or Buzz care that the kiss cam comes on during the 12 minute timeout in the second half?

The only difference from the Crean and Buzz era is that Crean addressed the crowd before the game with the same speech every night.  "Tonight we are playing a well coached team....."

With his "fresh out of the shower" look. (question:  did Chicos lather him up like they did in the Roman times?)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Haha he was fresh out of the shower.  He always filmed it about an hour or 1.5 hours before the game in the student section tunnel.  The first few years he would then sign the program to be put into circulation for a gift certificate for the Hilton.  The last year they realized they could just have him sign a sheet of 20 stickers once the entire season, then put the stickers in the program.

But anyway he would film it not long after the team shootaround before the doors opened.  Thus the fresh shower hair.

EDIT: No, I never encountered Chicos lathering him up haha.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 02:49:06 PM by TallTitan34 »

Mobot

• Team Captain
Is Todd Mayo still planning on attending the game on Saturday? 

His search is entirely dependent on game day atmosphere and he believes that the town and facilities will not sway his opinion because in his words, if he can make it in prep school, he can make it anywhere.   - West Virginina Illustrated on Todd Mayo

http://wvillustrated.com/wvubasketball/recruitdetail/detail/77

IAmMarquette

• All American
You haven't been a fan for long?  Crean did a much better job at crowd management with regards to halftime and timeout entertainment.  That plus t-shirt giveaways made it much easier to gold-out in the mid 2000s (and a final 4 helped :P). 

Honestly, games were more fun to go to back then.  I'm content to watch them on TV at a bar now.

Hate to say it, Skat, but I think this means you're just getting old  ;)

MUBurrow

• All American
Maybe it was always the same speech, but I thought the Crean speech before each game was cool.  Regardless of content, it was always a nice intro as a freshman new to MU to see the tanned one thanking me for coming.  He was also good about coming over to the student section both before and after the game.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member

Hate to say it, Skat, but I think this means you're just getting old  ;)

When I finished writing that I came to the same conclusion... I was just hoping that nobody would notice!  :P

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Maybe it was always the same speech, but I thought the Crean speech before each game was cool.  Regardless of content, it was always a nice intro as a freshman new to MU to see the tanned one thanking me for coming.  He was also good about coming over to the student section both before and after the game.

If you need a coach to thank you for attending the game, you're going for the wrong reasons.
SS Marquette

MUBurrow

• All American
If you need a coach to thank you for attending the game, you're going for the wrong reasons.

But if you appreciate having your coach talk directly to you every now and again, I think you're going for the exactly right reasons.