[Today at 10:37:13 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Jay Bee
[May 15, 2024, 09:14:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Butler = Unbelievable 9-1 in last 10 NCAA games  (Read 10517 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Butler = Unbelievable 9-1 in last 10 NCAA games
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 08:27:15 PM »
Crean's sphincter must be tightening up with every post season Butler win. Hope they win the national title. That said, Stephens has probably earned the right to chose any college job he wants.

It's STEVENS

;D

If anyone's sphincter is tightening up, it's Matt Painter.  Tons of rumors he is going to Missouri and leaving his alma mater.  He's getting killed in recruiting by Crean right now.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/article_a4445fc4-57d2-11e0-83b5-0017a4a78c22.html

http://www.theboilingpoints.com/2011/03/painter-to-missouri-rumors-floating.html

http://www.yardbarker.com/all_sports/articles/on_campus_matt_painter_missouri_rumor_heats_up/4446050

I don't think it will happen with Painter, but they are definitely losing the in-state recruiting battles for the next three classes. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 08:28:24 PM »
I was talking to a badger friend today. We, after consoling each other for the offensive ineptitude we both displayed in the Sweet 16, talked about Buzz and Crean.  He made a comment that I tend to agree.  When Crean left MU, he felt it would be easier to recruit in Indy.  I don't think he factored in Butler and Stevens in that thought process. 

Uhm, what players has IU lost to Butler?  I'm being serious...they have 9 kids coming in that are all 4 or 5 star kids and didn't lose a one to Butler

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 08:29:39 PM »
Thanks Chicos, I stand erected.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 09:02:48 PM »
Uhm, what players has IU lost to Butler?  I'm being serious...they have 9 kids coming in that are all 4 or 5 star kids and didn't lose a one to Butler

Uhm, I didn't say they did.  But, the Indianapolis market has and will continue to tighten.  Sorry to piss on your love interest.  Oh, wait, that was Deane and you hated Crean until Buzz was hired.  I forgot. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 09:07:38 PM »
Uhm, I didn't say they did.  But, the Indianapolis market has and will continue to tighten.  Sorry to piss on your love interest.  Oh, wait, that was Deane and you hated Crean until Buzz was hired.  I forgot. 

We'll see.  When Butler starts getting kids over IU and PU then come talking to me.  My love interest is my wife and kids.  Hated to see Deane fired as he was a colleague...MU waited nearly a month to hire TC.  After the very first press conference and my one on one meeting with him later that day, I was ready. Sorry your facts don't jive with reality but whatever.  Was I still bummed that Deane got fired?  Yup, even stated so for many months later.  Hated that he didn't get 5 years, but it was absolutely the right thing to do...no one can deny that.  I assume you realize that a person can be bummed that a colleague was fired but still understand that the new guy is going to do a better job.  Happens in business all the time and certainly in sports.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 09:13:29 PM »
We'll see.  When Butler starts getting kids over IU and PU then come talking to me.  My love interest is my wife and kids.  Hated to see Deane fired as he was a colleague...MU waited nearly a month to hire TC.  After the very first press conference and my one on one meeting with him later that day, I was ready. Sorry your facts don't jive with reality but whatever.  Was I still bummed that Deane got fired?  Yup, even stated so for many months later.  Hated that he didn't get 5 years, but it was absolutely the right thing to do...no one can deny that.  I assume you realize that a person can be bummed that a colleague was fired but still understand that the new guy is going to do a better job.  Happens in business all the time and certainly in sports.

Facts are correct.  You were the same boorish buffoon with Crean as you are with Buzz.  Many chided you that you lost your drinking buddy and were upset.  My memory is rock solid.  Yours?  typical chico's revisionist history.

BTW, why did it take MU a month to hire Crean?  Think it had anything to do with MSU getting to the Final 4?  Nah, couldn't be.  Just another cheap, weak and false attempt to try and take a stab at the hiring process or Buzz.  Truly pathetic chico's, truly pathetic. 

Have at the last response.  Any discussion with you is a waste of time. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2011, 09:18:59 PM »
That is correct, it took a month because they(MSU) was in the tournament.  Who said anything differently?  Sheesh.

Deane, my drinking buddy?  LOL. Crean my love interest?  Good Lord, are you 15?

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2011, 09:25:18 PM »
That is correct, it took a month because they(MSU) was in the tournament.  Who said anything differently?  Sheesh.

Deane, my drinking buddy?  LOL. Crean my love interest?  Good Lord, are you 15?

As for the MSU part, why mention it took a month then, eh?  No alterior motive chico's?  Right, it really was necessary for what purpose then?

I said others said Deane was your drinking buddy, not me.  Good Lord, can you read?  If so, can you comprehend what you read?

Thanks for the childish comment.  I thought you said you were above such?  Oh, that is only when you play the victim card, right?   ::)

Norm

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2011, 10:17:26 PM »
Since folks brought up recruiting in this thread, here's a comparison of Marquette's and Butler's recruting since 2007, with stars and rankings from Rivals network.

Marquette
2007: Scott Christopherson***  Pat Hazel***
2008: Joe Fulce***  Chris Otule**  Jimmy Butler
2009: Junior Cadougan****  Jeronne Maymon****   Erik Williams****  Dwight Buycks***  DJO***  Yous Mbao***
2010: Vander Blue***** Jamail Jones**** Reggie Smith*** Jae Crowder***  Davant Gardner***
2011: Juan Anderson**** Derrick Wilson***  Todd Mayo***

Butler
2007: Matt Howard****  Zach Hahn***  Shawn Vanzant**  Jermain Raffington**
2008: Gordon Hayward***  Shelvin Mack***  Ronald Nored***  Chase Stigall**  Garrett Butcher**  Emerson Kampen
2009: Andrew Smith***
2010: Khyle Marshall***  Chrishawn Hopkins***  Erik Fromm
2011: Cameron Woods***  Andrew Smeathers***  Roosevelt Jones***
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 10:31:01 PM by Norm »

karavotsos

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2011, 10:21:37 PM »
I think Butler's run this year is more impressive than last year, by far.  Last year, I thought (improperly, probably) they got a little lucky getting to face Syracuse without Onuaku and Wes Johnson playing but injured and KSU after their 2-OT game.  The MSU game I thought was their most impressive game.  Plus there was a lot of talk about the weak field, which I tend to agree with.

This year, they beat strength on strength halfcourt teams in Pitt and Wisconsin and then overcome that second half deficit against Florida, who is very good at every position and it appeared for most of the game had them dominated in the frontcourt.  Cannot believe how bad they made FL's guards look.  I hope Butler plays Kansas.  Shaping up to be a good Final Four.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2011, 01:10:05 AM »
As for the MSU part, why mention it took a month then, eh?  No alterior motive chico's?  Right, it really was necessary for what purpose then?

I said others said Deane was your drinking buddy, not me.  Good Lord, can you read?  If so, can you comprehend what you read?

Thanks for the childish comment.  I thought you said you were above such?  Oh, that is only when you play the victim card, right?   ::)

Sigh

Because, Mac, in that month of time between hiring and firing I was able to go through a lot of reflection...the wounds healed...that's why.  It was a pretty wild time to be in the department with all kinds of rumors on who was to be the coach.  Plus we were hosting the NCAA Tournament at the Bradley Center...it was pretty crazy.

You did say that others claimed that he was my drinking buddy....weren't you doing the same thing by bringing it up?  No ulterior motive Mac?   ;D 

For the record, that final year of Mike Deane's tenure we weren't allowed to drink publicly at ALL after games.  That was an edict put down from Father Leahy and Bill Cords because of an incident that occurred the year prior at one of the bars on campus and a member of the Athletic Department.  My memory is rock solid Mac and the drinking buddy and love interest is just childish on your part, whatever your motives. 

MountainCreekHouse

• Starter
  • Danktatoes
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2011, 06:39:03 AM »
Even after they lose howard, Butler will be able to compete as long as stevens is there. I'm a huge Butler fan from Indy, and ever since about 2001 the Butler program has just been managed superbly.
Farva:"Give me six Schlitzes."
O'Hagan: "Take it easy, Rod."
Farva: "Open bar, dude!"

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2011, 06:40:11 AM »
Yeah, just shows that mid majors can get the job done. Now.....
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2011, 08:11:51 AM »
Sigh

Because, Mac, in that month of time between hiring and firing I was able to go through a lot of reflection...the wounds healed...that's why.  It was a pretty wild time to be in the department with all kinds of rumors on who was to be the coach.  Plus we were hosting the NCAA Tournament at the Bradley Center...it was pretty crazy.

You did say that others claimed that he was my drinking buddy....weren't you doing the same thing by bringing it up?  No ulterior motive Mac?   ;D 

For the record, that final year of Mike Deane's tenure we weren't allowed to drink publicly at ALL after games.  That was an edict put down from Father Leahy and Bill Cords because of an incident that occurred the year prior at one of the bars on campus and a member of the Athletic Department.  My memory is rock solid Mac and the drinking buddy and love interest is just childish on your part, whatever your motives. 

The only question I have is whether it was a month to *find* a replacement for Deane, or MU simply had to wait until MSU was out of the tournament to *annouce* it. 

The story I had always heard was that Cords had made his mind up after speaking with Crean while MSU was at the Bradley Center for the NCAA tournament that year--but he couldn't announce anything for obvious reasons.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2011, 08:45:01 AM »
Marquette84--MU had decided on TC when MSU played at BC is correct. He was their first choice and needed to wait until NCAA run was completed.