Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] Time to pad the record books  (Read 2219 times)

PaintTouches

• All American
[Paint Touches] Time to pad the record books
« on: March 13, 2018, 01:05:56 PM »
The Treys Amigos have already climbed into the all-time single season records in a number of categories. A few extra games and the MU 3-point records may never come close to being touched.

https://painttouches.com/2018/03/13/time-to-pad-the-record-books/

jsglow

• All American
Re: [Paint Touches] Time to pad the record books
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 02:54:16 PM »
Rowsey could absolutely break DWade's single season scoring record.  And while FT%nomatta, we've got the two best in the history of the program at one time.  I sure wish they got to the line more.  Especially Markus.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 03:05:50 PM »
Steve Novak attempted less than 100 free throws while at Marquette? I figured he'd be top 5 at least....

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 03:08:25 PM »
Steve Novak attempted less than 100 free throws while at Marquette? I figured he'd be top 5 at least....

74/76 his senior year. He was over 90% every season, with a high of 84 attempts as a junior.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 03:09:18 PM »
Who is Mark Anglaval, and why did he not shoot more?
Oldies help me out

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 03:24:42 PM »
Oldies help me out

It's Anglavar.  Helluva nice guy.  Peru Illinois.  Had a buddy that knew him very well and he was an assistant for KO.  On the QT, we scalped off all the coaches tickets down in Knoxville.  Got open bar access as a result.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 03:30:25 PM »
Oldies help me out

Mark Anglavar was a freshman my senior year. Southpaw sharpshooter with beautiful form. Not super quick but very solid coming off of screens. Of course, the team sucked, it was the lowest low of the Dukiet lows, at 10-18. And the last year at the MECCA.

So, he was part of the transition to Kevin O'Neill, and was part of a solid backcourt tandem with Tony Smith, who was better at getting into the lane (and later developed a great jumpshot).

Anglavar was a very valuable player during a very difficult time.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 03:46:24 PM »
This puts into perspective the elite offensive talent we had this year.  Two guys in the Top 7 of program history for single season scoring.  Granted George, Butch, and Dean did not have benefit of 3 point shot, but this is some elite company for Andrew and Markus.

Hope Andrew leads the team to an NIT Championship and in so doing approaches D-Wade's single season record.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 04:55:46 PM »
Oldies help me out

And by the way, contemporaries of Mark are pups, not oldies.   ;D

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 05:04:42 PM »
It seems that it would be more fair to have two categories for many of these stats, so as not to denigrate the accomplishments of those who played when there were no 3's.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 06:50:32 PM »
This puts into perspective the elite offensive talent we had this year.  Two guys in the Top 7 of program history for single season scoring.  Granted George, Butch, and Dean did not have benefit of 3 point shot, but this is some elite company for Andrew and Markus.

Hope Andrew leads the team to an NIT Championship and in so doing approaches D-Wade's single season record.

Look, this can be a historic run.  Win 2 at home.  Beat the Irish in South Bend. Head to NYC and cut some nets.  An incredible challenge but not impossible.  Let's do it!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 07:09:57 PM »
Look, this can be a historic run.  Win 2 at home.  Beat the Irish in South Bend. Head to NYC and cut some nets.  An incredible challenge but not impossible.  Let's do it!

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the road to NYC went through Milwaukee. The Irish will have a tough second round no matter who makes it through.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 08:04:06 PM »
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the road to NYC went through Milwaukee. The Irish will have a tough second round no matter who makes it through.

Even better.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 08:29:32 PM »
And by the way, contemporaries of Mark are pups, not oldies.   ;D

Thank you. I forgot to mention in my reply that that was my first reaction...I'm no oldie!

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 08:31:57 PM »
Oldies help me out

Anglavar was Kevin O’neil’s Whipping boy.  He was a pure shooter forced to play PG his freshman year despite not being a true PG. 
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 09:54:20 PM »
Agree. This could be a fun run. Hopefully will be. I enjoyed our run to the NIT Champoinship while at MU. It was a fun ride. Would love to see us make a good run and think we stand a good chance. Notre Dame game could be a hell of game. I suspect ND will won their first two.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 10:35:14 PM »
Anglavar was Kevin O’neil’s Whipping boy.  He was a pure shooter forced to play PG his freshman year despite not being a true PG.
I believe you are thinking of robbie Logterman, no?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 10:39:44 PM »
I really hope we get Notre dame. It'll be a blast driving down to south bend to watch it

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 09:54:15 PM »
Think this deserves a bump. For all his current shortcomings as a PG, Markus is one of the best scorers in the history of the program.  He also probably played his best defensive game in a MU jersey tonight. For the first 38 minutes of the game he was the best player on the court all while playing injured. His overall value to the team and program will be up there with some of the greats by the time he's finished at Marquette.

feedback