Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Finishing with a flourish  (Read 9343 times)

cheebs09

• All American
Re: Finishing with a flourish
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2023, 06:16:24 PM »
But, won’t the game at Hinkle be Butler’s Senior Day?  I was informed  on another board that Senior Day turns otherwise indifferent teams into veritable Tigers. We should never forget the game at Seton Hall about 10 years ago.

If we played a team of real tigers, I think Muggsy would cheer for them to tear us apart.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2023, 07:37:47 PM »
Wrong color

Teal is one thing.

Royal Blue, TBD?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2023, 07:40:34 PM »
Uconn fans were saying that Neptune is notorious for that.

Him and the bench yell when guys take 3s. Stevie fired back and Neptune tried to cry for a Stevie tech.

Bardo was like, "It shouldn't be a tech on the player if the opposing bench started it."

I just hope none of our players do that at Butler, because it'll probably be a 1-point game. If we're lucky.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2023, 08:49:08 PM »
Bardo was like, "It shouldn't be a tech on the player if the opposing bench started it."

I just hope none of our players do that at Butler, because it'll probably be a 1-point game. If we're lucky.

I'll do it for them at the Butler game at Hinkle.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2023, 09:22:34 PM »
That Nova game felt like an NCAA tourney game. Good defense, slower pace, back and forth, etc. It was really nice to see MU lock down late on D and get the win. They definitely can win in different ways. Bodes well for March.

Good point, I thought the same thing.
It was really refreshing and enjoyable to watch Marquette in the 2H last night because we saw that defensive tenacity.

When the rubber meets the road versus a tough opponent in an elimination game, which it undoubtedly will, Marquette will have to turn up the lock down D and Shaka will have to figure out a way.
Good news is that he’s got several different ways offensively, and we’ve seen that they can lock down defensively.

Oh and it would be good if OMax showed up.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2023, 10:00:06 PM »

At least our coach will know the score this time.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2023, 10:09:37 PM »
At least our coach will know the score this time.

Ha!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2023, 10:22:19 PM »
It was a wonderful game to watch. So tight and dramatic. The thing with the pitcher was that last week Smart pulled out the pitcher at a team meeting and asked every player to write down what they could do to make the team better. Kolek wrote down 'encourage my teammates'. The bench guys brought it to the bench.  MU played great defense at the end and give OMax some credit for that. When he hits a couple of threes it fun but we don't need him for that. He should be posting because Oso is outside and even if OMax isn't getting the pass in the paint he's drawing a stout defender to breakdown the defense.  Don't ask Oso the take threes either. He's doing just fine. Big win of course. Butler on Saturday. No problem. Then the 2 game road trip (2 more wins) and back home for the Xavier game. And then it's Crieghton in Omaha. Who could ask for more??

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2023, 07:04:54 AM »
It was a wonderful game to watch. So tight and dramatic. The thing with the pitcher was that last week Smart pulled out the pitcher at a team meeting and asked every player to write down what they could do to make the team better. Kolek wrote down 'encourage my teammates'.
Is that what he was doing with Jop on that trip up the floor late in the game?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2023, 03:05:18 PM »
Is that what he was doing with Jop on that trip up the floor late in the game?
Tough brotherly love, yes
Goal is National Championship

feedback