[May 10, 2024, 10:38:04 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Vander Blue Man Group
[May 10, 2024, 09:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 10, 2024, 08:12:15 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by LloydsLegs
[May 10, 2024, 03:08:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Aaron Hutchins  (Read 14108 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Aaron Hutchins
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2019, 08:28:54 AM »
Didn’t realize it was Pat Hughes (current radio voice of the Cubs) on the call.

Yes, we hired Pat to be our play by play when I was in the athletic dept.  We had three different play by play announcers in the five+ years I was there. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2019, 08:33:07 AM »
Hutch took his time coming back from the ankle injury because of that disconnect.  Hutch also thought Deane was a racist.

Not that Hutch was innocent in the issues between him and Deane. Academic eligibility was always a worry with Hutch. Managers had to wait outside of classrooms to make sure Hutch was there and Dan Theiss was often responsible for marching Hutch to his classes.

He's had a tough go of it after college. The car accident that ended his draft prospects, his son dying young. I'm glad he finally came back and finished his degree.

Hutch did some other things, too, that drove Deane and staff crazy.  I’ll never forget some of the craziness because we lived it every day in the office.  Happy for him that he completed his degree.  I understand he and Deane were friendly at the 100th, hopefully the thoughts Hutch had at the time about him were a by product of immaturity and don’t carry through to today. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2019, 09:56:25 AM »
Hutch did some other things, too, that drove Deane and staff crazy.  I’ll never forget some of the craziness because we lived it every day in the office.  Happy for him that he completed his degree.  I understand he and Deane were friendly at the 100th, hopefully the thoughts Hutch had at the time about him were a by product of immaturity and don’t carry through to today.

They had shoes to drop too?  Shocking!

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2019, 09:58:41 AM »
So you are saying the rift was all Hutch's fault?  That's a load of BS. Deane was an A-hole to Hutch and many players. I was told he took it to a personal level and crossed a few boundaries.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2019, 11:09:45 AM »
So you are saying the rift was all Hutch's fault?  That's a load of BS. Deane was an A-hole to Hutch and many players. I was told he took it to a personal level and crossed a few boundaries.

I don't think he was saying that nor was I. Both shared responsibility.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2019, 11:15:40 AM »
I don't think he was saying that nor was I. Both shared responsibility.
That's not how I read Cheeks answer. I read it as Hutch was immature, and that was the reason for the riftbut since you and Cheeks are the same person ;D, OK

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2019, 11:47:23 AM »
They had shoes to drop too?  Shocking!

More like disposable socks....not even in the same zip code.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2019, 11:47:54 AM »

Uhm, no...I didn’t say that at all.  Please show me where I did.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2019, 11:53:03 AM »
That's not how I read Cheeks answer. I read it as Hutch was immature, and that was the reason for the riftbut since you and Cheeks are the same person ;D, OK

We are the same person. 

I will say it this way, I thought he was immature at the time...many people that age are.  The staff was demanding of certain things and in my opinion he felt he was being ganged up on.  Ultimately they wanted what was best for him and the program.  Staying eligible was important for them as coaches, also for him as a player.  That meant going to class, laying off some stuff, etc. 

The staff pushed that on everyone, regardless of seniority, race, ability, position, etc.  Do I feel the staff could have approached things different...yes.  Plenty of fault on both sides, but sometimes young people don’t get it until a decade or two later?

Have kids?  I’m sure you know what I am talking about or maybe if not yours, perhaps you have seen it with other kids.  I know from my own experiences as a kid that I went back years later to thank my parents when I was super pissed at them in the moment for forcing me to do certain things or depriving me of stuff that could hurt me. 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 01:16:33 PM by Cheeks »

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2019, 01:06:32 PM »
Well considering you  basically said hopefully maturity by Hutch changed his feelings. To me, that sounds like you are saying Deane did no wrong.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2019, 01:11:59 PM »
I know from my own experiences as a kid that I went back years later to thank my parents when I was super kissed at them in the moment for forcing me to do certain things or depriving me of stuff that could hurt me.

This explains some things...

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2019, 01:17:38 PM »
More like disposable socks....not even in the same zip code.

So, a racist coach who sexually assaulted a female donor in public is just a sock drop?  It sounds like the athletics Department had some weak players in place back in the day...now I know why.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2019, 01:24:17 PM »
This explains some things...

Autocorrect....lol

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2019, 01:24:54 PM »
Well considering you  basically said hopefully maturity by Hutch changed his feelings. To me, that sounds like you are saying Deane did no wrong.

Hopefully my further explanation did the trick

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2019, 01:28:11 PM »
So, a racist coach who sexually assaulted a female donor in public is just a sock drop?  It sounds like the athletics Department had some weak players in place back in the day...now I know why.

A racist coach?  Don’t tell Lens, that will be a crushing blow.

Maybe you should take it up with that coach’s boss at the time since other people there, especially subordinates would have no impact or even be privy to behaviors you allege.

Interesting if your accusations are true that said coach was embraced and invited back for the 100th celebration, while one former coach decided he was too busy.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2019, 02:44:38 PM »

do you have proof that Deane was a racist? He sure seemed to recruit a decent number of African-American kids for a racist.

And tell me about the donor thing. The word back on campus was he had an affair with the wife of a BOT member which was one of the things that led to his dismissal. Who knows if that was true or not...
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2019, 02:47:01 PM »
A racist coach?  Don’t tell Lens, that will be a crushing blow.

Maybe you should take it up with that coach’s boss at the time since other people there, especially subordinates would have no impact or even be privy to behaviors you allege.

Interesting if your accusations are true that said coach was embraced and invited back for the 100th celebration, while one former coach decided he was too busy.

Racist?  Never once recruited an Asian, could be.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2019, 02:49:20 PM »
do you have proof that Deane was a racist? He sure seemed to recruit a decent number of African-American kids for a racist.

And tell me about the donor thing. The word back on campus was he had an affair with the wife of a BOT member which was one of the things that led to his dismissal. Who knows if that was true or not...

If wife of BOT member regularly hung out at Bob's Barbershop or Hegs...maybe.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2019, 02:56:19 PM »
You confuse me, Billy Hoyle.  BTW, I never called Deane a racist.  I put a question mark at the end of my comment based on YOUR insider comment.

Hutch took his time coming back from the ankle injury because of that disconnect.  Hutch also thought Deane was a racist.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2019, 03:05:40 PM »

As has been witnessed and reported here by the Meat Heads, allegedly Deane-O took a bite out of a young, unsuspecting female lawyer alum’s posterior at Turners, among other things. Which is a sexual assault.

Yet, all of this is just a “disposable sock” to those in the AD at the time I hear. Just turn a blind eye when you are employed in the situation but it is a Scoop travesty when others do the same. 

#40yearstojudge
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 03:09:02 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2019, 03:12:41 PM »
Hopefully my further explanation did the trick
Nope.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2019, 04:16:54 PM »
Congratulations, Aaron! A great story.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2019, 05:02:06 PM »
Racist?  Never once recruited an Asian, could be.

True story.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2019, 05:04:51 PM »
As has been witnessed and reported here by the Meat Heads, allegedly Deane-O took a bite out of a young, unsuspecting female lawyer alum’s posterior at Turners, among other things. Which is a sexual assault.

Yet, all of this is just a “disposable sock” to those in the AD at the time I hear. Just turn a blind eye when you are employed in the situation but it is a Scoop travesty when others do the same. 

#40yearstojudge

First time I am ever hearing this is right now.  So not sure how a blind eye can be turned if said event was never known.   If a tree falls in the forest....

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2019, 05:33:38 PM »

Don't know about this, but I can confirm that Deane-O made quite a posterior of himself in public while on a road trip to the Big Easy.

feedback