* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 05:23:28 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by warriorchick
[May 18, 2024, 07:14:15 PM]

Home and Home with Maryland by WhiteTrash
[May 18, 2024, 01:04:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Wojo is our coach  (Read 11381 times)

Windyplayer

• All American
Wojo is our coach
« on: March 06, 2020, 10:28:36 AM »
I must admit I find it increasingly difficult to visit Scoop these days given the discussions are primarily focused on who our next coach is going to be when we are approaching postseason bball with a team squarely in the tournament. Is it too much to ask to support this team for the next 2-3 weeks - while curbing the vitriol and negativity - to see where the chips may fall and then use the 7-month off season to discuss the head coach position.

These discussion literally serve no purpose at this point in time other than to make players/coaches/recruits - should they chance upon these thread (which I suspect they do) - think negatively of the fan base and therefore a part of the program. If you need to vent, go scream into a pillow for now.

All that being said, Wojo is our coach and I will ride or die with him this year and reassess in April. Sooooo, who's coming with me????
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 10:30:33 AM by Windyplayer »

Bocephys

• All American
Re: Wojo is our coach
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 10:38:37 AM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 10:41:29 AM »
I must admit I find it increasingly difficult to visit Scoop these days given the discussions are primarily focused on who our next coach is going to be when we are approaching postseason bball with a team squarely in the tournament. Is it too much to ask to support this team for the next 2-3 weeks - while curbing the vitriol and negativity - to see where the chips may fall and then use the 7-month off season to discuss the head coach position.

These discussion literally serve no purpose at this point in time other than to make players/coaches/recruits - should they chance upon these thread (which I suspect they do) - think negatively of the fan base and therefore a part of the program. If you need to vent, go scream into a pillow for now.

All that being said, Wojo is our coach and I will ride or die with him this year and reassess in April. Sooooo, who's coming with me????

I'm in.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 10:42:46 AM »

Yesss sireee ! ! ! +1,000,000  Wojo goin' Nowhere ! ! !   8-)

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 10:46:50 AM »
Agreed.  The ban ultimatum last night definitely helped make this place more tolerable today.

Win a NCAA game and I'm OK with this year.  Sweet 16 and I consider it a successful season.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 11:24:39 AM »
I don't know about everyone else, but I am really glad another topic about our coaching situation was started.  I was beginning to think the two dozen we have wasn't enough.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 11:29:49 AM »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 11:32:17 AM »
Agreed.  The ban ultimatum last night definitely helped make this place more tolerable today.

Win a NCAA game and I'm OK with this year.  Sweet 16 and I consider it a successful season.

What was the ultimatum? I don't browse as much as I used to on Scoop as it has become near intolerable.

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2020, 11:44:54 AM »
Thank you for the sanity.  I am going to the McDonald's All American game in Houston on April 1st and will meet Dawson Garcia and his family at that time.  I'm looking forward to hearing more from him about his recruitment and ultimate decision to join the MU program.  I'm very confident Wojo will be Dawson's coach at least in the early stages of his college basketball career.  Hopefully a win on Saturday will stifle some of the incredibly negative Wojo comments on this board for at least a couple of days.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2020, 11:57:08 AM »
Oh look, another person who thinks the coaches/players read scoop.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2020, 11:59:46 AM »
Do you know they do not?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2020, 12:00:00 PM »
What was the ultimatum? I don't browse as much as I used to on Scoop as it has become near intolerable.
I got you bae

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=49325.msg1217920#msg1217920

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2020, 12:06:19 PM »
Do you know they do not?
I always assumed Whoajoe was Wojo. Only explanation. Where is that dude anyway? Posted 1115x/day then vanished (not that he’s missed).
No Finish Line

MU Buff

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2020, 12:11:55 PM »
I always assumed Whoajoe was Wojo. Only explanation. Where is that dude anyway? Posted 1115x/day then vanished (not that he’s missed).

He got the rarely seen ProJo banning

dajudge

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2020, 12:24:00 PM »

patso

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2020, 12:24:54 PM »
agreed

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2020, 12:25:33 PM »
I'm cheering for Markus and the team. I can't cheer against Marquette. It's not in my blood. But that doesn't mean I have to support the head coach or staff.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2020, 12:54:27 PM »
I kept supporting Crean till he went to It's Indiana even though there started to be a fair level of rumbling about his inability to make in game adjustments and not win an NCAA game since DWade.
I kept supporting Buzz even through the attacks on how he is not recruiting traditional 4 year players and should stop recruiting JUCOs.  He jumped ship for VT, but with a dismal last year performance, you wonder how vocal the attacks would of gotten with Buzz.
And hence, we now get to Wojo.  Recruits the 4 year players to satisfy the "traditional" player crowd.  Rebuilt the program to take a decent blow when the Hausers left.
Seems like the "Need a new Coach" banter never stops.   
Boring!

1SE

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2020, 12:58:11 PM »
I'm cheering for Markus and the team. I can't cheer against Marquette. It's not in my blood. But that doesn't mean I have to support the head coach or staff.

I hope we win the next 10 games. I will be cheering for MU to do that every step of the way. I would be amazed if this is the time when Wojo responds to adversity and shows his chops, but nothing would make me happier than to be wrong about Wojo and pleasantly surprised. I care far more about winning than about Wojo not being our coach. But if after 6 years Wojo shows he's not capable of winning the games that matter I'm ready to try my luck with someone new who might be able to.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2020, 12:58:34 PM »

Message boards serve no purpose to anyone outside of the fans participating.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2020, 12:59:30 PM »

I don't know if the coaches or players at MU read scoop, but from working with athletes down here at TAMU I can tell you that at least some student athletes do. I would assume that applies at other universities as well.

He got the dreaded permaban. Honestly, I think he was another scooper's parody account.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2020, 01:45:22 PM »

You echo my sentiments to a "T" brew. I will always root for MU regardless, but like you that's doesn't mean I have to support the coach. I am not happy with the collapse again, nor am I happy with where the season is at right now. However, I want them to go as far as possible to finish the year strong.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2020, 01:51:37 PM »
Honestly, I think he was another scooper's parody account.
What kind of sick bastard?!
No Finish Line

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2020, 01:53:22 PM »
Yes, lets let the season play out.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2020, 02:14:13 PM »
You echo my sentiments to a "T" brew. I will always root for MU regardless, but like you that's doesn't mean I have to support the coach. I am not happy with the collapse again, nor am I happy with where the season is at right now. However, I want them to go as far as possible to finish the year strong.

Agree 100%.

feedback