'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seat Donations and Reseating  (Read 6739 times)

MUEng92

• All American
Re: Seat Donations and Reseating
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2018, 05:58:19 AM »
I forgot I did have one complaint about the Fiserv. No fewer than 10-15 times during timeouts that damn spotlight on the bottom corner of the scoreboard shined directly in my eyeballs. It felt like the light physically penetrated the back of my eyeballs and made it to the inside of my skull. In other words, it's really fricken bright in your eyes. However, ironically, they are not very noticeable when they are moving around the crowd.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2018, 06:45:37 AM »
I'd rather all the monitors had the MU game on. Instead, it was Gonzaga/Creighton here, college football there, NBA somewhere else. Also, the Homer/Tony broadcast seems to be either sporadically piped in or set say a pretty low level throughout the game.
I want the TV's to have other college games on. Plus, the MU game.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2018, 06:59:25 AM »
I want the TV's to have other college games on. Plus, the MU game.

If there is a single TV anywhere, it should have the MU game on. If there are multiple teams, at least half should have the MU game on. I don't think we should ever have to be hunting to find the game while walking around the concourse.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2018, 07:45:13 AM »
Man it sounds like this new arena is horrible?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

LeftyWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2018, 07:58:30 AM »
I think I am a perfect example of how the new seating prices have devalued the point in the current system. The number of points still dictates when you can purchase season tickets. However, the lower rows in the mid-court sections now have a graduated mandatory donation amount that increase the closer to the court you get. I was willing to pay the increased amount for better seats and was able to get much better seats than in the past when there was less difference in donations as you got closer.

Points still matter, but the mandatory $$ donations per seat has caused some to select worse seats than they could have purchased, opening these seat to those who were willing to pay more.

Not sure how this will work next year. My contact at MU said this was a trial year to see what happened and to let STH get comfortable with the layout of the FF.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2018, 08:11:57 AM »

It sounds like you need to attend a game and draw your own conclusions.   :)
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2018, 09:00:25 AM »
No, not at all. The Fiserv Forum is great! Many are us, are just looking for 150% great.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2018, 09:00:49 AM »
Points still matter, but the mandatory $$ donations per seat has caused some to select worse seats than they could have purchased, opening these seat to those who were willing to pay more.

Agree with picking worse seats -- although "worse" is not always worse in the Chaluparena.  I'm in the upper half of 115.  I saw a friend in lower 114 (one section worse) and sat with him for 20 minutes and realized .. those seats are quite nice, and I think better than mine.   I didn't want to "downgrade" a section from the BC, so eliminated those tight corners .. but truth is, they have great sight lines. 

Next year, I'll "downgrade."

Not sure how this will work next year. My contact at MU said this was a trial year to see what happened and to let STH get comfortable with the layout of the FF.

What do you mean?  What's a trial this year?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2018, 01:13:40 PM »

K-State was my first game and I loved it. Night and day better than the BC.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2018, 02:09:22 PM »
K-State was my first game and I loved it. Night and day better than the BC.

I guess it just seems that way given 30+ posts if bitching n complaining
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2018, 02:14:51 PM »
I guess it just seems that way given 30+ posts if bitching n complaining

The Fiserv Forum is fantastic. Great sight lines, great amenities, great food and beer options. However, because it's brand new, every negative is going to be amplified, and the complaints always come out louder than the compliments. Just human (and message board) nature.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2018, 02:27:25 PM »
I think I am a perfect example of how the new seating prices have devalued the point in the current system. The number of points still dictates when you can purchase season tickets. However, the lower rows in the mid-court sections now have a graduated mandatory donation amount that increase the closer to the court you get. I was willing to pay the increased amount for better seats and was able to get much better seats than in the past when there was less difference in donations as you got closer.

This is also how it worked out for me. I got slightly better seats compared to last year without make a reseating donation. There were still many seats available in my area long after I picked my seats. I am very happy with my seats. However, it is a lot of stairs up and down. Especially since I tore a muscle in my left leg playing volley ball last Thursday. To get to the concourse at halftime we have to fight the people coming down the stairs to go through the tunnel going to the Marquette room. It was a lot easier to get to the concourse at the BMO Center. I think the stairs will keep many older people from picking seats below row 16, which should allow me to continue sitting in lower rows next year without making a reseating donation.