'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dominic James Was Outstanding Last Night  (Read 15636 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Dominic James Was Outstanding Last Night
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2009, 04:30:06 PM »
Curry is just able to do it as good, and more.

With an assist to turnover ratio of 1.5/1 for a point guard he might as well be playing for the other team.  As a PG is tasked with touching the ball every possession, like a quarterback, it would be counterproductive to give that ball to someone that has such an abysmal assist to turnover ratio.

Curry isn't a PG.  He's their entire offense.

There's an argument to be made saying that if he were on a better team that he'd maybe get more assists and facilitate the offense.  But he's not.  I mean, even Luke Harangody has a 1.26/1 assist to turnover ratio.  Why not give him the Cousy award?  He's as much of a PG as Curry is.

1617novakn

• Walk-On
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2009, 04:55:53 PM »
haha cute stat. Gody is a sure a magician with the rock.

Does he bring the ball up? yes

Does he run the offense? yes

Both Acie Law and Jameer Nelson had a/t ratios under 2. Nelson's was like 1.6. Oh yeah, they won the award.

Counterpoint: Curry is a PG, a PG that scores at will.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2009, 05:06:53 PM »
haha cute stat. Gody is a sure a magician with the rock.

Does he bring the ball up? yes

Does he run the offense? yes

Both Acie Law and Jameer Nelson had a/t ratios under 2. Nelson's was like 1.6. Oh yeah, they won the award.

Counterpoint: Curry is a PG, a PG that scores at will.

I think Marcus Jackson got robbed from the award then since he brought the ball up and ran the offense. Must have been a PG.
But I like to throw handfuls...

1617novakn

• Walk-On
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2009, 06:11:25 PM »
I don't know who Marcus Johnson is, so I am not going to touch that. If he brings the ball up the court, and he starts the offense (all game/when you are in the game), then yes. he is the point guard. I learned that in 7th grade basketball.

Do we really want to get into what a point guard is? Is Dominic James the only PG in the NCAA? I mean if you want to get technical, DJ plays the 2 when Acker comes in.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2009, 06:32:37 PM »
I don't know who Marcus Johnson is, so I am not going to touch that. If he brings the ball up the court, and he starts the offense (all game/when you are in the game), then yes. he is the point guard. I learned that in 7th grade basketball.

Do we really want to get into what a point guard is? Is Dominic James the only PG in the NCAA? I mean if you want to get technical, DJ plays the 2 when Acker comes in.

Then YOU are not a true MU fan.  MJax was MU's point-center after Travis got hurt his senior year, 04-05. That year he had an A/T ration of 1.4.  He was a decent bench contributor who played very well at JUCO before coming to MU in 2003.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2009, 06:46:35 PM »
hey you may want to check, but I think your panties are officially bundled.

1617novakn

• Walk-On
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2009, 06:48:50 PM »
edited: none of this is productive. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:07:17 AM by mu_hilltopper »

nola03

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2009, 08:55:43 PM »
Im sure you just rattled that 1.4 ratio off from memory right? Wow you are so smart. I am genuinely dazzled.

Give me a break. Like a lot of your other 106 douches I dont claim to be a Warrior, or a Diener lover. I love Big East ball. I love Dom. I love Wes. Guess what? Next year, Ill love Jeronne and Junior.

I didn't grow up around here. I did things in high school like, I dunno....chase girls and play my own sports. I didn't pretend to be a fan of a school in a city I had never been to. I apologize if my fandom for MU bball was not as great as yours - when we were both in 3rd grade or 10th grade for that matter. Right now, I am just as big of a MU fan that you are. Shame on you are your unfounded elistism.

By the way, I know you are the douchey kid with the fro and the sunglasses. Everyone behind the front row hates you. When you turn around and try to start a cheer we laugh at you. By we, I mean everyone. Please, do not turn around and stomp your feet. I am trying to watch the game, and the relection from your aviators is very distracting.

All 106ers think they are the greatest MU fans of all time because they spend 6 hours outside in Wisconsin winter to get "good" seats. I saw "good" because....ummmm let see....the basket is in the way? I've been down there, the seats suck. 106 front rowers love have the identity of "the ultimate fan"  0 they love the face time. Excuse me if I forget to bow

Cool to see the hate still exists at Marquette.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2009, 09:09:35 PM »
Im sure you just rattled that 1.4 ratio off from memory right? Wow you are so smart. I am genuinely dazzled.

Give me a break. Like a lot of your other 106 douches I dont claim to be a Warrior, or a Diener lover. I love Big East ball. I love Dom. I love Wes. Guess what? Next year, Ill love Jeronne and Junior.

I didn't grow up around here. I did things in high school like, I dunno....chase girls and play my own sports. I didn't pretend to be a fan of a school in a city I had never been to. I apologize if my fandom for MU bball was not as great as yours - when we were both in 3rd grade or 10th grade for that matter. Right now, I am just as big of a MU fan that you are. Shame on you are your unfounded elistism.

By the way, I know you are the douchey kid with the fro and the sunglasses. Everyone behind the front row hates you. When you turn around and try to start a cheer we laugh at you. By we, I mean everyone. Please, do not turn around and stomp your feet. I am trying to watch the game, and the relection from your aviators is very distracting.

All 106ers think they are the greatest MU fans of all time because they spend 6 hours outside in Wisconsin winter to get "good" seats. I saw "good" because....ummmm let see....the basket is in the way? I've been down there, the seats suck. 106 front rowers love have the identity of "the ultimate fan"  0 they love the face time. Excuse me if I forget to bow

Are you just bitter that after you graduate this year the job market is in the tank and you will have to move home??

1617novakn

• Walk-On
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2009, 10:05:32 PM »
edited: none of this is productive. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:07:31 AM by mu_hilltopper »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2009, 10:08:19 PM »

Are you bitter?  You sound bitter.

1617novakn

• Walk-On
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2009, 10:09:55 PM »
If you're offering.... I could use a hug.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2009, 06:44:43 AM »

Actually these are personal attacks.  I just asked a question if you are bitter because you will have to move home because you won't be able to find a job.

But after thinking it over, I don't think you are bitter, I imagine you are just a privileged, collar-popped, uber-douche who thinks his crap doesn't stink.  In other words this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLpx_yioYik

So you and your "cool" friends keep up this awesome attitude, it will take you places.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 07:56:05 AM by reinko »

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2009, 07:51:41 AM »
I welcome personal attacks. You thinking I'm an A-hole is better than most of the nonsense on this thread.

Dude

We get it.  You have priorities other than basketball.  Cool.

Why do you spend so much time on this site?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2009, 08:10:10 AM »
Not so much any longer.  Maybe next season. 

Sorry I didn't notice this guy earlier; someone brought it to our attention.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2009, 12:20:35 PM »
I was simply referencing MJax's a/to ratio because the stat was brought up earlier.  Also, haven't had the aviators since I buzzed the fro off either.  The foot stomping makes a helluva lot of noise, especially when the rest of the students aren't making any noise.  Glad you speak for everyone. I care so much what you and everyone else in the student section thinks.

feedback