'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Levin made an important Contribution To The Program  (Read 3835 times)

Texas Western

• All American
Levin made an important Contribution To The Program
« on: October 09, 2014, 08:34:56 PM »
I have been traveling and hadn't had time to post the last few days. Just wanted to say thanks to Gabe Levin for the contribution he made to the program in his brief time with us. I  recognize the major news of the day is Henry committing. Remember when Levin chose MU over ND and Northwestern it was a boost of energy for recruiting  Wojo needed.

So I am sorry it didn't work out for Gabe. I think if he would have hung in there he would have found himself playing an important role. He was a proven player. However, I am thankful for the fact that he did have the confidence to join the program at the time he did. He pointed out for everyone that Wojo had a plan and he believed in it.  His commitment allowed Wojo to get out of the gates fast and keep our name out  there in a positive way.  I believe it was a helpful building block for the rest of the recruiting efforts. Building momentum for the program was essential to staying in the game with Ellenson. I hope he Gabe finds a home that makes sense and I will be rooting for him.

Fullodds

• All American
Re: Levin made an important Contribution To The Program
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 08:41:15 PM »
Gabe Levin Bobblehead night?

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 08:48:08 PM »
I have been traveling and hadn't had time to post the last few days. Just wanted to say thanks to Gabe Levin for the contribution he made to the program in his brief time with us. I  recognize the major news of the day is Henry committing. Remember when Levin chose MU over ND and Northwestern it was a boost of energy for recruiting  Wojo needed.

So I am sorry it didn't work out for Gabe. I think if he would have hung in there he would have found himself playing an important role. He was a proven player. However, I am thankful for the fact that he did have the confidence to join the program at the time he did. He pointed out for everyone that Wojo had a plan and he believed in it.  His commitment allowed Wojo to get out of the gates fast and keep our name out  there in a positive way.  I believe it was a helpful building block for the rest of the recruiting efforts. Building momentum for the program was essential to staying in the game with Ellenson. I hope he Gabe finds a home that makes sense and I will be rooting for him.

Are you for real? Maybe a distant relative?? I don't think any recruits care where Gabe Levin decided to transfer to. As for believing in Wojo's plan, well he must have lost a lot of faith very quickly. Why we heap praise on these guys that come in and transfer right away is beyond me...I don't think we should trash them, but this post comes off as nothing but a puff piece for a guy who really doesn't deserve it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 08:51:24 PM »
Yeah I wish the guy well, but he didn't do anything for the program.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 10:51:31 PM »
Are you for real? Maybe a distant relative?? I don't think any recruits care where Gabe Levin decided to transfer to. As for believing in Wojo's plan, well he must have lost a lot of faith very quickly. Why we heap praise on these guys that come in and transfer right away is beyond me...I don't think we should trash them, but this post comes off as nothing but a puff piece for a guy who really doesn't deserve it.
I feel he should have stayed but I also feel he helped us at a time we needed it and just wanted to present an alternative thought. Seems like a lot of people were trashing kid. Being recruited over is not an easy thing to deal with.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 08:40:24 AM »
No one is trashing the kid, but Henry Ellenson and Haanif Cheatam didn't wake up one day and say "Hey...you know that Gabe Levin kid that had a decent year at Loyola Marymount?  He just transferred to Marquette.   Maybe I *should* commit there."

It's silly.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 08:44:44 AM »
I do not actually, know but I always felt landing an early recruit was good for recruiting momentum.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 08:51:00 AM »
OP is a little over the top, but I agree to the extent that it firmly re-established the pecking order for recruits when it comes to Midwest private schools. Losing out for whatever reason to NW or ND would have been a downer.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 08:56:16 AM »
That's how I understand it as well.
In the end, we beat out ND and NU and opened a schollie which I have no doubts will be an upgrade.  For that, thank you Gabe.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 09:08:13 AM »
So he basically was a slump buster?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 09:20:37 AM »
OP is a little over the top, but I agree to the extent that it firmly re-established the pecking order for recruits when it comes to Midwest private schools. Losing out for whatever reason to NW or ND would have been a downer.

And ultimately irrelevant to the bigger recruits that Wojo has secured since then.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 12:54:42 PM »
So he basically was a slump buster?

That's a very good summation of this thread's premise.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback