[Today at 11:29:24 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 10:38:12 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 10:31:55 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by lawdog77
[Today at 07:08:02 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Could he get it more wrong?  (Read 6352 times)

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Re: Could he get it more wrong?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 01:05:21 AM »
What do you expect from Bleacher Report? At least their write-up on VPI's Madness event was funny: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2210222-20-midnight-madness-celebrations-we-cant-wait-to-see-for-the-2014-15-season/page/22

I don't know what's more surprising, the YMCA part or the shooting demonstrations.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 08:04:06 AM »
I don't know what's more surprising, the YMCA part or the shooting demonstrations.

The YMCA is just a temporary home until the state of the art Seth Greenburg Center is completed.

RubyWiscy

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 08:10:51 AM »
Well, if you want to look at things from a totally cynical point of view...

Tums Festival

• All American
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 08:21:09 AM »
Well, if you want to look at things from a totally cynical point of view...

Nah, totally cynical would have included pointing out that the Y will be mostly empty when the VPI fans realize it's basketball, not football.

leever

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 08:26:59 AM »
Is there some sort of post season award for being "better than DePaul"?

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 08:47:13 AM »
How f*ing dumb can you be?

Todd Mayo isnt coming back, for one. That means this quote is, well, ridiculous:

Steve Wojciechowski does retain Todd Mayo, Deonte Burton and Derrick Wilson while also adding BYU's Matt Carlino, but they might set an all-time record for worst rebounding margin in a season.

Secondly, rebounding is as much positioning as it is height, though I admit height helps. With slashing guards and a wide open game, which I hope we will have this year, I don't think we will have as severe a problem as he suggests.

I guess I like this stuff. When we make the tournament and then knock off teams who take us for granted -- and when Coach Wojo is coach of the year -- I'm just going to smile and think, "wow!"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 10:29:21 AM »
Besides the Mayo part, he is pretty much right. On paper, we should finish 9th in the Big East. That's all you can really expect from writers who have no affiliation with the program. Fortunately for us, basketball is not played on paper. I don't know if we'll make the tournament, but I'm pretty sure we do better than most think we will
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 10:34:13 AM »
Besides the Mayo part, he is pretty much right. On paper, we should finish 9th in the Big East. That's all you can really expect from writers who have no affiliation with the program. Fortunately for us, basketball is not played on paper. I don't know if we'll make the tournament, but I'm pretty sure we do better than most think we will

Exactamundo.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 10:35:08 AM »
Never link or click on bleacher report anything. Starve the beast and pray it dies.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 10:35:41 AM »
Is there some sort of post season award for being "better than DePaul"?

No, but by not finishing behind DePaul, MU avoids winning the "Bob Dukiet" award.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 10:42:51 AM »
I think people are severely underestimating the impact JJJ and Duane will have on this team. They seem to be the forgotten couple outside of MU circles and both were highly touted recruits who haven't really had an opportunity to play yet. Put those guys with the rest of the talent--Burton, Taylor, Carlino, hopefully Fischer, and I wouldn't be surprised if we made the tournament.

We don't need everything to go right, just a few players to step up their game.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 11:42:22 AM »
I think people are severely underestimating the impact JJJ and Duane will have on this team. They seem to be the forgotten couple outside of MU circles and both were highly touted recruits who haven't really had an opportunity to play yet. Put those guys with the rest of the talent--Burton, Taylor, Carlino, hopefully Fischer, and I wouldn't be surprised if we made the tournament.

exactamundo!

NCAA here we come!

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 04:25:25 PM »

Last season was proof of that!

Marqevans

• All American

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 05:17:02 PM »

I'm drinking the Kool-Aid too. I see Jajuannaman, Duane, and Taylor busting out. These guys wanna make a statement after last year.