Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DJ Carton, Justin Lewis, Dawson Garcia: How many transfer?  (Read 27044 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: DJ Carton, Justin Lewis, Dawson Garcia: How many transfer?
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2021, 06:07:46 PM »
IT IS A FREE TRANSFER YEAR. DO you think Garcia’s people will hear from Minnesota or Ohio State or Kentucky? You think the same guy that fostered the Trevor Mbakwe transfer is going to get involved? Of course. Garcia will be heavily recruited to transfer as will Maryland and others for Justin Lewis. Carton is not a pro at this time. Iowa gonna contact him?

So let’s keep the bad coach so he can continue to underperform with these players?  That makes no sense. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2021, 06:09:03 PM »
IT IS A FREE TRANSFER YEAR. DO you think Garcia’s people will hear from Minnesota or Ohio State or Kentucky? You think the same guy that fostered the Trevor Mbakwe transfer is going to get involved? Of course. Garcia will be heavily recruited to transfer as will Maryland and others for Justin Lewis. Carton is not a pro at this time. Iowa gonna contact him?
i wasnt aware if you transfer after this season u automatically get to play next. i guess its more plausible then

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2021, 06:14:59 PM »
i wasnt aware if you transfer after this season u automatically get to play next. i guess its more plausible then

That could be an advantage to MU if they were to make a coaching change. The new coach would have his own connections to players. If there would be any off-season to accelerate a total rebuild, it would be this one.

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2021, 06:23:28 PM »
That could be an advantage to MU if they were to make a coaching change. The new coach would have his own connections to players. If there would be any off-season to accelerate a total rebuild, it would be this one.
Hear me out: the most likely scenario is a low D1 guy moving up or an assistant, as we have done. Where are the recruits coming from? The guys they are already recruiting? Are we prepared to have our incoming recruits re-open? Absolute worst time.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2021, 06:25:28 PM »
Sounds like paralysis by analysis, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

panda

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2021, 06:25:36 PM »
Hear me out: the most likely scenario is a low D1 guy moving up or an assistant, as we have done. Where are the recruits coming from? The guys they are already recruiting? Are we prepared to have our incoming recruits re-open? Absolute worst time.

What gives you faith about a Wojo coached team?

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2021, 06:28:52 PM »
What gives you faith about a Wojo coached team?
A Wojo coached team with Garcia, Lewis and Carton is better than a starting 5 of Akanno, Torrence, Elliott, Oso and Perez, no?

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2021, 06:30:52 PM »
isnt effed up to recruit players already on teams that havent annouced they are transferring etc

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2021, 06:32:18 PM »

Is this Dodds?  I've read some of his posts on the 247 website where he refers to "Mrs. Gato".  If that's the case, the slurpery comes as no surprise.

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2021, 06:34:52 PM »
A Wojo coached team with Garcia, Lewis and Carton is better than a starting 5 of Akanno, Torrence, Elliott, Oso and Perez, no?

Not really. I would rather pull the bandaid off and move on.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2021, 06:37:45 PM »
Is this Dodds?  I've read some of his posts on the 247 website where he refers to "Mrs. Gato".  If that's the case, the slurpery comes as no surprise.
Not “slurpery” and not Dodds. I just do not think this is the right time, for sure. I think this year MU will lose the core of this team if Wojo is dusted. I said this to someone I was texting with. I am 64 years old. I expect I have about a 10 year window to return to the promised land. I do not want MU to get into a massive rebuild based on my age. I would much prefer that Wojo is successful. Again, a low D1 Or top assistant isn’t likely to bring any highly sought recruits. We lose our seniors, our recruiting class and very likely Garcia, Lewis and Carton. So we will have a Dukiet style rebuild in a far more difficult situation. Not “slurpery” just facts.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2021, 06:41:31 PM »

Gato is certainly no Dodds.  You spring chickens should get to know MU message board posters a bit - gato has been around a long time..

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2021, 06:42:31 PM »
Wojo is not getting us to the promised land. He likely isn’t going to become a better coach either.
Next year with a new coach will we be worse? Yes. Will we still be mediocre at best in 3 years with wojo? Yes.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2021, 06:43:00 PM »
Not “slurpery” and not Dodds. I just do not think this is the right time, for sure. I think this year MU will lose the core of this team if Wojo is dusted. I said this to someone I was texting with. I am 64 years old. I expect I have about a 10 year window to return to the promised land. I do not want MU to get into a massive rebuild based on my age. I would much prefer that Wojo is successful. Again, a low D1 Or top assistant isn’t likely to bring any highly sought recruits. We lose our seniors, our recruiting class and very likely Garcia, Lewis and Carton. So we will have a Dukiet style rebuild in a far more difficult situation. Not “slurpery” just facts.
You most likely lose those players after next year anyway. If you think Wojo needs to go, which most people do, then you make the move this season and let the rebuild begin. What does one more year of average or slightly above get you?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2021, 06:47:29 PM »

You'll never know until you try. Nothin' worse than to sink slowly into quicksand, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2021, 06:49:21 PM »

You'll never know until you try. Nothin' worse than to sink slowly into quicksand, aina?
The logic I expect from someone who uses the term “Aina.”

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2021, 06:50:29 PM »
If you think Wojo needs to go, which most people do

Your stats seem a bit off according to this poll:
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=61325.0

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2021, 06:51:13 PM »
The logic I expect from someone who uses the term “Aina.”
It's a hell of a lot better logic than you are using.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2021, 06:51:33 PM »
By all means, lets stick w/the coach who has accomplished squat in 7 years. Yeah, double down on more of the same. What a brilliant strategy  :o

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2021, 06:53:17 PM »
It's a hell of a lot better logic than you are using.
Nice conclusion but what are the facts that led you there? Are you saying that I am wrong that there would be massive player defections if Wojo is fired THIS YEAR?

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2021, 06:53:41 PM »
Your stats seem a bit off according to this poll:
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=61325.0
I think wojo will be back also. That's different than thinking he should be back.

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2021, 06:56:43 PM »
Nice conclusion but what are the facts that led you there? Are you saying that I am wrong that there would be massive player defections if Wojo is fired THIS YEAR?

There very well could be. And we could get the band back together next year if we held onto Wojo.

But to what end? You say you have ten years left to enjoy MU basketball. How does Wojo coming back get you closer to where you want this program to go?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2021, 06:57:00 PM »
If Wojo goes, all three are gone. Carton’s mom had to defend her son on Twitter from a pissed off MU fan after the game. Nice that the fan base is showing so much class. Billboard solicitation? Yeah, that is a good for the university and the program. One thing I know, the players love Wojo. This year is the worst year for a change—the entire cast can go without sitting out. So whomever would take Wojo’s place is going to have a massive rebuild. How many years do we want to spend on another rebuild? If it is warranted, it needs to wait a year.

Hi Gato.  What do you and Mrs. Gato suggest we do exactly?  Because these are extremely troubling times for MU hoops. 

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2021, 07:00:39 PM »
Hi Gato.  What do you and Mrs. Gato suggest we do exactly?  Because these are extremely troubling times for MU hoops.
Simple, he gets one more year. If the core group cannot do anything next year, let him go. However, I think Carton, Lewis and Garcia are really good and they will develop into very good players. If not, fine but we will be seeing several years worth of bad basketball—next year could be the worst since Dukiet if Wojo is axed this year.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2021, 07:00:55 PM »
What fluffy (sultan) said