[May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 20, 2024, 03:33:38 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[May 20, 2024, 05:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ben Howland waiting for a call  (Read 5844 times)

avid1010

• All American
Ben Howland waiting for a call
« on: March 26, 2014, 07:24:23 PM »
hunt (who i know many like to bash) has wrote multiple times that ben howland is just waiting for the call from MU.  why the hell hasn't he gotten the call?  we've heard he wants too much money (i don't believe that), and we've heard some donors have an issue with him.  big mistake if we pass on howland for someone like martin or weber (and i'm giving no credibility to wardle). 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Ben Howland waiting for a call
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 07:24:56 PM »
hunt (who i know many like to bash) has wrote multiple times that ben howland is just waiting for the call from MU.  why the hell hasn't he gotten the call?  we've heard he wants too much money (i don't believe that), and we've heard some donors have an issue with him.  big mistake if we pass on howland for someone like martin or weber (and i'm giving no credibility to wardle). 

Patiece!

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 07:25:45 PM »
Maybe David Gruber should ring him up?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 07:26:02 PM »
Patiece!
I love how many new inside jokes have come out of the last 3 days.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 07:26:48 PM »
Patiece!

I love you Keefe.  patience.  And I am waiting patiently. 

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 07:28:54 PM »
Keefe if this doesn't pan out.....
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 07:29:08 PM »
Maybe David Gruber should ring him up?

Is that the local MU Booster?

Whatever happened to the lawyer who lived in those apartments on WI Ave next to the Brooks Memorial Union who defended Hell's Angels and notorious criminals? His name was Alan something...like Eisenberg. He would sometimes show up at late at night at the Ardmore to shoot pool. Even had his own mug, if I recall. Guy would habd out his business cards telling us if we ever got busted to call him day or night.

Death on call

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 07:29:58 PM »
Keefe if this doesn't pan out.....

One of your strings will pop?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 07:30:52 PM »

Whatever happened to the lawyer who lived in those apartments on WI Ave next to the Brooks Memorial Union who defended Hell's Angels and notorious criminals? His name was Alan something...like Eisenberg. He would sometimes show up at late at night at the Ardmore to shoot pool. Even had his own mug, if I recall. Guy would habd out his business cards telling us if we ever got busted to call him day or night.

I think he kicked the bucket a few years back.

Have a deposition at his office 10 years ago or so.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 07:32:21 PM »
Gruber's commercials are themed, " one call, that's all."
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jet915

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 07:34:41 PM »
Patiece!

Anyone figure out what this means again?  If Howland's waiting for the call, it's probably because MU is waiting for Shaka to decide.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 07:35:58 PM »

All I've heard is Howland's asking price is high, but not too high. The too high thing got started by that badly titled thread from Monday.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

melissasmooth

• Team Captain
  • yeah
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 07:37:11 PM »
All I've heard is Howland's asking price is high, but not too high. The too high thing got started by that badly titled thread from Monday.

Monday seems like years ago
MU15

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 07:37:39 PM »

i don't know if he died, but he has his licensed revoked a few years ago.  met him a few times...character to say the least.  always appreciated his pimp hat.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 07:39:49 PM by avid1010 »

Milwarriorkee

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 07:44:45 PM »
i don't know if he died, but he has his licensed revoked a few years ago.  met him a few times...character to say the least.  always appreciated his pimp hat.

He is alive, I believe. Had his law license revoked, now deals in real estate, I believe. I watched his revocation hearing before the state Supreme Court not too long ago. It was a spectacle.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 07:46:16 PM »

Works in real estate now. Met him once back in the late 80's.

http://www.alaneisenberg.com/
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Logi4three

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 07:47:17 PM »
Anyone figure out what this means again?  If Howland's waiting for the call, it's probably because MU is waiting for Shaka to decide.

Yes.  SS missed his deadline to get back to MU and MU scheduled a presser for tomorrow at 2pm.  If SS doesn't change his mind over night, the call gets made to BH (or perhaps he is announced as HC at that time).  Read the Howland Makes Changes to his Twitter Page string and the Goose Leaving The Country string and you will understand the only "amateur hour" activities are on this forum from about 4pm on.  

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=43147.0
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=43159.0

Class71

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 07:47:31 PM »
He is alive, I believe. Had his law license revoked, now deals in real estate, I believe. I watched his revocation hearing before the state Supreme Court not too long ago. It was a spectacle.

Was he related to William Kunstler in spirit?
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

chapman

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 07:50:33 PM »

I hope the search team is bright enough to know the ROI difference between the D-list candidates and a Howland.  Tournament shares, attendance, donations.  Then again, hiring a cheapy would probably just involve scaling back the entire basketball budget

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 08:01:32 PM »
I think he kicked the bucket a few years back.

Have a deposition at his office 10 years ago or so.

When I was at Marquette in 00-04 I student taught at Milwaukee HS of Arts on 23rd and Highland.  While walking I used to pass his law office that was on 23rd and Wells I think.
Always wondered what a guy with a Jewish last name was doing in area like that.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 08:05:44 PM »
Works in real estate now. Met him once back in the late 80's.

http://www.alaneisenberg.com/

That website is almost as entertaining as Scoop has been the last 48 hours.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 08:45:25 PM »
Yes.  SS missed his deadline to get back to MU and MU scheduled a presser for tomorrow at 2pm.  If SS doesn't change his mind over night, the call gets made to BH (or perhaps he is announced as HC at that time).  Read the Howland Makes Changes to his Twitter Page string and the Goose Leaving The Country string and you will understand the only "amateur hour" activities are on this forum from about 4pm on.  

I was thinking this. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 08:47:34 PM »
Ben maybe made that one call and  that what is all it took.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 11:20:51 PM »

Relax.  Respect the process.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter