'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] Leftovers from Anaheim  (Read 2419 times)

ToddRosiakSays

[Rosiak's Blog] Leftovers from Anaheim
« on: March 20, 2008, 09:00:06 PM »
Leftovers from Anaheim

Written by: Todd Rosiak

Anaheim, Calif. -- I'll be touching on all the major points, and then some, in the game coverage I did for our print and online sections from MU's 74-66 victory over Kentucky on Thursday.

Here's a few leftover items to tide you over until then...

-- I'm not sure if it was shown on TV, but shortly after Kentucky's Joe Crawford fouled out (following a career peformance, by the way), Dominic James made his way over to the Kentucky bench and spoke to him briefly.

It reminded me a lot of what Ronald Steele did following Alabama's victory over MU in San Diego two years ago, except this time it was a junior consoling a senior who'd just played his last collegiate game.

"He played a heck of a ballgame -- 35 points," James said when asked what he said to Crawford. "I mean, you saw the performance out there, and he put his heart out there on the floor. So out of respect to him and his teammates, I just told him to keep his head up and keep playing the game that he loves."

Crawford, clearly upset afterward about the way things ended, said he appreciated James' gesture.

-- Don't think that players don't learn lessons over the course of the season.

I had a perfect view of Crawford's last three-pointer that pulled Kentucky to within 68-63 with 38.1 seconds left, and in his attempt to defend, James ran up on Crawford, stopped and put both arms straight in the air, taking every precaution not to foul him.

-- Play of the game had to be Lazar Hayward's dunk in the second half.

Running the floor in transition, Hayward took a pass from McNeal in stride and, without slowing down, proceeded to posterize the Wildcats' Derrick Jasper with a one-hander right down the lane that earned some oohs and aahs from the crowd.

Hayward missed a dunk attempt badly late in the first half when the ball appeared to slip out of his hands.

-- MU fans will love hearing, I'm sure, that Tim Higgins was in the house and courtside for MU's game on Thursday.

It'll be interesting to see if he winds up drawing the assignment Saturday for MU-Stanford.

-- MU is 4-0 all-time against Stanford. I'll have a more in-depth look at the Cardinal tomorrow, following the media sessions.

-- My bracket is already blown up, and the first day isn't even over yet. How's everyone else's?

I'm convinced that the more you think you know about college basketball, the worse you do in those things.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/muhoops/archive/2008/03/20/leftovers-from-anaheim.aspx

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] Leftovers from Anaheim
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 09:15:10 PM »
-- MU fans will love hearing, I'm sure, that Tim Higgins was in the house and courtside for MU's game on Thursday.

It'll be interesting to see if he winds up drawing the assignment Saturday for MU-Stanford.

wow.. so he sat and watched our game... and didn't whistle once... that's gotta be a record.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

BaltimoreMC

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 09:21:19 PM »
Tim Higgins, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....I will only feel beter if that guy is on the other side of the Mississippi.  He better not ref the MU game!

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 10:06:16 PM »
I saw Higgins reffing one of the evening games and almost threw up my dinner.  It makes me nauseous just knowing he is in the same state as MU.  Isn't there a rule that refs from a team's conference can't ref their games?

And if not, can we get one instituted immediately?  If he is the ref on Saturday, I don't think I can watch.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 10:23:00 PM »
Crap.  Higgins even yelled at me to shut up and sit down at the PITT game.   Rotten bastard.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 11:07:04 PM »
Rosiak's bracket is blown up?  Really....who was he picking today? 

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 11:14:34 PM »
Crap.  Higgins even yelled at me to shut up and sit down at the PITT game.   Rotten bastard.

that was hilarious! i'm really surprised he didn't give me and the others yelling at him a technical, it was a little foul at times... :-[

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 11:19:15 PM »

that was hilarious! i'm really surprised he didn't give me and the others yelling at him a technical, it was a little foul at times... :-[

man i wish i was there for that. would love to know what you guys said to him to get a reaction out of him.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 11:25:30 PM »

man i wish i was there for that. would love to know what you guys said to him to get a reaction out of him.

probably just the truth...
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 12:54:34 AM »
Rosiak's bracket is blown up?  Really....who was he picking today? 

I was wondering that too.  Even the vast majority of people in your pool Chicos only missed one or two.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 08:09:39 AM »
Titan -- did he yell at you as the mascot? Shouldn't he be paying more attention to the game?

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 09:50:21 AM »
Higgins has clearly shown it is possible to ref a game without watching it!