'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[Today at 04:10:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Vander to the NBA draft  (Read 71290 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Rumors of Vander leaving
« Reply #225 on: April 16, 2013, 12:01:27 AM »
Duane Wilson just tweeted "big bro entering the NBA draft proud of him" hope he wasn't talking about Vander. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

mubb34

• Team Captain
« Reply #226 on: April 16, 2013, 12:07:04 AM »
I wish he would answer our tweets.....

mu ricer22

• Scholarship Player
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #227 on: April 16, 2013, 12:09:44 AM »
Duane Wilson just tweeted "big bro entering the NBA draft proud of him" hope he wasn't talking about Vander. 

I just saw that too but now it looks like he deleted the tweet. What could that mean?!?!?!
GTST

JGlow12

• Walk-On
« Reply #228 on: April 16, 2013, 12:10:16 AM »

He has since deleted the tweet. This makes me even more worried.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #229 on: April 16, 2013, 12:12:29 AM »
He has since deleted the tweet. This makes me even more worried.

It was taken down quick to, plus McCay just tweeted "they wanna know bad haha"  This is looking bad if you ask me. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

mubb34

• Team Captain
« Reply #230 on: April 16, 2013, 12:13:35 AM »
How am I supposed to sleep tonight? Dammit Duane...

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #231 on: April 16, 2013, 12:14:29 AM »
Good luck Vander on the next path of your journey.  Thank you for all your hard work.

RyanConroy

« Reply #232 on: April 16, 2013, 12:16:38 AM »
Just tweeted in reply to somebody else:

"talking bout Ricky Ledo"

---

But why delete the tweet?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 12:19:05 AM by MUStudent »

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #233 on: April 16, 2013, 12:20:11 AM »
Just tweeted in reply to somebody else:

"talking bout Ricky Ledo"

---

But why delete the tweet?

Phew, good thing he wasn't talking about Van. What a coincidence though that he would tweet that now when Ledo declared a week ago.

onepost

• All American
« Reply #234 on: April 16, 2013, 12:29:09 AM »
Ricky Ledo my ass. Gotta be Vander all the way and he's covering his skin. Trey J, come on down!!!

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #235 on: April 16, 2013, 01:01:43 AM »
How would he know Ricky? Ricky has been playing on the east coast. Would they know each other from the AAU circuit? If Van declares tonight with the paper he will be back. He isn't gonna hear good things on his draft status.

Rockmic87

• Team Captain
« Reply #236 on: April 16, 2013, 01:15:59 AM »
Ricky declare like around April 9th I believe....so definitely sounds like a core up....

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #237 on: April 16, 2013, 01:18:31 AM »
How would he know Ricky? Ricky has been playing on the east coast. Would they know each other from the AAU circuit? If Van declares tonight with the paper he will be back. He isn't gonna hear good things on his draft status.

Ricky declare like around April 9th I believe....so definitely sounds like a core up....

Nothing to see here.  The MU Scoop Detectives have solved the case!!!!

(hows about we just, I dunno, not hound an 18 year old kid on twitter...)
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Rockmic87

• Team Captain
« Reply #238 on: April 16, 2013, 01:29:28 AM »
Just got a text from Duane saying he was messing with us! He likes to monitor the board from time to time.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #239 on: April 16, 2013, 06:34:10 AM »
Unfortunately Vander will make the wrong decision tomorrow and leave.  Good luck Vander

Tranferrin' to Notre Dame?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #240 on: April 16, 2013, 07:00:46 AM »
Never want to have to totally rely on two freshmen in the backcourt, but I see what you're saying. Those guys have the talent, but Van's experience is invaluable.

I know he's persona non grata around here, but Mayo could really benefit if Blue leaves. Todd's a guy who needs some burn to get going. I get why Buzz handled him the way he did this season, but he never really got into the flow. If he's the starter at the two, and knows those minutes are out there this summer, I can see him having a really nice season.

I don't know why so many people try to make Mayo something he is not. He is not even close to a viable replacement for Blue. What we have seen from him the last two years is what he is. Streaky shooter, questionable shot selection, plays poor defense for the most part and looks like he doesn't like being here. (I said "looks" don't know if that is true.)

Don't get me wrong, I hope you are correct, but I don't see it give his body of work.

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #241 on: April 16, 2013, 07:44:02 AM »
I don't know why so many people try to make Mayo something he is not. He is not even close to a viable replacement for Blue. What we have seen from him the last two years is what he is. Streaky shooter, questionable shot selection, plays poor defense for the most part and looks like he doesn't like being here. (I said "looks" don't know if that is true.)

Don't get me wrong, I hope you are correct, but I don't see it give his body of work.
What did you think of Blue after 2 years?

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #242 on: April 16, 2013, 07:51:11 AM »

Facebook and Twitter gets you in trouble all the time!

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #243 on: April 16, 2013, 07:51:33 AM »
What did you think of Blue after 2 years?

I loved Blue's game from day one, and have always said that here and elsewhere. The difference is Blue came in as a 17 year old freshman with high expectations, Mayo is already 21 or 22.

Their games are not even close to the same. Blue is a great defender that's why he played as a freshman, he is more of a slasher and can get to the rim, his jump shot at least early on was not as good as Mayo's, but he does many other things that help the team.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 08:00:21 AM by hairyworthen »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #244 on: April 16, 2013, 08:05:19 AM »

I know that he hasn't shown much, but his minutes have been spotty at best. Much like Vander's were his first two years.

I wasn't "making him something he's not." The kid has been written off completely on here because he hasn't produced on the spot minutes he's played. Some guys can come off the bench and score right away. Some need to get a lather going first. I think he might be the latter. We'll see.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #245 on: April 16, 2013, 08:09:43 AM »
I know that he hasn't shown much, but his minutes have been spotty at best. Much like Vander's were his first two years.

I wasn't "making him something he's not." The kid has been written off completely on here because he hasn't produced on the spot minutes he's played. Some guys can come off the bench and score right away. Some need to get a lather going first. I think he might be the latter. We'll see.

Like I said, I hope your are right, and I do not dislike Mayo. When he is on, he is a game changer. Maybe a full offseason with his head straight and scholastic problems behind him will be the turning point for him or maybe he is the next to transfer, Who knows.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 08:19:37 AM by hairyworthen »

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #246 on: April 16, 2013, 08:14:14 AM »
Speaking of Duane's tweets, I think he needs to start laying off the twitter a little bit next year.  He tweets A LOT, and it could become a problem as he continues to gain a higher profile.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #247 on: April 16, 2013, 08:25:06 AM »
Marquette Athletics just tweeted that Vander is forgoing his senior year for the NBA.

@&#*&

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #248 on: April 16, 2013, 08:25:40 AM »
Marquette Athletics just tweeted that Vander is forgoing his senior year for the NBA.

@&#*&

muathletics
52 seconds ago from TweetDeck
#mubb guard Vander Blue to forgo final season at Marquette & officially enter NBA Draft. Details to follow.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #249 on: April 16, 2013, 08:29:25 AM »
Ummm wow.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

feedback