collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Pokemon GO  (Read 5858 times)

mueron

• Scholarship Player
Pokemon GO
« on: July 20, 2016, 11:18:40 AM »
I wish I had a Snorlax. That is all.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Pokemon GO
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 11:22:37 AM »
Haven't gone crazy with it like some people have but have managed to get up to level 9 without playing a ton.

Protip, if you don't feel like walking around to hatch the eggs, sit in your basement. It'll screw up your GPS enough to where your guy will be walking around everywhere.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 11:34:23 AM »
Pokémon GO away.    A generational thing, I suppose.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 12:07:12 PM »
Pokémon GO away.    A generational thing, I suppose.

I haven't played it once.

But.

Multiple generations are playing it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 12:09:25 PM »
At least it's getting gamers out of their basements once in awhile.
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 12:11:03 PM »
At least it's getting gamers out of their basements once in awhile.

You sure?

Haven't gone crazy with it like some people have but have managed to get up to level 9 without playing a ton.

Protip, if you don't feel like walking around to hatch the eggs, sit in your basement. It'll screw up your GPS enough to where your guy will be walking around everywhere.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 12:23:10 PM »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 12:28:15 PM »
Love how my favorite park for my two year old is a Pokemon gym, and now filled with a bunch of creepy adults and tweens.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 12:50:33 PM »
car accidents to go up 200%.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 01:07:03 PM »
My kids are having a blast with it.

And I see them running around the neighborhood looking.

WarriorInNYC

• All American

mueron

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 02:03:53 PM »
Disclosure: Great job, home in sought after Illinois suburb, married, two children, two dogs, two cats, 33 yr old. Love playing Pokemon GO and video games in general. Today I set two lures at a local park and had a blast catching quite a few pokemon on my lunch brake.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 02:48:55 PM »
I'm surprised it two weeks for a thread to be started about this. Guess none of us wanted to be the first to admit they play.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 02:54:39 PM »
I miss Click Clacks and Jarts.

Better to get a concussion from the former or have my eye put out by the latter than to walk out into traffic trying to find Pokeymen and Pokeywomen.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 03:00:02 PM »
Disclosure: Great job, home in sought after Illinois suburb, married, two children, two dogs, two cats, 33 yr old. Love playing Pokemon GO and video games in general. Today I set two lures at a local park and had a blast catching quite a few pokemon on my lunch brake.

You sure you aren't a 14 year old boy in real life?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mueron

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 03:11:22 PM »
You sure you aren't a 14 year old boy in real life?

Huehuehuehuehue sick burn. I'm sure you're so busy adulting you barely had the time to respond to posts on message boards.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 03:44:39 PM »
Huehuehuehuehue sick burn. I'm sure you're so busy adulting you barely had the time to respond to posts on message boards.

Certainly have the skin thickness of a 14 year old.    ;D

mueron

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 03:51:02 PM »
Certainly have the skin thickness of a 14 year old.    ;D

Most important...I have the sex drive of a 14 year old! Eh? Eh? Ah who am I kidding I just want to sleep.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 04:03:26 PM »
Most important...I have the sex drive of a 14 year old! Eh? Eh? Ah who am I kidding I just want to sleep.

u want to sleep and play Pokemon Go and have no interest in the carnal knowledge of the opposite sex....I take everything back....clearly you're a 10 year old boy in real life ;)

In all seriousness, I'm a 35 year old that plays video games (XBox with the occasional laptop jaunts) so not unfamiliar with gaming and I don't have an F'ing clue why anyone would want to play Pokemon Go over the age of 16. I've seen it in action and once you get over the augmented reality function it's generally a time waste of a game (worse then most games which are by definition time wasters)
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 04:54:58 PM »
In all seriousness, I'm a 35 year old that plays video games (XBox with the occasional laptop jaunts) so not unfamiliar with gaming and I don't have an F'ing clue why anyone would want to play Pokemon Go over the age of 16. I've seen it in action and once you get over the augmented reality function it's generally a time waste of a game (worse then most games which are by definition time wasters)

I've been gaming since I was 5.  I was programming my own stuff on the Apple //c when I was 7.  I've been PC gaming since 10; I've been multi-player gaming over networks since high school (back when the "internet" was only found inside your swim trunks).  I have/had every Nintendo system beginning with the NES except the Virtual Boy and DS.  I've geocached on several occasions over the last decade or so.  I don't read instruction books, and technology isn't difficult for me.

I downloaded Pokemon GO last Thursday at around 6:30p.  It was deleted before 7:00p.

My take is that Pokemon Go is the soccer of video games... it's easy to learn and fun to play only for people who lack the talent and/or fortitude necessary for more complex games.  And you're looking down 95% of the time while playing.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 05:30:43 PM »
My take is that Pokemon Go is the soccer of video games... it's easy to learn and fun to play only for people who lack the talent and/or fortitude necessary for more complex games.  And you're looking down 95% of the time while playing.

Tremendous troll.  Kudos

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 05:38:50 PM »
I haven't played a video game since I was a sophomore in college.  #manpride

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 05:45:01 PM »
Checked it out briefly to see what the hype was about, but too much real world time needed for my taste. That said, I love that its popular. One more indicator that nerd culture is becoming acceptable in the mainstream. I grew up with Marvel Comics, AD&D, and my share of anime (I liked Ruruoni Kenshin more than the relatively plotless Pokemon). Nice to see the traditionally uncool things of my youth becoming cool.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 06:16:10 PM »

Bravo, Benny.

That is the funniest thing I've read on the interwebs in several days -- and I've read everything on the potential first plagiarist!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mueron

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2016, 07:02:43 PM »
As far as gaming it's obviously not really a game in that sense. Just fun to try to collect all the different Pokemon. Think of it like finding all the secrets/Easter eggs without the gaming part. The grocery bagger at my local grocery store called me sir so...