collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: hugh and his 91 year bachelor party  (Read 2215 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
hugh and his 91 year bachelor party
« on: September 28, 2017, 05:24:55 AM »
  well, subtract the years before he hit puberty or so and that's the life this guy lived.  what can't be said about what his contributions to society have been-probably A LOT.  it's amazing he lived as long as he did given the "high life" that culture brought and he lived.  except for the obvious, i'm talking about the drugs and drinking.  he must have been able to wade through and around it enough not to put his health at risk.  but, then again, when you have a "bunny smorgasbord" at your beck and call, no time for da "whiskey weeener" eyn'a?

rip mr hefner-you've brought many a smile to the adolescent face and then some
don't...don't don't don't don't

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: hugh and his 91 year bachelor party
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 09:36:30 AM »
In 1968, Hefner met actress Barbi Benton, who would remain his favorite girlfriend for much of the next decade. When Hefner, 42 at the time, asked her for a date, Benton, who was 18, said she had never been out with anyone older than 24. “That’s all right,” he replied. “Neither have I.”

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 09:48:48 AM »
He became a caricature of himself towards the end, but his contributions to free speech and media as we know it can't be overlooked.  Also, very interested to see the direction of the Playboy brand now that he's gone.  I have a hunch there were some ways they wanted to move that were being held off on while Hef still was around.

Also, for those of you with Amazon Prime, "American Playboy: The Hugh Hefner Story" is a fantastic mini series watch.  Actor portrayal mixed with a huge glut of interviews with key figures in the company's rise.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 02:08:17 PM »
He became a caricature of himself towards the end, but his contributions to free speech and media as we know it can't be overlooked.  Also, very interested to see the direction of the Playboy brand now that he's gone.  I have a hunch there were some ways they wanted to move that were being held off on while Hef still was around.

Also, for those of you with Amazon Prime, "American Playboy: The Hugh Hefner Story" is a fantastic mini series watch.  Actor portrayal mixed with a huge glut of interviews with key figures in the company's rise.

The miniseries on Amazon was pretty interesting. 

Also, for those of you don't know, the chief creative officer  is his son, Cooper.  This will be interesting to watch -  a 26-year-old member of the lucky sperm club in charge of Playboy.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:10:18 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 02:15:24 PM »
One of very few people who no one can say he's in a better place now.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 02:40:31 PM »
One of very few people who no one can say he's in a better place now.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 02:48:29 PM »
Fifty bucks says the next new episode of South Park has a scene with Satan and Hef.
Have some patience, FFS.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 02:54:21 PM »
RIP Mr. Hefner. Greatly appreciate the articles you provided to a young man growing up in Wauwatosa in the 1970's. You will not be forgotten!!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 06:58:41 PM »
Fifty bucks says the next new episode of South Park has a scene with Satan and Hef.

i could call my nephew and find out, but you're probably onto something there.  they could do a whole season with him and the south park kids

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 07:21:05 PM »
i could call my nephew and find out, but you're probably onto something there.  they could do a whole season with him and the south park kids

If you get a chance, I highly recommend watching "6 Days to Air", a documentary about the production of South Park.  They literally don't start on an episode - no writing, no voice work, no animation, nothing - until 6 days before the episode is scheduled to air.  That's why they can have an episode refer to an event that happened a couple of days earlier.
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 07:38:45 PM »
Did da dude check out ‘causa clap, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 09:56:22 PM »
Did da dude check out ‘causa clap, hey?

if da clap is in the category of "natural causes", then yes ;D 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 10:08:21 PM »
If you get a chance, I highly recommend watching "6 Days to Air", a documentary about the production of South Park.  They literally don't start on an episode - no writing, no voice work, no animation, nothing - until 6 days before the episode is scheduled to air.  That's why they can have an episode refer to an event that happened a couple of days earlier.

thanks-i will check it out.  johnny has told me about many of their all night marathon sessions.  barely beating the deadlines became the rule as trey is like the last kid to turn in his work or finish the test. 

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 12:52:52 AM »
RIP Hugh...helped promote literacy and young boys reading articles for decades.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2017, 03:16:28 PM »