collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Muscoop App?  (Read 1794 times)

KipsBayEagle

Muscoop App?
« on: March 15, 2011, 09:51:21 PM »
Anyone out there good with computers?  Just got a droid, and would love to get a muscoop app going, unfortunately i have no clue how to make one.  I know people that have made apps, and its pretty sweet.  You can sell it for 5 bucks and you get to keep a lot of the profit.

Coleman

• All American
Re: Muscoop App?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 11:02:49 PM »
Not a bad idea. I'd gladly pay a couple bucks if it went towards the upkeep of the site.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 11:16:32 PM »
An app for the wiki alone would be worth it.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 11:34:14 PM »
This off-season I promise to do some upgrades, and make the site (and wiki!) more functional on smart phones. 

An app would be cool (especially for pushing breaking news).  I haven't looked into it at all, and it's less likely we'll do it.  But I will look into it.

As some history, our planned upgrades last summer got derailed due to time (we actually have to work too), plus the software we're using never released their new version (it stayed in beta), and we didn't want to prematurely upgrade.  We'll work around that one way or another this year.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 12:00:15 AM »
Thanks for all you do Rocky!

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 08:17:40 AM »
It would probably be easier to create a mobile theme for smartphones than it would be to write an app.   I have a very talented web guy here at work that spends quite a bit of time on this site that's already created a number of mobile sites if you guys decide to go that route.  It would be fun to play with SMF themes for a fansite we're passionate about :)

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 09:26:28 AM »
this has been talked about a few times... seems to sputter out since we can't find someone able to create the ap
At least a Scoop Mobile page would help

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 04:42:59 PM »
Just to be sure everyone knows, there is a mobile version of scoop.  It's the one I have bookmarked on my phone....and browses very fast.  You just have to go to...

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?wap2

It doesn't auto-load (which I guess I could change that, but haven't ever).

feedback