[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[May 06, 2024, 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[May 06, 2024, 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Down Goes IU In A Bad Loss Winless Minn!  (Read 13133 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Down Goes IU In A Bad Loss Winless Minn!
« on: January 12, 2012, 09:17:26 PM »
Bad loss at home for IU losing to Minn (12-5, 0-4) 77 to 74 AT HOME.
(in fairness IU was behind all game and cut it to 1 with 15 seconds)

Next up for IU is AT tOSU Sunday after football.

Two loses this week?

real chili 83

• All American
Golden Rodents take down Tommy Suntan in Bloomington
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 09:17:32 PM »
Tommy gets gigged by Tubby at home by 3!

JTBMU7

• All American
Re: Down Goes IU In A Bad Loss Winless Minn!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 10:00:28 PM »
Pitt is also a winless, desperate team with a gread head coach. Let's hope buzz was watching and ensures this doesn't happen on saturday...

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 07:08:01 AM »
It's Minnesota...It's Minnesota!

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 07:20:29 AM »
Pitt is also a winless, desperate team with a gread head coach. Let's hope buzz was watching and ensures this doesn't happen on saturday...

i like tubby, but i'm not convinced he's close to being a great head coach.  i always thinking trying to make sense of his time at UK, and what he's done since is tough to figure out.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 07:35:53 AM »
So glad this board is now being dominating by IU wins and losses, Scott Christopherson half court shots, and Bucky news.

/better than the nickname debate

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 07:42:51 AM »
So glad this board is now being dominating by IU wins and losses, Scott Christopherson half court shots, and Bucky news.

I think with the new President and new AD, it is time to reconsider going back to the Warriors.  Perhaps we can give him (the new Pres) a year, but by then he should be on board as well.  Thoughts?

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 07:45:10 AM »

Our nickname is an embarrassment!!

PS: gloating over an IU loss is a little ridiculous since
They've beaten #1 and #2 this year. They may very well hang a banner for those wins.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 08:03:28 AM »
Let it go. 

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 08:09:10 AM »
I was watching the end of the IU game last night and wondered who would end up starting a thread about it.  

Answered.

Also, Golden Eagles is the worst nickname in sports. 
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 08:12:32 AM »
Were they employing appropriate high-five protocol in a losing situation?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 08:18:46 AM »
What I don't understand is why people don't keep the IU and Wisconsin crap in the Superbar.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 08:53:45 AM »
What I don't understand is why people don't keep the IU and Wisconsin crap in the Superbar.

I have no problem with the Wisconsin posts here in the main board.  We play them every year so it is an RPI concern.  Plus, we battle over recruits from time to time.

I agree on the Indiana stuff.  Although I have interest in Indiana because of Crean, probably best for the Superbar.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
I think with the new President and new AD, it is time to reconsider going back to the Warriors.  Perhaps we can give him (the new Pres) a year, but by then he should be on board as well.  Thoughts?

If we put it up for vote again, I'm going with the Marquette Blue.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Abode4life

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 09:07:51 AM »

How about the UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs? 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 09:10:42 AM »
If we put it up for vote again, I'm going with the Marquette Blue.

My vote goes for MU Tealbaggers.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 09:14:44 AM »

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 09:20:14 AM »

No doubt.

This crap is always superbar. At least it is when IU wins or when Christopherson sucks in a game or when UW loses.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 09:24:38 AM »
I pretty much agree on the Superbar, but if you think about it, as a social barometer of MU's fan pulse, if the Bo and TC posts are up, MU is on a winning streak and life is good....and shrink bills are down.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 09:28:52 AM »

SO, how are DJ Newbill and Brett Roseboro doing?! 

http://www.wavlist.com/soundfx/014/cricket-2.wav

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 09:35:32 AM »
SO, how are DJ Newbill and Brett Roseboro doing?! 

They're both sitting out transfer years.  (To Penn State and UMBC respectively)  As is Erik Williams at Sam Houston State

Jeronne Maymon is averaging 11.3 as a starter for Tennessee

Patrick Hazel is averaging 7.3 as a regular starter for Boston University

Yous Mbao is averaging 0.2 off the bench for Marshall

David Singleton seems to have dropped off the map entirely.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 09:40:57 AM »
How about the UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs? 

Scale of 1-10: Banana Slugs 9, Golden Eagles -50.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 09:56:14 AM »
Scale of 1-10: Banana Slugs 9, Golden Eagles -50.

Rhode Island School of Design takes the cake.
SS Marquette

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 10:02:30 AM »
Golden Eagles belongs in the ultimate boring nickname pile with Eagles, Bulldogs and Wildcats.  I don't really care anymore as I just think of us as Marquette.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 10:06:58 AM »
If we put it up for vote again, I'm going with the Marquette Orange Blue.

Qdoba'd
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 10:16:28 AM »
Funny picture...I think that is his pre dick sucking face.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 10:41:18 AM »
the Marquette Vulpecula
or  Marquette Renards

at least I see one now and again. fox river.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 10:44:25 AM by Stone Cold »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 11:26:52 AM »
I was watching the end of the IU game last night and wondered who would end up starting a thread about it.  

Answered.

Fooled ya, aina? BTW, IU ain't that good.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 11:32:59 AM »

But they are damn impressive.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 11:59:21 AM »

Indiana has a lot of good shooters. They make their free throws and when they hit their 3s they can be very good. Achilles heel is that they give up a lot of easy baskets against non cupcakes.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2012, 09:44:06 PM »

Two loses this week?

You do realize the NCAA judges a bad loss as an opponent with a 100 or worse RPI, right?

Minnesota is 39.  Indiana has no bad losses

We have been extremely fortunate to not get some on our record, however.  Washington is rated 94th.  Pittsburgh is 97th.  Villanova 109th.  None of these teams did we win by much, in fact could have lost two of them rather easily.  Norfolk State with an expected RPI of 110 we beat because their game winning shot missed by an inch.

We need to get our own house in order.  IU has the same team back from last year plus Zeller, they have done a nice job this season even though they still are delinquent at several positions.  Their next 3 recruiting classes are insanely good and blow ours out of the water.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2012, 09:48:44 PM »
You do realize the NCAA judges a bad loss as an opponent with a 100 or worse RPI, right?

We have been extremely fortunate to not get some on our record, however.  Washington is rated 94th.  Pittsburgh is 97th.  Villanova 109th.  None of these teams did we win by much, in fact could have lost two of them rather easily.  Norfolk State with an expected RPI of 110 we beat because their game winning shot missed by an inch.

We need to get our own house in order.  IU has the same team back from last year plus Zeller, they have done a nice job this season even though they still are delinquent at several positions.  Their next 3 recruiting classes are insanely good and blow ours out of the water.

Is there a reason you seek out threads that might paint IU/Crean in a bad light?  As well, you frequently inject something about Marquette and their deficiences (without ever pointing out positives) in a thread where there was no need to say anything.  You can post what you want, I'm just trying to understand your motivation. You certainly don't run to defend Marquette anywhere that I notice.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2012, 11:27:04 AM »
Is there a reason you seek out threads that might paint IU/Crean in a bad light?  As well, you frequently inject something about Marquette and their deficiences (without ever pointing out positives) in a thread where there was no need to say anything.  You can post what you want, I'm just trying to understand your motivation. You certainly don't run to defend Marquette anywhere that I notice.

The title of the thread was wrong.  It's not a bad loss, not according to Joe Lunardi or the RPI folks.  I made the correction.  It also perplexes me that 4 years later there are still insecure people here starting threads about a former coach, but only when they lose.  I haven't seen the threads started about USC and KO or Saint Louis and Rick Majerus.  Where are those threads?  It seems to me we have plenty of our own issues to correct with our own team then worrying about another one that we don't play, isn't in our conference, isn't a rival of ours in any way.

Is there a reason you have to tell people you are a die hard Bears fan so often?  What's your motivation?

If you read a number of my posts earlier, I predicted MU to be a top 3 team in the league.  With narrow wins against awful Pitt, awful Villanova, choking against G'Town, etc, etc there hasn't been a whole lot to really defend with MU of late.  Has there?   We are going to finish probably in the top 5 of the conference, if not the top 3 but not sure exactly what that means this year with the conference as mediocre as it is.

"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2012, 11:33:06 AM »
The title of the thread was wrong. 
Fair enough.

It also perplexes me that 4 years later there are still insecure people here starting threads about a former coach, but only when they lose.  I haven't seen the threads started about USC and KO or Saint Louis and Rick Majerus.  Where are those threads? 
Very true as well.

Is there a reason you have to tell people you are a die hard Bears fan so often?  What's your motivation?

I do that in football related threads to let people know what viewpoint i'm coming from and that there will likely be a bias in my post. I feel that's fair to acknowledge for other posters for the sake of discussion/debate.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2012, 11:39:57 AM »
TC's departure is still fresh in many memories.

KO left in the early 90s...almost 20 years ago. Yikes!

Majerus still gets love. Was dealt a bad hand and not really given a fair shake. Anyways, most younguns *may* remember him as a commentator. May.
SS Marquette

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2012, 12:03:17 PM »
Funny picture...I think that is his pre dick sucking face.

As a high school basketball coach in Indiana (that is my understanding, feel free to correct me if that is not the case), you can do better than that Dimes.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2012, 12:04:14 PM »
TC's departure is still fresh in many memories.

KO left in the early 90s...almost 20 years ago. Yikes!

Majerus still gets love. Was dealt a bad hand and not really given a fair shake. Anyways, most younguns *may* remember him as a commentator. May.

The threads being started here about TC are by those plenty old enough to remember KO and many remember RM. 

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2012, 05:24:23 PM »

If you read a number of my posts earlier, I predicted MU to be a top 3 team in the league.  With narrow wins against awful Pitt, awful Villanova, choking against G'Town, etc, etc there hasn't been a whole lot to really defend with MU of late.  Has there?   We are going to finish probably in the top 5 of the conference, if not the top 3 but not sure exactly what that means this year with the conference as mediocre as it is.

I don't take any Big East wins for granted, especially when they come against teams that have historically been very good and still have some talent, despite the fact that they are down quite a bit this year.

If the Big East (ranked 2nd in RPI, 3rd in Sagarin) is mediocre, what does that make the other 30 conferences?  They all must be absolutely atrocious!! More likely, you are just trying to make it a point to say the Big East is so down, mediocre...etc so that when/if MU finishes towards the top of the conference you'll be able to discount it with this same type of drivel.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2012, 10:14:48 AM »
I don't take any Big East wins for granted, especially when they come against teams that have historically been very good and still have some talent, despite the fact that they are down quite a bit this year.

If the Big East (ranked 2nd in RPI, 3rd in Sagarin) is mediocre, what does that make the other 30 conferences?  They all must be absolutely atrocious!! More likely, you are just trying to make it a point to say the Big East is so down, mediocre...etc so that when/if MU finishes towards the top of the conference you'll be able to discount it with this same type of drivel.

Dead on, J. Loop consistently constructs "no lose" scenarios for his beloved Hoosiers and "no win" ones for MU.

In his world, MU is indefensible of late. They're chokers. Imagine how he'd feel if we weren't on a 3 game winning streak. Hated Indiana (he's a Purdue fan - LOL) has narrowly escaped lowly Penn State, lost at home to mediocre Minnesota and been annihilated by OSU (35-14 at halftime) in their last 3, yet everything is hunkydory in Hicksville.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2012, 08:09:59 PM »

Is #118 bad?

True, we COULD have a "bad" loss. Simple fact is though, we don't.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2012, 08:57:36 PM »
  Indiana has no bad losses

Norfork St is #71. Nebraska has nobody that would start on Washington, Pitt or Villanova. MU is 5-0 against the 4 teams you mention. IU is 0-1 against Nebraska.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2012, 11:02:54 AM »

Two loses this week?

Still think Minnesota is a bad team?  This is why your comments I know are linked to hatred and bias and not on actually watching basketball.  Minnesota is a pretty good club.  Not great, but more than capable.  They are learning to play with their revised roster and having success now the last few weeks.  4-5 now in the Big 10 and 16-6 overall.   Projected to finish 21-10.  Probably not a NCAA team, but don't count them out just yet.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 11:04:58 AM »
Norfork St is #71. Nebraska has nobody that would start on Washington, Pitt or Villanova. MU is 5-0 against the 4 teams you mention. IU is 0-1 against Nebraska.

IU beat Notre Dame. I guess that means we should steam roll them.  IU beat NC State, a club we haven't been able to beat the last two years.  IU even beat Pitt a few years ago, when we were losing to them.  These sorts of comparisons are dumb because on any given day, any team can win.

Kentucky beat LSU by 24 yesterday at Kentucky LSU.  IU beat Kentucky this year.  We lost to LSU at LSU.  Does that mean IU would crush MU?   But if you wish to lose the logic you are using, no one is going to stop you.

CORRECTION EDIT:  Kentucky won AT LSU. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 01:13:42 PM by Hoopaloop »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2012, 11:06:29 AM »
Still think Minnesota is a bad team?   Minnesota is a pretty good club.    Projected to finish 21-10.  Probably not a NCAA team, but don't count them out just yet.

Huh? Projected to finish 21-10 by who? If they were 21-10 (9-9 conf) they'd almost certainly reach the tourney.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2012, 11:56:18 AM »
IU beat Notre Dame. I guess that means we should steam roll them.  IU beat NC State, a club we haven't been able to beat the last two years.  IU even beat Pitt a few years ago, when we were losing to them.  These sorts of comparisons are dumb because on any given day, any team can win.

Kentucky beat LSU by 24 yesterday at Kentucky.  IU beat Kentucky this year.  We lost to LSU at LSU.  Does that mean IU would crush MU?   But if you wish to lose the logic you are using, no one is going to stop you.
Last year MU had no chance against NC State.  I think the big reason why is because they did not play.  Two years ago, NC State did beat MU.  But, three years ago MU beat NC State.  Not really sure, though, what any of that has to do with IU beating NC State this year.  Odd analogy.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2012, 01:22:36 PM »
Huh? Projected to finish 21-10 by who? If they were 21-10 (9-9 conf) they'd almost certainly reach the tourney.

Ken Pomeroy today has Minnesota finishing at 20-11, not 21-10, error on my part.  That is as of this morning.

They have six winnable games left.  @ Iowa, Nebraska twice, Indiana at home, @ Northwestern, Wisconsin at home.  Would not surprise me to see them win 4 or even five of those games, nor would it surprise me to see them lose 3 of those. 

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2012, 01:26:13 PM »
Last year MU had no chance against NC State.  I think the big reason why is because they did not play.  Two years ago, NC State did beat MU.  But, three years ago MU beat NC State.  Not really sure, though, what any of that has to do with IU beating NC State this year.  Odd analogy.

You are right.  I thought MU lost to NC State at MU last year, it was the year prior.  I think you get the idea I was going with.  Because one team beats another doesn't mean it translates elsewhere as Lennytap was suggesting.  IU beat ND this year, handily.  Does that mean MU will beat ND?   IU beat Kentucky this year who clobbered LSU yesterday.  Since IU beat Kentucky who beat LSU and we lost to LSU, that must mean IU would beat MU.   That is logic that I don't agree with, but it is what he is presenting by using like opponents.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2012, 01:36:04 PM »
You are right.  I thought MU lost to NC State at MU last year, it was the year prior.  I think you get the idea I was going with.  Because one team beats another doesn't mean it translates elsewhere as Lennytap was suggesting.  IU beat ND this year, handily.  Does that mean MU will beat ND?   IU beat Kentucky this year who clobbered LSU yesterday.  Since IU beat Kentucky who beat LSU and we lost to LSU, that must mean IU would beat MU.   That is logic that I don't agree with, but it is what he is presenting by using like opponents.

I get your premise and agree.  When MU won the National Championship, people used that for UWGB.  They were D2, but defeated De Paul at Home.  De Paul beat MU (actually split with MU) that year, so some GB fans used that to to show they could beat the National Champion.

The other comparison people use incorrectly is margin of victory.  Team A beats Team B by 10, Team B beats Team C by 10, so some assume Team A should crush Team C.

Many other fallacies as it applies to sports comparisons.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2012, 03:10:36 PM »
I get your premise and agree.  When MU won the National Championship, people used that for UWGB.  They were D2, but defeated De Paul at Home.  De Paul beat MU (actually split with MU) that year, so some GB fans used that to to show they could beat the National Champion.

The other comparison people use incorrectly is margin of victory.  Team A beats Team B by 10, Team B beats Team C by 10, so some assume Team A should crush Team C.

Many other fallacies as it applies to sports comparisons.
Hoopaloop failed Phil 001.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2012, 05:25:35 PM »
Dead on, J. Loop consistently constructs "no lose" scenarios for his beloved Hoosiers and "no win" ones for MU.

In his world, MU is indefensible of late. They're chokers. Imagine how he'd feel if we weren't on a 3 game winning streak. Hated Indiana (he's a Purdue fan - LOL) has narrowly escaped lowly Penn State, lost at home to mediocre Minnesota and been annihilated by OSU (35-14 at halftime) in their last 3, yet everything is hunkydory in Hicksville.

Wish I had seen this earlier.  Beloved Hoosiers?  Where do you get that from?  How is MU indefensible if I have said here from day one that we could be a top 3 Big East team?  You have a very strange way of reading things or even a basic understanding of what someone is saying.  IU is not beloved at all, but that doesn't mean I have to crawl into my immaturity suit like you are doing and not see they are a good club.  You are right, IU did all those things for which I didn't shed any tears.  Is losing at #2 Ohio State by a lot something surprising?  What is losing at home to Vanderbilt, a non-ranked team?  They've also knocked off Notre Dame, Kentucky, Ohio State, NC State.  I see both sides of the coin, why don't you?  Are you capable of this level of evaluation without your personal ghosts getting in the way?  I don't think you are.  It is obvious from the comments that, Puertoriconightmare, ringout, ptm and others have made that you simply don't have it in you to objective.  I find that immaturity remarkable.

I'm not only a Purdue fan but have an Engineering degree from there.  We're a pretty boring school, a lot of ugly women, but we know our basketball and we certainly are capable of recognizing a team's pluses and minuses.  We use logic and reason, not bias and hatred.

Hoopaloop failed Phil 001.

Received an A in Phil 050.  Also an A in Phil 104.   Engineering students didn't take Phil 001 when I was there, at least not Mechanical Engineering.  Probably because engineers by their very nature are logical and we don't need this remedial course.   ;D   It seems MuMac agrees that the logical fallacy that LennyTap was using was wrong.    Maybe you should tell MuMac that he failed Phil 001.   ?-(
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 06:49:28 PM by Hoopaloop »

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2012, 05:49:00 PM »
Seriously, Hoop/Chicos... Pretty please, with sugar on top, just go away to the Peegs board or wherever Tom Crean is discussed as current events.  This drivel is annoying beyond words, although your efforts at the persona are appreciated (Purdue?  Really?). 

Muggsy, Murf, and you are forcing me to avoid the two places I love to discuss and read about my beloved Warriors.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2012, 05:55:35 PM »
Wish I had seen this earlier.  Beloved Hoosiers?  Where do you get that from?  How is MU indefensible if I have said here from day one that we could be a top 3 Big East team?  You have a very strange way of reading things or even a basic understanding of what someone is saying.  IU is not beloved at all, but that doesn't mean I have to crawl into my immaturity suit like you are doing and not see they are a good club.  You are right, IU did all those things for which I didn't shed any tears.  They've also knocked off Notre Dame, Kentucky, Ohio State, NC State.  I see both sides of the coin, why don't you?  Are you capable of this level of evaluation without your personal ghosts getting in the way?

I'm not only a Purdue fan but have an Engineering degree from there.  We're a pretty boring school, a lot of ugly women, but we know our basketball and we certainly are capable of recognizing a team's pluses and minuses.  We use logic and reason, not bias and hatred.

Received an A in Phil 050.  Also an A in Phil 104.   Engineering students didn't take Phil 001 when I was there, at least not Mechanical Engineering.  Probably because engineers by their very nature are logical and we don't need this remedial course.   ;D   It seems MuMac agrees that the logical fallacy that LennyTap was using was wrong.    Maybe you should tell MuMac that he failed Phil 001.   ?-(

I love when people play the rational or logical card. It's a fan (short for fanatic) site for MU b-ball. Who gives a fly fu*k if people aren't rational in who/what they hate when it comes to other teams and gush too much about MU? We're not in a classroom having a well-rounded discussion about the economy, religion, politics, or history; we're on a message board talking about things that mostly relate to MU hoops. Your constant need to try and correct other people or straighten out the facts is really annoying (the same as it was when Chicos constantly did it).

Thanks god we have a Purdue fan that really "knows basketball"  to share his mighty insights. Us other lowly fans that only follow little ole Marquette (who has an arguably better basketball tradition than PU) should thank our lucky stars.

Nobody cares what you did in school 10, 20, 30 whatever years ago in school. I guess mechanical engineers aren't smart enough to pick up sarcasm. Telling people your grades is as pathetic as letting people know which other prestigious California schools you got into or insinuating how much money you make at a cable giant, nobody cares.  

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2012, 06:13:05 PM »
Chicos must have his transcripts in his desk drawer. Who remembers course titles and grades 20 years later?

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2012, 07:08:01 PM »
Seriously, Hoop/Chicos... Pretty please, with sugar on top, just go away to the Peegs board or wherever Tom Crean is discussed as current events.  This drivel is annoying beyond words, although your efforts at the persona are appreciated (Purdue?  Really?).  

Yeah, Purdue. Come on by our boards and we can chat.  Why are you not going after the thread starter.  If you don't like IU talk, go after the people starting IU threads.   ?-(

Chicos must have his transcripts in his desk drawer. Who remembers course titles and grades 20 years later?

I know I got A's in those courses because I received straight A's in all the Arts and Crafts courses and joked around constantly with my Arts and Crafts friends.  When they were out dicking around some of us had to study hard to get through real majors.  

I have offered to meet with members here in Chicago or at an upcoming game.  On one condition, I'm bringing a video camera and you can look into the camera and announce what a complete douche <insert poster here>  they are and it stays up on YouTube, it becomes a signature link for one year here.  Chico and others told me about how you guys pull this stuff.  You tear people down you don't agree with, call them names.  It is why so many have left this board.  They are tired of being called out, implicated as non-fans.  Who can blame them.  

Haven't you wondered where about 40 or so regular posters from the last few years went, or why even some that do come by are barely here?

I love when people play the rational or logical card. It's a fan (short for fanatic) site for MU b-ball. Who gives a fly fu*k if people aren't rational in who/what they hate when it comes to other teams and gush too much about MU? We're not in a classroom having a well-rounded discussion about the economy, religion, politics, or history; we're on a message board talking about things that mostly relate to MU hoops. Your constant need to try and correct other people or straighten out the facts is really annoying

Yet, you just did the same thing by correcting other people and lecturing.  Purdue fans aren't more knowledgeable than MU fans, we have fans still caught up with Keady.  Those that can't get over Knight, Sampson and Davis on the IU side and they start garbage threads.  They're just as immature and usually our board smacks down our own members when they go off like that.  Unfortunately, that doesn't happen here. It's encouraged here, even 4 years later.   Not by the moderators, but by some old guys that can't move on. 

It is a fan board, for all Marquette fans, including those who enjoyed what happened with Marquette basketball over the last decade.  Not all of us on this fan board want to read 24/7 how you hate our former coach.  There are more opinions than just yours on that front and as a fan on this board, I and others have every right to make that clear as well.  Your reaction is to shout them down, call them something else, claim they aren't really Marquette fans.

Are you that close minded to think every Marquette fan thinks the same way you do on all things Marquette?  That is the root of this if you do.

This weekend gave me some time to come and talk hoops more than normal here, but usually I am too busy.  With the treatment here, I should have probably done something else.  It was unknown to me that we all had to have the same views about Marquette, all of the former coaches and players.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 07:19:08 PM by Hoopaloop »

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2012, 07:16:30 PM »
Ok, now that sir psycho (no offense to my fellow RHCP fans) is again suggesting meetings with videos...   ::)  Can we please stop quoting him, it defeats the purpose of the ignore button.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2012, 07:23:28 PM »
Ok, now that sir psycho (no offense to my fellow RHCP fans) is again suggesting meetings with videos...   ::)  Can we please stop quoting him, it defeats the purpose of the ignore button.

What are you scared of?  Having to go on video and admit it?  I have another idea, pretty sure Chico's is going to the Super Bowl there in Indiana.  Maybe he is planning on attending the Notre Dame - MU game in South Bend.  It is my intent to go to the ND game right now.  You can get a picture of both Chico and myself together.

It's the only thing I can think of to stop you and others from acting like complete a$$holes.  If you have a better idea, please offer it up. 

I will send Chico's an email tonight to see if he is going to the game at Notre Dame.  Will that satisfy you and the others that have nothing better to do than trash Marquette fans?

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2012, 07:41:21 PM »
Haven't you wondered where about 40 or so regular posters from the last few years went, or why even some that do come by are barely here?

Because they were all you?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2012, 08:05:09 PM »
marquette84 and williewarrior disappeared at exactly the same time as CBB, so I figured either there was a mass banning, they were alter-egos for the bailbondsman, or that without their spiritual leader, they took their outrage and went home.    Next time you chat with the bailbondsman, ask him how many other MU boards he has been banned from   (hint: all of them)   Does the problem lie with the entire rest of the MU universe, or him?     Contemplate that as you celebrate your guru.     
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2012, 08:11:20 PM »
Some like chicken. Some like the feathers. I don't see why we can't all get along.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2012, 08:17:58 PM »
Bragging about what grades you got in college? Wanting to meet up with people so you can let them know you aren't some other random internet poster? Man, you've got some issues.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2012, 08:23:45 PM »
Bragging about what grades you got in college? Wanting to meet up with people so you can let them know you aren't some other random internet poster? Man, you've got some issues.

Can you put up a picture of your presidential ballot again this year?  An MU hat and your transcripts will be cool.  ::)

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2012, 08:24:27 PM »
PRN, thanks for quoting hoop/chico/IUpsychofan.... I cannot believe I just typed those words.

Hoop/chico/IUpsychofan - I couldn't care less where the other Crean apologists went to post their anti-MU/rah-rah Indiana rhetoric.  Feel free to join them.  Am I looking for a board that merely sings the praises of all things MU/MU Hoops?  Nope, but the Crean era is over.  Thanks Tom... enjoy your new digs... blah blah blah.  

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2012, 08:27:53 PM »

I know I got A's in those courses because I received straight A's in all the Arts and Crafts courses and joked around constantly with my Arts and Crafts friends.  When they were out dicking around some of us had to study hard to get through real majors.  

Nominated for douchiest post of the year.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2012, 09:28:31 PM »
  Next time you chat with the bailbondsman, ask him how many other MU boards he has been banned from   (hint: all of them)   Does the problem lie with the entire rest of the MU universe, or him?     Contemplate that as you celebrate your guru.     

Superior intellects are often unappreciated and misunderstood by the great unwashed of society. All of the bannings, fights, etc. were someone else's fault. We are not wothy.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2012, 03:07:46 PM »
What are you scared of?  Having to go on video and admit it?  I have another idea, pretty sure Chico's is going to the Super Bowl there in Indiana.  Maybe he is planning on attending the Notre Dame - MU game in South Bend.  It is my intent to go to the ND game right now.  You can get a picture of both Chico and myself together.

It's the only thing I can think of to stop you and others from acting like complete a$$holes.  If you have a better idea, please offer it up. 

I will send Chico's an email tonight to see if he is going to the game at Notre Dame.  Will that satisfy you and the others that have nothing better to do than trash Marquette fans?

Also ask Chico's about the bet we had regarding JFB being on an NBA roster this season.

THAAAANNNNNNKKKKSSS

cj111

• Starter
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2012, 03:25:51 PM »

Holy hell.  You apparently missed the discussion of "tone" in all of those writing courses you ostensibly got A's in. 

On a side note to the moderators: thank you for the ignore button.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2012, 03:59:27 PM »
Nominated for douchiest post of the year.

Poor attempt at humor from me. 

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2012, 04:10:57 PM »
marquette84 and williewarrior disappeared at exactly the same time as CBB, so I figured either there was a mass banning, they were alter-egos for the bailbondsman, or that without their spiritual leader, they took their outrage and went home.    Next time you chat with the bailbondsman, ask him how many other MU boards he has been banned from   (hint: all of them)   Does the problem lie with the entire rest of the MU universe, or him?     Contemplate that as you celebrate your guru.     

I did some contemplating and here's what I came up with. 

http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2008/10/cracked-sidewalks-preseason-roundtable.html      Looks to me like Marquette84 is a guy named Steve Susina and a contributor on CS?   Further proven here  http://www.cranial.com/rob_lowe/blogs/cracked_sidewalks_more_on_media_day_2n2v/

I could not find anything about Willie Warrior.  Since you were wrong about Marquette84 I have no doubts you are wrong about WillieWarrior also. 

Hilltopper and at least one other moderator has said here that I am not Chico's, yet you, PuertoRicanNightmare, Ringout, Lennystap, Jamailman, JtTrash and a few others don't even listen to the moderators here, the very guys that got rid of him in the first place?  Wouldn't they be the ones to know?  Hilltopper essentially said it again today   http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=30054.msg349310#msg349310  when discussing his whereabouts and that Dodds apparently didn't know.

Chico's himself came here a few weeks ago and admitted he couldn't get on this site for months until they cleared something on his account or something.    http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=29197.msg340861#msg340861   

After further contemplation, it appears to everyone here now that you and the others have trouble with facts or reading or both. 

Finally, do you know how many people have been banned from Dodds board?  As if that is something to be shameful of?  I commend anyone that has been banned from that site.  It's a positive, not a negative.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2012, 04:18:58 PM »
Because they were all you?

I think you know you are wrong and the moderators could prove it quickly.  In fact, they have with their statements in the last few months.

And you guys wonder why I said let's put a video camera and record the event.  It was not because of some creepy desire, it was because you guys are incapable of accepting the truth even when it is right in front of you.  That leads me to believe you are scared to do it and go on record to admit how wrong you are.  It's childish, but it's the same cabal of posters here that latch on to this idea that has been proven untrue. 

I'm 70% chance that I will attend the MU ND game.  The offer is still on.  Let's meet, grab a brew, bring home a victory for the Warriors and let's take a picture so we can put it up here and you guys can finally admit to being wrong.

On an added note, Chico's not going to the MU ND game Saturday.  He is committed to the Beachbowl in Indianapolis with his wife.  I invited him to the IU Purdue game Saturday night at Mackey Arena.  If he goes to that game, I'll have a picture taken with the two of us so you guys can back off your conspiracy crap.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2012, 04:25:33 PM »
Even if you are not Chicos, you are his proxy, and have the same negative influence.

Your arguments are the same endless loop, on many of the same topics.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2012, 05:15:50 PM »
hoopaloop, I tenuously believe that you are not chicos.   You sent me a couple of screaming PM's, and I accepted your outraged denials.    Your posting style and frequency is different.   Like him, however, you are trying to make this board about you and not about MU hoops.  
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 05:27:27 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2012, 07:40:57 PM »
hoopaloop, I tenuously believe that you are not chicos.   You sent me a couple of screaming PM's, and I accepted your outraged denials.    Your posting style and frequency is different.   Like him, however, you are trying to make this board about you and not about MU hoops.  

Can you explain to me what some of these others guys are doing then?  Are they not trying to make it about themselves or about someone else?  You cannot deny that they are.  That is the problem as I see it.  You were guilty of it yourself yesterday.

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2012, 07:12:38 AM »
hoopaloop, I tenuously believe that you are not chicos.   You sent me a couple of screaming PM's, and I accepted your outraged denials.    Your posting style and frequency is different.   Like him, however, you are trying to make this board about Tom Crean, persistently playing the role of sycophant.  

Fixed it

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2012, 09:34:39 AM »
Even if you are not Chicos, you are his proxy, and have the same negative influence.

Your arguments are the same endless loop, on many of the same topics.

I am nobody's proxy.  Get over yourself.  All of you, get over it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2012, 09:41:10 AM »
All of you, get over it.

When you have to make a statement like that, ever feel like maybe the crowd is right and you're wrong?

feedback