'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Purdue annihilated West Virginia today  (Read 7118 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Purdue annihilated West Virginia today
« on: January 01, 2010, 05:46:26 PM »
It wasn't pretty.  Purdue was up 25 points at one point.

Blackhat

• All American
Re: Purdue annihilated West Virginia today
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 05:51:00 PM »
Indiana must really suck then.... that's my conclusion.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 05:55:01 PM »
Not sure why you went there.    It's not good when the highest ranked team in our conference loses by 15 and was down 25 points at one point.  That was the reason I brought it up.  What that has to do with Indiana, I have no idea.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 06:00:42 PM »
Chicos -- I have to say, it seems to me you're going out of your way to try to stir something up regarding MU's team this year. From your "gag job" thread to pointing out the losses of teams we've lost to. I don't really understand what you're getting at, but it's transparent, that's for sure.

I understand that the wife of our previous coach was friendly to your wife at a mall before one of our tournament games and that you weren't happy with the hiring process of Buzz Williams (neither was I), but at this point you're just being annoying...and I'm one of your fans on this site!

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 06:19:54 PM »
Is this bizarro world? Is PRN actually calling out someone for repeatedly and annoyingly appearing to "stir something up" regarding an MU team?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 06:20:41 PM »
Chicos -- I have to say, it seems to me you're going out of your way to try to stir something up regarding MU's team this year. From your "gag job" thread to pointing out the losses of teams we've lost to. I don't really understand what you're getting at, but it's transparent, that's for sure.

I understand that the wife of our previous coach was friendly to your wife at a mall before one of our tournament games and that you weren't happy with the hiring process of Buzz Williams (neither was I), but at this point you're just being annoying...and I'm one of your fans on this site!

Happy New Year

All I can say is you are reading way way too much into this.  I posted it because the top team in our conference just got crushed, that was the ONLY reason.

And if you don't think that was a gag job the other day, what would you call it?  Doesn't matter what team, what coach, what sport, that was a gag job.  Three different possessions to put it away, gagged on all 3.  Three different defensive possessions to get just ONE stop, we couldn't stop them on any of the three.  That's 6 opportunities, with the lead in all 6.  I'm sorry, that's a gag.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 06:23:29 PM »
Not sure why you went there.    It's not good when the highest ranked team in our conference loses by 15 and was down 25 points at one point.  That was the reason I brought it up.  What that has to do with Indiana, I have no idea.

The highest ranked team in "our" conference is Cuse (5th in both polls)....it was plain as day that WV wasn't the 6th best team in the nation.  They were playing a guard that couldn't shoot with his dominant hand.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 06:27:15 PM »
Happy New Year

All I can say is you are reading way way too much into this.  I posted it because the top team in our conference just got crushed, that was the ONLY reason.

And if you don't think that was a gag job the other day, what would you call it?  Doesn't matter what team, what coach, what sport, that was a gag job.  Three different possessions to put it away, gagged on all 3.  Three different defensive possessions to get just ONE stop, we couldn't stop them on any of the three.  That's 6 opportunities, with the lead in all 6.  I'm sorry, that's a gag.
Dude, we all know where you are going with this. Give it up
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 06:27:53 PM »
Happy New Year

All I can say is you are reading way way too much into this.  I posted it because the top team in our conference just got crushed, that was the ONLY reason.

And if you don't think that was a gag job the other day, what would you call it?  Doesn't matter what team, what coach, what sport, that was a gag job.

I think DJO was guilty of being a little bit overwhelmed by the situation. I don't think the entire team "gagged." Butler simply missed his free throw and the WV guy hit a great shot.

MUCam - Show me a post where I was guilty of gloating over an MU loss. I simply despise our former coach (and our nickname).

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 06:28:00 PM »
Wasn't Jajuan Johnson (sp?) yet another one of the bigs that Crean finished second on?    That was stuck in my head watching that game, and trying to picture the last two seasons with that guy in the post.   And if Chico's wants to sneak in his backhanded stabs at MU, that is his business.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 06:28:29 PM »
I stand corrected, I thought WVU was highest ranked at 6th.  Thanks.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 06:44:35 PM »
Wasn't Jajuan Johnson (sp?) yet another one of the bigs that Crean finished second on?    That was stuck in my head watching that game, and trying to picture the last two seasons with that guy in the post.   And if Chico's wants to sneak in his backhanded stabs at MU, that is his business.  

JaJuan did have MU on his "Final Few" list.
Hated to see a busy-bodied 6'10" go elsewhere.
Just think of the possibilities!
SS Marquette

wildbillsb

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 07:51:22 PM »

PRN,
What in the world are you talking about? Look at it, man, WVU got an old-fashioned hiding from a conference team the BE is supposed to be superior to.
Peace begins with a smile.  -  Mother Teresa

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 09:05:24 PM »
PRN,
What in the world are you talking about? Look at it, man, WVU got an old-fashioned hiding from a conference team the BE is supposed to be superior to.

Really?  WV was supposed to beat the number 4 ranked team in the nation on that team's home court....Vegas didn't think so.  The BEAST is down this year, it's been well documented, and we'll see how things shake out by the end of the year. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 09:16:11 PM »

The "gag job" and the "WVU annihilated" threads are just the latest installments in his campaign to denigrate anything remotely pertaining to Buzz. After 4 or 5 of them he'll post the obligatory "I really like Buzz, honest" paragraph that almost everyone sees through. The flip side of course are threads celebrating TC and ripping every other MU coach not named Al McGuire. If not for Chicos the board would be unaware that MU went to the final four in 2003, had a player named Dwyane Wade and play in the Big East. Oh, and that TC was here for 9 years and was largely responsible for the AL being built. And that TC only recruited top notch students, most of whom were also Eagle scouts. Lest any of us forget these details, Chicos is kind enough to remind us two or three times daily. Transparent? You bet.

Didn't know there was a positive "personal" component between Chicos and the Crean family. Certainly helps explain some of this.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 10:47:23 PM »

Sigh.   I guess the last three or four years when I would start a thread listing conference scores, I was throwing a backhanded stab at MU.   ::)

One would think that I were to give a backhanded stab at MU I would post Michigan's awful season this year.  A team that we beat.  But I haven't. 

MU is just about exactly where I expected us to be.  I've pegged the record exactly.  I think Buzz has done a NICE JOB WITH THIS TEAM THIS YEAR.

How many more times do you guys want me to ^*#^#* say it?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 11:13:15 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 10:53:36 PM »
The "gag job" and the "WVU annihilated" threads are just the latest installments in his campaign to denigrate anything remotely pertaining to Buzz. After 4 or 5 of them he'll post the obligatory "I really like Buzz, honest" paragraph that almost everyone sees through. The flip side of course are threads celebrating TC and ripping every other MU coach not named Al McGuire. If not for Chicos the board would be unaware that MU went to the final four in 2003, had a player named Dwyane Wade and play in the Big East. Oh, and that TC was here for 9 years and was largely responsible for the AL being built. And that TC only recruited top notch students, most of whom were also Eagle scouts. Lest any of us forget these details, Chicos is kind enough to remind us two or three times daily. Transparent? You bet.

Didn't know there was a positive "personal" component between Chicos and the Crean family. Certainly helps explain some of this.

A.H., if you could be more full of crap about yourself or anyone I would be shocked, but I'm sure you'll continue to try.  

One of our best, WVU...top team in the conference at 2-0 and ranked #6 (I thought that was highest, actually it's second highest) went in and played the Big Ten's best and got #$^* CRAP SLAMMED.  How that has anything to do with MU, I don't know, but over the years I've started plenty of threads when teams from our conference have won big cross sectional games or lost.  This is just on of those threads.

As for PRN's little story about Mrs. Harbaugh and my wife......yes, she's a very nice person and we've spent a total of 5 minutes of our lives with her at a MU pep rally.  If that's considered a personal component, then that's for you to decide.  Or are you just being "transparent"......glass houses (pun intended)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 11:35:32 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 11:02:22 PM »
I spoke with John Wooden in the hotel lobby in Atlanta in 1977 at the FF. Even got him to autograph a dollar bill. Was very cordial and I'll never say a bad word about him, never.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 11:14:46 PM »
I spoke with John Wooden in the hotel lobby in Atlanta in 1977 at the FF. Even got him to autograph a dollar bill. Was very cordial and I'll never say a bad word about him, never.

A great human being, one of the best ever.  Anyone that has had your experience (I've had several with him) knows how special Coach is.  I hope he can make it to 100, he's pretty frail right now at 99.  I'd love for him to get to see the renovated Pauley Pavillion which will be done in about 18 months.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2010, 12:32:06 AM »
Anthony, if you could be more full of crap about yourself or anyone I would be shocked, but I'm sure you'll continue to try.  

One of our best, WVU...top team in the conference at 2-0 and ranked #6 (I thought that was highest, actually it's second highest) went in and played the Big Ten's best and got #$^* CRAP SLAMMED.  How that has anything to do with MU, I don't know, but over the years I've started plenty of threads when teams from our conference have won big cross sectional games or lost.  This is just on of those threads.

As for PRN's little story about Mrs. Harbaugh and my wife......yes, she's a very nice person and we've spent a total of 5 minutes of our lives with her at a MU pep rally.  If that's considered a personal component, then that's for you to decide House.  Or are you just being "transparent"......glass houses (pun intended)

Jamie, why do you suppose so many people here routinely misinterpret your posts? Are we all stupid? Are we all out to get you? Has this been a common occurence in the past? (I know you're banned at Dodds and maybe elsewhere) Do you honestly believe these "misinterpretations" are in no way, shape or form your fault? You're a bright guy who's well informed on a number of issues. I happen to agree with you on many. But please cut the crap you're trying to sell regarding the "gagging" and "WVU" posts. Nobody's buying.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2010, 01:24:18 AM »
Jamie, why do you suppose so many people here routinely misinterpret your posts? Are we all stupid? Are we all out to get you? Has this been a common occurence in the past? (I know you're banned at Dodds and maybe elsewhere) Do you honestly believe these "misinterpretations" are in no way, shape or form your fault? You're a bright guy who's well informed on a number of issues. I happen to agree with you on many. But please cut the crap you're trying to sell regarding the "gagging" and "WVU" posts. Nobody's buying.

Lenny, I don't really give a crap.  I just gave you about 20 examples that took me 2 minutes to look up.  I've been posting scores of games like this since this site began, before Buzz Williams was a glint in your eye.

Ah those damn facts.  Damn those facts.

And there are probably 25 people on this board that have banned by Dodds.  Two nights ago he was banning WVU fans left and right (per their site).  The list of banned people from the Dodds board has to be a mile long.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:13:07 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 02:46:56 AM »
I would post Michigan's awful season this year

Hey! You're out of line here. Leave Maizen Blue out of this! These are dark days for the Michigan alumni...

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 07:08:44 AM »
Additional examples where I was taking stabs at MU by starting threads about other teams and their scores.   ::)

Sorry to burst the bubble, but I've been posting other teams scores in conference and out of conference since this board started....whether it was Buzz or Crean coaching, whether it was a team we played or didn't play.

Just a few examples.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=16278.0

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=6143.0

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=5906.0

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=6910.0

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=5645.0

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=11561.0

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=10944.0

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=120.0

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=16453.0

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=6303.0

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=11530.0

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=2120.0

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=11303.0

Etc, etc, etc

Would you mind locating "gag job" posts you made after other tough losses?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2010, 07:36:18 AM »
I very proudly announce Dodds banned me years ago, probably for some very mild comments about the former dickhead coaching at my alma mater.

Let Freedom Ring.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback