Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UCONN beats Louisville 69-67  (Read 3166 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
UCONN beats Louisville 69-67
« on: January 28, 2008, 08:22:16 PM »
They are definitely the surprise team this year in the league along with Cincinnati

tower912

• All American
Re: UCONN beats Louisville 69-67
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 09:05:17 PM »
The talent was there, it just needed to mature.    I think Calhoun suspending the two focused the rest.   May have even united them against him and they are taking it out to the floor.     Weird to see those two teams playing that much zone.   Beating us with zones must have inspired both of them to try it elsewhere.    I hope Thabeet goes pro soon.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mviale

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 09:36:56 PM »
I think the only surprise was that it took this long
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 09:41:49 PM »
I hope Thabeet goes pro soon.   

He's here AT LEAST another year.

I wouldn't be suprised if Adrian left after this year though...

MUFanInGreenBay

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 09:50:15 PM »
UCONN and Louisville are the two most talented teams in the Big East followed by G-town and then Syracuse (when their fully healthy). I would put Marquette in that next tier with the likes of Notre Dame, West Virgina, and Villanova. I bet Crean could really tear it up with the kind of talent that Pitino and Calhoun consistently haul in. You got to give props to Crean. He really makes the most out of his talent. We haven't had a 5 star recruit come to Marquette in forever. Louisville, Syracuse, UCONN, and now G-town are getting them on a consistent basis.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 09:55:49 PM by MUFanInGreenBay »

Sweenz

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 10:04:01 PM »
Reading on the UConn boards, after the Marquette win, they felt they saw the light at the end of the tunnel for the first time since the halftime of the George Mason game...until they had two players suspended... but I think that UConn is waking up again after a down year, and that is bad news for Marquette to battle for the ranks of the Big East... 6-10 in the Big East won't happen in a long time again for UConn.

MUFanInGreenBay... don't you consider Pitt up there in the top 8 of talent in the Big East... especially when healthy, if you included Syracuse when healthy. Pitt is holding there own with backups and are the only team to beat Georgetown thus far.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 10:47:18 PM »
With Duke, UL, West Va & UConn - we have yet to have a bad loss.  Sure we've looked bad but they are bad losses per se. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MUFanInGreenBay

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 10:52:51 PM »
Reading on the UConn boards, after the Marquette win, they felt they saw the light at the end of the tunnel for the first time since the halftime of the George Mason game...until they had two players suspended... but I think that UConn is waking up again after a down year, and that is bad news for Marquette to battle for the ranks of the Big East... 6-10 in the Big East won't happen in a long time again for UConn.

MUFanInGreenBay... don't you consider Pitt up there in the top 8 of talent in the Big East... especially when healthy, if you included Syracuse when healthy. Pitt is holding there own with backups and are the only team to beat Georgetown thus far.

Sweenz, yeah I forgot to list them. They're in that same tier with MU, ND, WV, and Nova'. They're only real blue chip recruit, as in top 30/5-star in the last few years, is Blair who came in this year's recruiting class. They're a lot like MU in a lot of aspects in that Jamie Dixon has done a lot without reeling in McDonalds All-Americans. Still, they haven't advanced past the Sweet 16 in a long time now and that's prolly where that lack of a superstar recruit has hurt them. By the way, teams like Providence, Seton Hall, Cincy, Depaul, and even Rutgers to a certain extent aren't too far behind that tier that MU is in. In fact, they're pretty darn close. Those teams have some nice collection of talent as well. That's why this league is brutal.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 10:54:44 PM by MUFanInGreenBay »

MUFanInGreenBay

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 11:05:04 PM »
I hope Thabeet goes pro soon.   

He's here AT LEAST another year.

I wouldn't be suprised if Adrian left after this year though...

I just don't see how Adrien will go pro this year. In fact, I think there's a chance Adrien will never play in the NBA. He's one of those guys who seems to be a good college player, but who's game doesn't translate well to the NBA. He's too undersized to play PF in the NBA, and he doesn't have the perimeter skills right now to play the 3. He's a bad outside shooter. So where do you put him? I do see Hasheem Thabeet, Jerome Dyson, AJ Price, and prolly Stanley Robinson playing in the NBA though.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 11:23:27 PM by MUFanInGreenBay »

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 10:51:57 AM »
They are definitely the surprise team this year in the league along with Cincinnati

I don't think either is a surprise team. Everyone knew Connecticut had ridiculous talent as they always do but their key players were inexperienced. AJ Price had been out for two years. Thabeet was rawer then freshly hit deer on I-94 near Baraboo. Adrien as the best player was too young. It's being put together now.

As for Cincinnati, I think it's great they have 4 wins. They may end up with 6. They hit a good spot of playing, had some decent teams in that were vulnerable and took advantage. It will be a surprise if they make the BET but I don't think they'll be the surprise team of the conference.