Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Per Mark Miller... Matt Heldt just committed to MU  (Read 106704 times)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Per Mark Miller... Matt Heldt just committed to MU
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2014, 06:36:24 PM »
Traditional U. I like it. Great way to go up against UW, hey?

They'll probably turn it over by passing our guys the ball by mistake.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2014, 06:55:40 PM »
Bo did not offer Heldt cause they are choosing between Stone and Ellensen and have Sharma in the bag.

At least says the Badger boards...

My guess - Bo gets left holding the proverbial (golf) bag in the end and misses on all three...

I was too busy reading their comments about one of our player's parents again.  They sure love to talk about the parents of MU players over the years.  Wes's mom, Vander's dad, Maymon's dad, now Duane's dad.   ::)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2014, 06:57:08 PM »
A 5 that can hit the three? That's Badgeresque...er...Duke brand of ball! ;)

Can't wait to see PICK (heldt), ROLL (cohen), and FLICK (noskowiak)!
SS Marquette

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2014, 07:01:32 PM »
A 5 that can hit the three? That's Badgeresque...er...Duke brand of ball! ;)

Can't wait to see PICK (heldt), ROLL (cohen), and FLICK (noskowiak)!

I am with you my Pinoy brother. Heady times await the faithful!

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2014, 07:09:57 PM »
So we went from recruiting 4 star studs and JC all-americans with Buzz; to recruiting 3 star Kids from Neenah who were considering Lehigh and Drake?

Don't be a goofball.

How many stars were Mayo and Gardner? Fewer than Juan Anderson and Erik Williams, if I'm not mistaken. How many stars was the big center who just followed Buzz to VaTech? Is he a stud?

How many 4- and 5-star recruits did Wichita State have? How many did Butler have when it went to consecutive title games?

Rankings are fun ... until the players actually hit the court and we can see who can play and who can't.

I don't know if Heldt can play but I do know I'm going to give him every chance to show he can. I'm thrilled he's joining Wojo's Warriors!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2014, 07:25:58 PM »
Skilled big who can run the floor, shoot and score in the low post.....what's not to like?

Frank Kaminsky was a 3 star without any high major offers outside of UW....how did that work out?

230lbs now and trying to get up to 240 by the start of the season.

+1

He reads and sounds a lot like Kaminsky. 

Don't big develop slowly.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2014, 07:30:25 PM »
Watched Matt last summer with Nick N. and Pritzl. He interested me there - enough to keep tabs on. At that point, had him as a possible MM stud with potential to move up.

Watching him this spring, I thought he had made some nice strides. Versatile big and a good addition for the program. His mom was closely tracking his stats at one tournament this spring... I'm sure the family is quite proud. Great opportunity for him and MU alike.

Thought he looked quite a bit bigger (pause) this year - but was still running the court well. He'll need to make an impact inside and use his size, but definitely a kid who can do multiple things offensively, including score from the perimeter.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2014, 07:31:32 PM »
What happens if the former Black Swan is the former Blackswan \ AhoyaBallscout \ Mr. Hayward \ Canadian Dimes ?

Then he has matured - mightily. 

Seriously, don't mention Canadian Dimes, I felt an eerie chill.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2014, 07:34:50 PM »
I dont like this. I simply dont like it. Someone, anyone tell me how this is a good pick up?

Another case where the user name has a definite truth in advertising ring to it.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2014, 07:38:38 PM »
I was too busy reading their comments about one of our player's parents again.  They sure love to talk about the parents of MU players over the years.  Wes's mom, Vander's dad, Maymon's dad, now Duane's dad.   ::)

Yeah Bucky, start dumping on one of the state's top AAU coaches.  Me like.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2014, 07:47:36 PM »

I'm sure Breadtree will set them straight.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2014, 08:07:34 PM »
I run into Ike every few weeks and he is one passionate dude. One day he's talking about 2019 prospects, the next week he's talking about how Sandy Cohen is going to surprise people this year. He is easily one of the most connected guys in the state, if not the midwest. He's got a confident air about him, which may turn off some, but he is highly entertaining and very respected by the players. Certainly not someone to dump on.

jakeec

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2014, 08:47:46 PM »

My guess is if Henry stays in state, it will be at Marquette.  There doesn't seem to be much interest in UW from his end.

Where have you heard this from?  I have not heard this mentioned that Ellenson is not interested in UW.  Very interesting if true.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2014, 09:18:06 PM »
Where have you heard this from?  I have not heard this mentioned that Ellenson is not interested in UW.  Very interesting if true.

LOL...you are too busy ripping on Marquette on your little board to pay attention I see...

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2014, 09:21:29 PM »

LOL...you are too busy ripping on Marquette on your little board to pay attention I see...

I'm all for trolling Badgers fans but Jakeec is pretty tame compared to most over there.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2014, 09:23:08 PM »
I'm all for trolling Badgers fans but Jakeec is pretty tame compared to most over there.
He plays nice while he is here and is generally more open minded than some, but that is a pretty low bar. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2014, 09:31:30 PM »
He's gonna be a top 100 player by the end of this upcoming season. He runs the floor well, can score close to the hoop and from 3 and has tremendous upside. He wants to be at MU and has playing experience at the AAU level with our incoming point guard.

Wondering what your concerns are.

My concerns: 1. He is not athletic 2. Plays against poor high school competition.  3. Doesn't pass the eye test ( I seen him play in person). Im not impressed

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2014, 09:32:15 PM »
and this dipsh*t likely took 2 classes at UW-Marathon County before pledging his total allegiance and children's allegiance to the badgers:  

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2565&t=12968418

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2014, 09:37:11 PM »
My concerns: 1. He is not athletic 2. Plays against poor high school competition.  3. Doesn't pass the eye test ( I seen him play in person). Im not impressed
How much does not passing the eye test has to do with him being white?

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2014, 09:39:27 PM »
How much does not passing the eye test has to do with him being white?

A lot! A WHOLE lot

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2014, 09:40:47 PM »
and this dipsh*t likely took 2 classes at UW-Marathon County before pledging his total allegiance and children's allegiance to the badgers:  

Provincial doesn't begin to label some folks not only in Wisconsin, but the midwest in general.  Not necessarily a bad thing, but in all the places I've lived in this country and the world, the Midwest is remarkable in its provincial feelings.  It's as if you're anti-American or certain anti-incumbant state if you dare to consider the big blue marble we live on and dare to consider leaving the hive.  Reading that guy's post is just another example.

First of all, the whole idea of forcing my child to cheer for a certain team is foreign to me.  My dad didn't do it to me, I didn't do it to my son.  There are teams we both like and we have teams that are at opposite ends of the spectrum.  I get the idea of father and dad cheering for the same team, but would never force that decision.  The idea of not wanting them to ever leave the state and complete the brainwashing this guy talks about is precious.  I guarantee he is also a fan that will be the first one to claim the Badgers need more speed, get them from Florida, Texas, California.  Ironic

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2014, 09:42:41 PM »
A lot! A WHOLE lot

I'll ask again, why don't you just come out and say it.  You've been beating around the bush for the last few months....just say it. 

Texas Western

• All American

MU82

• All American
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2014, 10:34:13 PM »
A lot! A WHOLE lot

A lot stoopid.

A whole lot stoopid.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2014, 10:48:03 PM »

Reading that Vadger board, all I can say is, "What a bunch of arrogant pricks."
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

feedback