Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Austin Nichols transferring from Memphis  (Read 62709 times)

The Lens

• All American
Re: Austin Nichols transferring from Memphis
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2015, 01:03:09 PM »
Dude you have a Ners like obsession with calling out and beefing with the best poster on this board. Chill out man, the guy shared some info and sh!t ended up going another way. It happens. 

On top of that he's worried about the most certain part of Wojo's resume, recruiting.  We can debate his X's & O's, in-game adjustments, rotations all day long but recruiting? 

Let. It. Go.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2015, 01:08:44 PM »
It happens. I have a friend who thought the Packers wasted a draft pick on Aaron Rodgers.

I remember an MU classmate in 1989 saying Michael Jordan would never win an NBA Championship because he wasn't a team player.  BTW, that is not code that I said it, it really was not me.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2015, 01:10:26 PM »
Honestly, I'd be more concerned if you DID think Jimmy was gonna be anything close to what he is today.

The guy put the work in and shocked everyone plain and simple. He deserves all the credit for doing what no one could reasonably envision when first coming here.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2015, 01:15:32 PM »
Dude you have a Ners like obsession with calling out and beefing with the best poster on this board. Chill out man, the guy shared some info and sh!t ended up going another way. It happens. 

Dude, how did you get an MU degree with your reading ability this bad?  Read it again you will see I said nothing bad about BD, I asked him why everything the coaching staff said to him was wrong and why they had no backup plan after Miller/Lee.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2015, 01:16:31 PM »
Looks like there a new potential tennant. Go get em Wojo.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2015, 01:36:09 PM »
Dude, how did you get an MU degree with your reading ability this bad?  Read it again you will see I said nothing bad about BD, I asked him why everything the coaching staff said to him was wrong and why they had no backup plan after Miller/Lee.

I'm not criticizing, but why was everything you said wrong?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

uncle zeffy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2015, 01:43:32 PM »
Man, people getting upset on the internet that what they read/inferred is not 100% true/come into fruition. oh well gives me an excuse to post this

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 01:52:45 PM by uncle zeffy »

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2015, 01:48:29 PM »
I remember an MU classmate in 1989 saying Michael Jordan would never win an NBA Championship because he wasn't a team player.  BTW, that is not code that I said it, it really was not me.

Sorry to take this off topic, but your classmate was right about the first part.  Michael Jordan was not much of a team player.  Especially when compared to his predecessor stars Bird and Magic.  He is the first guy that was so great that it didn't matter that he wasn't a great team player.  Before him, I wouldn't have thought it possible to play like him and win a championship, either.  
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2015, 01:50:52 PM »

Change "was wrong" to "didn't pan out as hoped" and maybe some folks would agree with you.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2015, 02:21:13 PM »
I'm not criticizing, but why was everything you said wrong?

In this case, Big Daddy is a reporter ... He tells us what the coaches tell him.  As I have written over and over, I believe what he a wrote is accurate.

Why is it unfair to ask why all those "plan 1", "plan 2" two and "plan 3" fell apart in like three days and they had nothing after that.  Unless Marotta's kid was the backup plan.

Hoping for no flu bug or injury because their is no next man up this coming season.

uncle zeffy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2015, 02:35:08 PM »
In this case, Big Daddy is a reporter ... He tells us what the coaches tell him.  As I have written over and over, I believe what he a wrote is accurate.

Why is it unfair to ask why all those "plan 1", "plan 2" two and "plan 3" fell apart in like three days and they had nothing after that.  Unless Marotta's kid was the backup plan.

Hoping for no flu bug or injury because their is no next man up this coming season.

because they were plans, not guarantees.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2015, 02:49:58 PM »
See the part where the coaching staff said they were not concerned we had nothing scheduled with Lee.  That was a mistake.  

And who have we signed snce Lee and Miller blew up (that can play next season)? No one?  So we are going into next season with 10 bodies.

I understand your POV that everything is fine.  But it appears that the coaches were banking on Lee or Miller or both (via BD post) and when both went elsewhere the coaching staff was left with their pants around their ankles.

We are going into this coming season with 10 bodies.  And HE and Luke are both recoverying from Surgery.  If we stay at 9 or 10 it's a moot point.  But if the injury or flu bug hit and we are down to 7 or 6, like last year, remember the botched attempt to get Lee and Miller with no backup plan.  This is where the season was lost.

this is awesome....in one post responding to big daddy you say "how much of this should we believe" and a few posts later you use the source you just questioned (big daddy) as the only source for concerns over wojo's recruiting.  well done...

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2015, 02:51:55 PM »
this is awesome....in one post responding to big daddy you say "how much of this should we believe" and a few posts later you use the source you just questioned (big daddy) as the only source for concerns over wojo's recruiting.  well done...

Like I said, the trolls want to hate, that is all they see

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2015, 03:00:09 PM »
Why is Heisenberg trying to call out BigDaddy?

Well, it's because everyone's eyeballs go right to BigDaddy's posts right when they see his name pop up on Scoop, while everyone scrolls quickly past Heisenberg's post because they know what it's going to be and know it's going to be a bunch of nonsense.

BigDaddy is what Heisenberg aspires to be.  He wants the attention that BigDaddy gets, so he has to try to tear BigDaddy down.  The big difference is that BigDaddy doesn't ask for the attention, he simply gets it because he provides solid information, while Heisenberg will just annoy people to death by saying anything and everything that he can to get people to read his stuff.  "You guys are all looking at him.  You should be looking at me!"
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2015, 03:02:03 PM »

That was a very popular media trope back then: "Michael is great, but he'll NEVER win a title."

Jordan was no Magic but he made those around him better in his own way. Mostly, he drew all the defensive attention, so even if he didn't always pass out of the double teams, he might miss a shot and then Grant or Rodman were free for the rebounds. Michael also was an amazing defender.

Jordan also was a better passer than many give him credit for. He averaged 8 assists in 88-89. He passed to Paxson for the 1993 championship clincher and passed to Kerr for the 1997 championship clincher. And everybody remembers his famous "Double Nickel" game at MSG a week or so after he unretired in 1995, but what some don't remember is that he passed to Wennington for the winning dunk.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2015, 03:03:33 PM »
Recent tweet from Gary Parrish regarding Nichols:

"... I'm told the family will take about a week to sort through options. Then they'll contact schools. Then they'll try to decide by 8/1/15."

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2015, 03:10:37 PM »
That was a very popular media trope back then: "Michael is great, but he'll NEVER win a title."

Jordan was no Magic but he made those around him better in his own way. Mostly, he drew all the defensive attention, so even if he didn't always pass out of the double teams, he might miss a shot and then Grant or Rodman were free for the rebounds. Michael also was an amazing defender.

Jordan also was a better passer than many give him credit for. He averaged 8 assists in 88-89. He passed to Paxson for the 1993 championship clincher and passed to Kerr for the 1997 championship clincher. And everybody remembers his famous "Double Nickel" game at MSG a week or so after he unretired in 1995, but what some don't remember is that he passed to Wennington for the winning dunk.

Actually it was Grant who passed to Paxson in '93.  I've probably seen the sequence replayed 100 times.  Jordan inbounded to Armstrong, back to Jordan, passed to Pippen, passed to Grant, passed to Paxson for 3.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2015, 03:34:00 PM »
Actually it was Grant who passed to Paxson in '93.  I've probably seen the sequence replayed 100 times.  Jordan inbounded to Armstrong, back to Jordan, passed to Pippen, passed to Grant, passed to Paxson for 3.

BJ Armstrong went to my high school. We Are Brother Rice!!!
Bring back FFP!!!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2015, 03:49:33 PM »
Recent tweet from Gary Parrish regarding Nichols:

"... I'm told the family will take about a week to sort through options. Then they'll contact schools. Then they'll try to decide by 8/1/15."

I view that as a positive.  Hope he's got his passport ready for the Italy trip he'll be on.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2015, 03:58:32 PM »
I view that as a positive.  Hope he's got his passport ready for the Italy trip he'll be on.

He wouldn't be able to go as a transfer.  Rowsey cannot either.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2015, 04:02:07 PM »

He wouldn't be able to go as a transfer.  Rowsey cannot either.

Oh, okay.  Learn something new every day.  Thanks Sultan.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2015, 04:53:05 PM »
BJ Armstrong went to my high school. We Are Brother Rice!!!

BJ Armstrong is a bum.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2015, 05:04:38 PM »
BJ Armstrong is a bum.

ahh, another "he beat my dad's team so he is a classless prick" guy.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2015, 05:27:05 PM »
ahh, another "he beat my dad's team so he is a classless prick" guy.

Not quite. Just Scheyer and Cooley. Actually played against BJ in a pickup game. With the way he was acting you would have thought he was better then Lebron and Jordan. Yea, he was good but un unguardable. Plus he's Derrick Rose's agent.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2015, 05:39:28 PM »
So, he's wealthy, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"