Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jerrelle Deberry  (Read 5531 times)

mileskishnish72

• All American
Jerrelle Deberry
« on: January 31, 2013, 07:23:16 PM »
Was on Yahoo sports and saw an article "10 2014 Ballers to Watch" (or some such). Turns out one was Jerrelle Deberry, Milwaukee Destiny HS.
Did a search of this website, and found a post by Stone almost a year ago mentioning him. A more recent post by Midwest Ballers also had some info.
Some of the responses to those earlier posts indicated that maybe Destiny didn't play many good teams.

Guys in MKE, what's the deal on this kid? Are we on him? Yahoo says he's 6'4" and laid 39 on MKE Vincent (I hope Deonte wasn't guarding him). Sounds like a hometown kid with a knack for scoring.

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Jerrelle Deberry
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 07:37:04 PM »
Don't know this kid, but every year milw school for the arts or destiny, etc. have one kid on the team who can score. In the past years, these schools get crushed but one kid scores 80% of the points. Again, haven't seen or heard this kid.  He maybe great.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 07:43:38 PM »
MU is aware of him . Not sure the level of interest...might be more of a mid-major type.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 08:01:39 PM »
On him. Last name was Savage. Played with Looney as frosh b4 transferring to Destiny
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

OrangeGreenGolden

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 08:22:29 PM »
Played against this dude. He is a great player. And not just a good player on a bad team. Just last year destiny lost by single digits in the playoffs to eventual runaway state champion Dominican. Would not be surprised if they were even better this year. Deberry deserves a long MU look!

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 09:13:08 PM »
For those curious about the 39 point game against Vincent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR8Hxmck5AE

I've never seen him play live, but he strikes me as more of a UWM kid than MU.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 10:03:36 PM »
ESPN shows that he's being recruited by MU, Iowa and Minnesota, but he only has offers from UW-Milwaukee and UW-Green Bay.  Anyone following MU this year would have to like his three point range.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 10:26:28 PM »
http://fox6now.com/2013/01/29/beyond-the-game-jerrelle-deberry-is-star-on-high-school-b-ball-court/

Okay, so you have an avatar where Buzz has hair, and a signature line photo of Buzz in a hat.  Just what is it about Buzz's bald dome that you cannot abide?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 10:29:37 PM »
Don't ya know?  The dome is out, monarch and aki replaced by droopy dog and the chewster.  A lot more hair on that bench.  ;)

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 10:45:16 PM »
ESPN shows that he's being recruited by MU, Iowa and Minnesota, but he only has offers from UW-Milwaukee and UW-Green Bay.  Anyone following MU this year would have to like his three point range.

I'd be surprised if MU offered. Great HS player, not sure if he's high-major yet.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 01:46:56 AM »
Okay, so you have an avatar where Buzz has hair, and a signature line photo of Buzz in a hat.  Just what is it about Buzz's bald dome that you cannot abide?

Ask Dr Freud

Death on call

nyg

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 08:09:04 AM »

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 08:23:36 AM »
On the video, is #30 in white Deonte? Whoever it is, it looks like this Jerrelle schooled him pretty good.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 08:57:19 AM »

Rockmic87

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 01:29:45 AM »
I don't know much about this kid. However, he owned Burton when they played Vincent with Buzz in attendance. Looks like he has a lot of potential. Could see him being Vanders replacement in next tears recruiting class. Seems to be under the radar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR8Hxmck5AE

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 05:17:51 AM »
He doesn't have high major fluidity to his game.  His movement looks a bit weird.  I would say no thanks.  However, looks like Deonte was a bit sleepy because he got abused.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 07:39:17 AM »
He looks very special in the video.  He should be on MU's radar.  We need shooters.

QuetteHoops

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 07:55:56 AM »
I don't know much about this kid. However, he owned Burton when they played Vincent with Buzz in attendance. Looks like he has a lot of potential. Could see him being Vanders replacement in next tears recruiting class. Seems to be under the radar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR8Hxmck5AE

He's not a high major player at this point. It's really as simple as that. And he most certainly will not be able to replace Blue.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 08:38:20 AM »
He looks very special in the video.  He should be on MU's radar.  We need shooters.

Not sure he'd be able to get his shot off at a high D1 level, to be honest. Has an odd release.

Nice player, but doubt he's a high-major guy.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 09:07:55 AM »

I guess it depends on your definition of "very special". Is he a great high school basketball player? Yes. Is he going to have a nice collegiate career? Probably. Will that career be at a program the caliber of MU? No.

He's similar to McKay's little brother in my mind. Great scorer's mentality and a solid all-around game. But its like making the jump from the Big East to the NBA, you have to have the ceiling to push your game to another level. I just don't see him having the athleticism, handle, or shot to cut it at a place like MU.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

ronald dragon

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 10:27:08 AM »
I saw a video one time where buzz was in the stands watching him. Still, I don't think he is quite MU talent, more of a mid major player

feedback