Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond  (Read 168782 times)

brandx

Re: Diamond
« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2015, 11:30:45 AM »
I hope people don't miss his point.  He's "rock solid," but Chicos is "50/50."  But, his information was exactly the same as Chicos' on this point.  Freeport doesn't share his information on the board because it's too much of a headache.  It's a sad state of affairs when the posters with "rock solid" information won't share it because if the inevitable crap that is thrown their way.  And the number of such posters is growing.  I don't blame them.

Fortunately, I don't know crap, so it's not a problem for me.

I don't think we want to get into comparing Freeport and Chicos. No comparison. I take Freeport's posts as gospel (sure, there is the chance someone could change his mind after Freeport gets his info).

Chicos is just looking to argue about anything, anytime. He's condescending to those who don't think like he does, and like a child, always needs to get in the last word. THAT is the reason he is hassled for things like "stone-cold lock". It's not because his info was wrong.

I think almost to a man here on this board, we appreciate when posters want to share their info. I, and I believe most others here, don't need a source named when info is given.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2015, 11:35:48 AM »
Chit Murray, you are old. E F Hutton hasn't been in business since the mid 80's, hey?

Well, I did used to call Al, "son".  He was fine with it once I put him in my will.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2015, 11:41:35 AM »
I don't think we want to get into comparing Freeport and Chicos. No comparison. I take Freeport's posts as gospel (sure, there is the chance someone could change his mind after Freeport gets his info).

Chicos is just looking to argue about anything, anytime. He's condescending to those who don't think like he does, and like a child, always needs to get in the last word. THAT is the reason he is hassled for things like "stone-cold lock". It's not because his info was wrong.

I think almost to a man here on this board, we appreciate when posters want to share their info. I, and I believe most others here, don't need a source named when info is given.

+ a billion. People who bring real information (like Freeport) are invaluable and much appreciated. People who piggyback other's info and then write countless (and usually inaccurate) posts congratulating themselves about it? Not so much.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2015, 12:06:33 PM »

Look at the Mayo thing.  Chicos was given bad information...or Marquette simply changed its mind on whether or not he could return.

But instead of acknowledging that, Chicos still claims he was right.  Even though Todd came back AFTER Chicos said he wouldn't, only to be booted later.

Really all Chicos had to do is acknowledge that, for whatever reason, Marquette decided to give him once more chance.  He simply loses credibility otherwise.

breadtree

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2015, 12:12:01 PM »
The recruiting process is not that fun.  To many people offering you things they should not.  To many handlers looking to get a piece of your pie. 

What is fun is making your decision and letting the love from your new school come pouring in.

So I assume no one wants to put this process off.  Yes, some do, like those they have not committed, but they said early on that was their goal.  I assume they want to pick their school based on next year's roster which is why they are holding off.

But when you give a November date for your decision, and let it pass without comment, something is wrong.  And it makes perfect sense that he cannot qualify.

Bolded 1:  No one wants to, except those who do.  Yep.  

Bolded 2:  There's a lot of hearsay and speculation in this thread, but this is frequently repeated and is just incorrect.  http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2014/11/5/7163355/diamond-stone-decision-date-father-uconn-wisconsin  Bob Stone was saying before that date it might not be the date.  The Stones have played this pretty close to the vest, and this is one of the only bits of tangible info that has ever really come out.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2015, 12:36:23 PM »
Bolded 1:  No one wants to, except those who do.  Yep.  

Bolded 2:  There's a lot of hearsay and speculation in this thread, but this is frequently repeated and is just incorrect.  http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2014/11/5/7163355/diamond-stone-decision-date-father-uconn-wisconsin  Bob Stone was saying before that date it might not be the date.  The Stones have played this pretty close to the vest, and this is one of the only bits of tangible info that has ever really come out.

He can't get a passing grade on his ACT.  It's as simple as that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2015, 12:38:16 PM »
Except you would be wrong....again.  If someone like Jeff Goodman or ESPN or recruiting experts send out a tweet that such and such has committed to a school.  Fine.  That's newsworthy and I see no issue in that.   That is far different than following some 16 year old kid and following his every whim, who's he porking, how the chem test went, how he hopes Suzie Q's parents aren't home tonight, etc, etc.   I don't get into that.  I don't follow minors, but I am a college basketball fan so if someone in the industry or field says a guy has just announced or the rumor is that he is about to announce, I don't see any comparison to following the day to day activities of some 16 or 17 year old kid.  That's my opinion, plenty of people totally disagree which is fine.

No goalposts moved, no borders changing, no special exceptions...just common sense.  You're a smart guy Wade, I know you understand the difference.  Your other stuff about pedofiles, etc, was a strawman special.

I don't "follow" the 16 year olds on twitter either. Not because I think it's creepy, but because I just don't care. However, if Goodman or any other recruiting source retweets one of the minors' tweets, that I will acknowledge. Does that fit in your paradigm?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2015, 01:18:26 PM »
Chit Murray, you are old. E F Hutton hasn't been in business since the mid 80's, hey?

They eaaarrrrrnnnn it.

Who could forget those commercials?

I think EF's grandson & others tried to revive the company a few years ago. Not sure how it is going..
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2015, 01:19:23 PM »
He can't get a passing grade on his ACT.  It's as simple as that.
For NCAA purposes, there is no such thing as a passing grade on the ACT.  What NCAA looks at is a sliding scale combination of both the ACT and GPA (and there is a minimum GPA as well, which is scheduled to increase next year).

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2015, 01:31:42 PM »
They eaaarrrrrnnnn it.

I think EF's grandson & others tried to revive the company a few years ago. Not sure how it is going..

I think that you're getting E F Hutton confused with Smith Barney which did the commercial with John Houseman delivering that line.

E F Hutton  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX7ZEotoFh0

Smith Barney  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAMRXqQXemU

"Good investments don't walk up, bite you on the bottom...."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:39:46 PM by LittleWade »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2015, 01:33:30 PM »
They eaaarrrrrnnnn it.

Apparently you did.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2015, 01:44:48 PM »

Apparently you did.

Guys give him a break, Texas Southern made the tourney

brandx

« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2015, 01:50:44 PM »
I think that you're getting E F Hutton confused with Smith Barney which did the commercial with John Houseman delivering that line.

E F Hutton  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX7ZEotoFh0

Smith Barney  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAMRXqQXemU

"Good investments don't walk up, bite you on the bottom...."

He did.

EF Hutton was the one where everyone would drop what they were doing to listen to what EF Hutton had to say.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2015, 01:53:58 PM »
For NCAA purposes, there is no such thing as a passing grade on the ACT.  What NCAA looks at is a sliding scale combination of both the ACT and GPA (and there is a minimum GPA as well, which is scheduled to increase next year).

Right.  And Stone needs an 18 to become eligible to play.  He hasn't done that yet.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2015, 02:13:34 PM »
Right.  And Stone needs an 18 to become eligible to play.  He hasn't done that yet.

And how exaxtly do you know Diamond has a 2.50-2.60 GPA?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2015, 02:58:43 PM »

And how exactly do you know Diamond has a 2.50-2.60 GPA?

Doesn't everyone struggling to qualify have a 2.50 to 2.60 GPA?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2015, 07:38:16 PM »
Min on core-courses is 2.00 gpa I do believe.. for another year. Then we move to 2.30.

I will check with my TD E*Trade broker on Thursday. He knows these things well. We're getting together Thursday when the Rolling Stones put out their tour schedule. I love Paul McCartney!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2015, 07:53:55 PM »

Look at the Mayo thing.  Chicos was given bad information...or Marquette simply changed its mind on whether or not he could return.

But instead of acknowledging that, Chicos still claims he was right.  Even though Todd came back AFTER Chicos said he wouldn't, only to be booted later.

Really all Chicos had to do is acknowledge that, for whatever reason, Marquette decided to give him once more chance.  He simply loses credibility otherwise.

So you want me to lie and state things that did not happen?  Uhm, ok.  Sorry, not going to do it.  Mayo was GONE.  You can PM me if you wish, I've already given you the invite....you just haven't taken it.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2015, 07:54:50 PM »
Mark Miller
‏@WisBBYearbook
Sources close to the situation believe Diamond Stone is close to a decision. Perhaps later this month. Maryland and Wisconsin in the lead.

I guess he got what he needed

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2015, 07:57:45 PM »
I don't "follow" the 16 year olds on twitter either. Not because I think it's creepy, but because I just don't care. However, if Goodman or any other recruiting source retweets one of the minors' tweets, that I will acknowledge. Does that fit in your paradigm?

I expect them to filter the nonsense and not retweet anything that gets people here and elsewhere all spun up.  "Today sucked".....oh noes, Bobby Superstar said "today sucked" so he's surely not coming to MU any longer.  That kind of thing.  It's beyond ridiculous.  So I don't worry about that stuff happening from a reporter unless it's newsworthy.  The speculation game and trying to figure out or even care (to your point) what some 16 year old kid is doing and tracking them is part of the problem so many of these guys have heads the size of hotels and all too many believe they should be worshiped. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2015, 08:03:38 PM »
I expect them to filter the nonsense and not retweet anything that gets people here and elsewhere all spun up.  "Today sucked".....oh noes, Bobby Superstar said "today sucked" so he's surely not coming to MU any longer.  That kind of thing.  It's beyond ridiculous.  So I don't worry about that stuff happening from a reporter unless it's newsworthy.  The speculation game and trying to figure out or even care (to your point) what some 16 year old kid is doing and tracking them is part of the problem so many of these guys have heads the size of hotels and all too many believe they should be worshiped. 

That's totally fair.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2015, 08:12:59 PM »

That's been going on long before Twitter came around.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2015, 08:13:55 PM »
Mark Miller
‏@WisBBYearbook
Sources close to the situation believe Diamond Stone is close to a decision. Perhaps later this month. Maryland and Wisconsin in the lead.

I guess he got what he needed

Like I said, they will find a way.

Having said that, Stone has been "close to a decision" about 4 times already.

breadtree

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2015, 08:19:55 PM »
Like I said, they will find a way.

Having said that, Stone has been "close to a decision" about 4 times already.

So which is it?  He needs an 18 because it's cut and dried and that's the explanation for why he hasn't chosen?  Or those immoral cheaters at Wisconsin and Maryland will find a way regardless of his grades/scores so he's not waiting on an ACT, but he's yet to decide?  Your post seems to want to imply both. 

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2015, 08:21:56 PM »
So you want me to lie and state things that did not happen?  Uhm, ok.  Sorry, not going to do it.  Mayo was GONE.  You can PM me if you wish, I've already given you the invite....you just haven't taken it.

The Sultan obviously does not have the time to PM  ;)