Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bo Ryan Story  (Read 128594 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Bo Ryan Story
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2015, 09:43:37 AM »
the reflexive blaming of Marquette

This really did make me laugh out loud.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2015, 10:26:50 AM »
IMO the only way the whole story, if there is on, comes out is if Barry wants it to. Part of the rumors are not new and people in community knew about it. I do not think the local media will dig into this and someone will have to leak things to get it out there. Also, I do think it is very strange that he left town early the next morning with no return date. I get that it was a major career/life announcement but not sticking around to help in transition is odd to me.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2015, 10:46:17 AM »
Interesting that they met at Bo's condominium. So Bo has a house and a condo in Madison? I wonder how long he's owned the condo.

I am surprised they met at the condo since Bo had been living at the HotelRed for months...

Death on call

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2015, 10:47:38 AM »
I am surprised they met at the condo since Bo had been living at the HotelRed for months...

Rumors were he moved back to the condo in recent weeks.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2015, 10:49:43 AM »
Keefe

You and I might not know a lot about ball, but sure know how to dig into the important off court x's and o's!! Actually you do know your ball better than most.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2015, 10:50:34 AM »
Keefe

You and I might not know a lot about ball, but sure know how to dig into the important off court x's and o's!! Actually you do know your ball better than most.

Let's not give Keefe too much credit here...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2015, 10:53:02 AM »
Did anyone happen to catch the comment section on that article before the site shut it down?  Apparently there were some posts spelling out the rumored reason why Bo was forced out. Even some folks over in Buckyville think Barry's insulating himself from whatever truth will come out.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2015, 10:54:19 AM »
Did anyone happen to catch the comment section on that article before the site shut it down?  Apparently there were some posts spelling out the rumored reason why Bo was forced out. Even some folks over in Buckyville think Barry's insulating himself from whatever truth will come out.

A lot of the same stuff that has been mentioned here.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2015, 10:54:41 AM »
I heard that Vander Blue cooled on Bo after hearing about his off court behavior.

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2015, 11:03:42 AM »
Normally, I'd feel dirty hearing and talking about all these rumors. But after hearing for 15 years how everyone is dirty, but their program is pristine and always does things the right way, I'll enjoy the hell out of this.

Also, the state media will not report on this until a Deadspin/TMZ type site puts it out there. UW is not messing around.

+1 It will be wonderful, but it has to come from the outside. No one in Madison media will have the willingness nor the stones to take this on.

The media protects the UW like the Kremlin in Madison

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2015, 11:05:42 AM »
I heard that Vander Blue cooled on Bo after hearing about his off court behavior.

F#cking great, man!

I hate those sanctimonious arseholes over in the People's Democratic Republic

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2015, 11:12:49 AM »
+1 It will be wonderful, but it has to come from the outside. No one in Madison media will have the willingness nor the stones to take this on.

The media protects the UW like the Kremlin in Madison

It simply won't come out at all.  We will hear whispers, and then there will be silence, just like every other big time face in college basketball.  UNC has its student athletes take fake classes?  Oh my gosh!  Death penalty!  Has anybody heard anything since?  Nope.  Louisville paid for prostitutes during recruiting trips for parents, players, and recruits alike!  Oh my!  How could this be!  They should be nailed, Pittino is a dead man walking!  And now?  Not a word.

Money can make a lot of people close their mouths...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2015, 01:33:17 PM »
It simply won't come out at all.  We will hear whispers, and then there will be silence, just like every other big time face in college basketball.  UNC has its student athletes take fake classes?  Oh my gosh!  Death penalty!  Has anybody heard anything since?  Nope.  Louisville paid for prostitutes during recruiting trips for parents, players, and recruits alike!  Oh my!  How could this be!  They should be nailed, Pittino is a dead man walking!  And now?  Not a word.

Money can make a lot of people close their mouths...

It'll come out. Not saying it will go anywhere, but it'll come out. Both the UNC and Louisville stories hit the national press before they were swept away. I fully expect the same will happen in Madison.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2015, 01:34:30 PM »
What exactly is there to report about UNC and Louisville that hasn't been said already?

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2015, 01:42:50 PM »
What exactly is there to report about UNC and Louisville that hasn't been said already?

Sanctions!
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2015, 01:43:17 PM »
  Sanctions!

So in other words...nothing.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2015, 01:50:46 PM »
  Sanctions!

Well, you do have to wait for the sanctions before you can report the sanctions.

The Raleigh paper has had fairly regular updates on the UNC situation, including a couple of multi-part looks at what's still going on.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2015, 02:38:40 PM »
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2015, 02:50:00 PM »
And so it begins...!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2015, 03:05:37 PM »

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2015, 03:05:52 PM »
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2015, 03:08:12 PM »
I'll just leave this here...

http://terezowens.com/bo-ryan-retired-because-of-womanizing/
My favorite line from the link provided:

"maybe Bo Ryan was spreading his mayonnaise too much around Madison if you get what i’m putting down"
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2015, 03:08:18 PM »
This is going to be the most exciting Christmas in years.

Those of you familiar with my mad Scoop-trolling skillz... you should see the troll job I'm pulling on the home front right now.  I've already fired a warning shot with my "Grinch" themed Christmas card containing an esoteric tagline of "Only a Grinch quits during the holiday season."  I can't wait to see nearly my extended family in a few days... who are typically emblazoned in red this time of year (and not because they're dressed up like Santa).

Like the Grinch himself, Bo has saved Christmas this year.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2015, 03:11:50 PM »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2015, 03:45:14 PM »
Do you think Barry is pushing this story to come out a little? I mean, do you think he has enough of an ego to want to "punish" Bo for retiring, then unretiring because Bo didn't want Barry to hire someone besides Gard?

If there is one thing you need to know, it's that Barry's ego is bigger than the state of Wisconsin.

Not sure why you guys think that the local Madison press would sweep this under the rug.  It means more views and clicks to their website.  It wouldn't burn any bridges if it was true.   In fact, it may make Barry think about getting out while he still has a favorable reputation.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 04:01:10 PM by Hards_Alumni »