[June 08, 2024, 07:03:51 PM]

And The New...... by Tyler COLEk
[June 08, 2024, 11:45:55 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Herman Cain
[June 08, 2024, 11:31:50 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MuggsyB
[June 08, 2024, 10:56:27 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bo Ryan Story  (Read 129147 times)

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
Re: Bo Ryan Story
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2015, 03:52:25 PM »
Well, you do have to wait for the sanctions before you can report the sanctions.

The Raleigh paper has had fairly regular updates on the UNC situation, including a couple of multi-part looks at what's still going on.

Pack Pride (NCS) has started it, Running with it, and Bulldogging it to the end.  Worth a read.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2015, 04:36:04 PM »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2015, 04:45:57 PM »
If there is one thing you need to know, it's that Barry's ego is bigger than the state of Wisconsin.

Not sure why you guys think that the local Madison press would sweep this under the rug.  It means more views and clicks to their website.  It wouldn't burn any bridges if it was true.   In fact, it may make Barry think about getting out while he still has a favorable reputation.

Hards isn't just a pretty face around here, people.  He's brought up two very important points that should be considered separately:

1) Barry's ego.

2) The objective of the press is to increase the eyeballs on them, not to serve as a lackey for a reputed member of the community.

Now consider, despite the truthiness of #2, that's not going to stop a reputable member of a community with a large ego from trying.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2015, 05:34:12 PM »
Hards isn't just a pretty face around here, people.  He's brought up two very important points that should be considered separately:

1) Barry's ego.

2) The objective of the press is to increase the eyeballs on them, not to serve as a lackey for a reputed member of the community.

Now consider, despite the truthiness of #2, that's not going to stop a reputable member of a community with a large ego from trying.

For what it's worth, Barry is a master at this exact thing.  It's an open secret around Madison that he and Bielema are/were philanderers.  The amount of locker room behavior throughout his career is rather shocking.  What is more shocking is that it never seems to gain much traction when it's brought up.  Barry as run Madison like the Godfather for decades, and many around town are none the wiser.

Personally, I think those days are numbered.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2015, 05:35:15 PM »
If there is one thing you need to know, it's that Barry's ego is bigger than the state of Wisconsin.

Not sure why you guys think that the local Madison press would sweep this under the rug.  It means more views and clicks to their website.  It wouldn't burn any bridges if it was true.   In fact, it may make Barry think about getting out while he still has a favorable reputation.

1) Barry's ego.

Actually, I think Hards added a third very notable point, one that I've bolded above. If there is any fire to this smoke, and if Barry might get burned, perhaps he'll be on his way out.

Damn how about that internet speculation: two 'ifs' and one 'perhaps' in one sentence.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2015, 06:00:07 PM »

So in other words...nothing.

I would argue that that's the most important part.  Closure.  What happened, what didn't happen, and what's going to happen because of it?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2015, 07:04:14 PM »
This goes back as far as his Platteville days. People around the program in Platteville at the time aren't in the least surprised by recent rumblings of his womanizing. I'd have to imagine people in Madison were also aware of more recent incidents so I'm thinking there is something nefarious out there that led to the oddly timed resignation. 
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2015, 07:31:19 PM »
I would argue that that's the most important part.  Closure.  What happened, what didn't happen, and what's going to happen because of it?

Because it isn't over.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2015, 07:40:15 PM »
This is going to be the most exciting Christmas in years.

Those of you familiar with my mad Scoop-trolling skillz... you should see the troll job I'm pulling on the home front right now.  I've already fired a warning shot with my "Grinch" themed Christmas card containing an esoteric tagline of "Only a Grinch quits during the holiday season." 

How about a pic of the card, since apparently you haven't sent me one this year.    ;)
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2015, 07:52:30 PM »
Tara

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2015, 08:11:29 PM »
Tara

Second time you've said this name (that I've seen), but perhaps you could connect a few dots for me.  Or give me a good google search phrase -- I mean, I can find some sweeties when searching "Tara", but I doubt any of those give Bo a second of their time.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2015, 08:17:43 PM »
Second time you've said this name (that I've seen), but perhaps you could connect a few dots for me.  Or give me a good google search phrase -- I mean, I can find some sweeties when searching "Tara", but I doubt any of those give Bo a second of their time.
Thank you!  when the other reference was responded with a "gone with the wind" (Keefe?) i assumed i wasn't in the know on some subtle Scoop nuance. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2015, 08:19:52 PM »

http://www.migllc.biz/team/tara-saleh/

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2015, 08:22:54 PM »

http://www.migllc.biz/team/tara-saleh/

"She holds a wealth of history in developing and sustaining business relationships with a broad spectrum of partners and business leaders across the State of Wisconsin"

And there you have it!
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2015, 08:29:14 PM »
Gotta say his taste in dames is championship caliber. Sure hope he didn't pick up his dribble, hey?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:30:47 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2015, 08:36:22 PM »
Gotta say his taste in dames is championship caliber. Sure hope he didn't pick up his dribble, hey?

I wonder what her twins think?  No...not those twins...
http://www.ibmadison.com/In-Business-Madison/March-2015/Red-Carpet-Affair-The-2015-40-Under-40-Class/index.php?cparticle=7&siarticle=6

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2015, 08:40:59 PM »
Well lacking a sense of smell probably helps in this case.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2015, 08:54:25 PM »
Ya think Barry's been sniffin' 'round, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MilWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2015, 09:02:22 PM »

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2015, 09:03:04 PM »
http://deadspin.com/bo-ryans-tenure-as-wisconsin-head-coach-ended-strangely-1749380378

Nothing new, just noting that something doesn't "smell" right.

I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2015, 09:48:10 PM »
http://deadspin.com/bo-ryans-tenure-as-wisconsin-head-coach-ended-strangely-1749380378

Nothing new, just noting that something doesn't "smell" right.

That's the classic Deadspin fishing post. They got something, but they need more.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2015, 09:50:17 PM »
Wasn't Tara the one who crashed the Whitehouse with her husband? Or was it another Saleh

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2015, 09:55:25 PM »

I love Scoop. God help me but I love it so...

Death on call

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2015, 10:12:25 PM »
I'm going to get a big 'ole bag of popcorn - because I think we will surpass the Shaka-to-MU thread in here.

Logi4three

• Team Captain
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2015, 10:26:26 PM »

I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but how much coverage did Madison media do on Barry's alleged infidelities in South Bend, alleged knock-up of a cheerleader in Madison and alleged son microwaving his fraternity brother's parrot in Madison?