'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

What result will be more satisfactory for MU this season?

Big East regular season championship
56 (37.8%)
Big East tournament championship
13 (8.8%)
Sweet 16
78 (52.7%)
none of the above, but some nice individual honors (Buzz BE Coach of Year or Jerel BE POY First team All-American)
1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Voting closed: March 05, 2009, 11:22:36 AM

Author Topic: What will you be more satisfied with?  (Read 4571 times)

Coleman

• All American
Re: What will you be more satisfied with?
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 04:09:50 PM »
The biggest advantage to a sweet 16 run is that the season lasts longer than if we won the Big East but lost in the second round.  Win that second game in the tournament and you get a minimum of 4-6 extra days of excitement.  But I chose winning the Big East Regular Season title because to me that is the most impressive feat on the list.

I agree with all of this. I just graduated this past year and I remember the feeling on campus the week after our 1st or 2nd round losses. Even if we had lost in the sweet 16....you get a whole nother week to enjoy it...you only get a day or 2 after the first round.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 04:10:30 PM »
The biggest advantage to a sweet 16 run is that the season lasts longer than if we won the Big East but lost in the second round.  Win that second game in the tournament and you get a minimum of 4-6 extra days of excitement.

Isn't that the truth.  I hate that feeling when, all of the sudden. the season is over.  Especially when expectations are high.  Another awful feeling is when a streak ends...like the USF game.  Suddenly, in an instant, it's over.  I hate that.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 04:45:15 PM »
Big East Regular Season Championship

Stick it to everyone who thinks we do not belong

mug644

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 05:05:09 PM »
I chose the regular season title.  But if the NCAA tournament choice was changed to Elite Eight, I would choose that. 

+1.

I've been reading posts with interest, trying to figure out how I feel. This is it. The regular season title "lasts longer" than what would undoubtedly be a disappointing end to a great season if we only reach the Sweet 16.

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 05:17:14 PM »
I took the poll to mean, I could have one of the options guaranteed, and take my chances on the others.  Therefore I took the BE regular season championship, assuming this would equate to a 2 seed and I'd like our chances of getting to the sweet 16.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 09:24:53 PM »
16 teams make the Sweet 16 every year. That is not very memorable. Winning the Big East regular championship is much more of an accomplishment. The problem I have is winning the championship and then not makeing the Sweet 16. Of course that is what happen to Georgetown last year. All in all I rather be last year's Georgetown's team than last year's Villanova.

MUPig

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 09:31:22 PM »
Big East Regular Season Championship

Stick it to everyone who thinks we do not belong

+1

BE Champions would be more significant than Sweet 16 exit.  However - any deeper into the tourney- I would take the tourney over BE Champ.

feedback