Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jayce Johnson Knee Sprain  (Read 43469 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Jayce Johnson Knee Sprain
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2019, 08:08:09 PM »
Only question is 'can he tough it out on the bench until the end of this game, or must they operate immediately??'
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2019, 08:08:29 PM »
Does Wojo have a post game presser for exhibition games?  We could have answers within the hour.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2019, 08:09:11 PM »
Does Wojo have a post game presser for exhibition games?  We could have answers within the hour.

Yes. But he's going to play mind-games with 94 warrior

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2019, 08:15:05 PM »
I’m guessing it’s somewhere in between. But him walking doesn’t rule out what 94 thinks happened. Most people can walk after a torn ACL.

If it’s what they say (knee sprain) it could be a multiple week recovery. But he could be walking gingerly just because the knee brace is uncomfortable or restricted.

Nobody knows.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2019, 08:17:17 PM »
I’m guessing it’s somewhere in between. But him walking doesn’t rule out what 94 thinks happened. Most people can walk after a torn ACL.

If it’s what they say (knee sprain) it could be a multiple week recovery. But he could be walking gingerly just because the knee brace is uncomfortable or restricted.

Nobody knows.

lol

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2019, 08:18:07 PM »
Watching him from the upper deck get up and walk to the team huddle each timeout, I think it’s pretty obvious they are going to have to amputate.

But will he still be able to play?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2019, 08:21:01 PM »
But will he still be able to play?

If Otule could play with one eye, why not one leg? 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2019, 08:30:39 PM »
Greg just limped off. Looks to be fatal.

RIP.

DJO's Jaw

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2019, 08:32:53 PM »
Greg just limped off. Looks to be fatal.

RIP.

I have first hand information that they had to put him down. It’s a real bummer.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2019, 08:36:21 PM »
Cheerleader just threw his amputated leg into the crowd. Someone in row three got a great souvenir.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2019, 08:36:32 PM »
Watching him from the upper deck get up and walk to the team huddle each timeout, I think it’s pretty obvious they are going to have to amputate.
I don’t think he’s out for the year, just until April.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 08:50:41 PM by 94Warrior »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2019, 08:37:25 PM »
So does this mean Jayce can take a redshirt and be eligible for next year?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2019, 08:38:11 PM »
So does this mean Jayce can take a redshirt and be eligible for next year?

By rule no. But by waiver and/or future rule, yes and be paid $1,000,000 for doing so.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2019, 08:39:17 PM »
Cheerleader just threw his amputated leg into the crowd. Someone in row three got a great souvenir.

I’ll look for that on E-Bay.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2019, 09:04:01 PM »
Wojo just said Jayce is defintely going to miss some time........mentioned weeks.....doesn't sound season ending but wasn't just sitting out a meaningless exhibition game

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2019, 09:06:36 PM »
Wojo just said Jayce is defintely going to miss some time........mentioned weeks.....doesn't sound season ending but wasn't just sitting out a meaningless exhibition game

Yep, it'll be awhile for sure.  That wasn't anything akin to 'no biggie'.  There goes the 2 bigs approach in the interim.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2019, 09:08:45 PM »
Agreed.  He is not moving well.  I will be very surprised if this is not a season-ending injury.  He looked very solid in the Open Practices.  Huge blow to the season if it is as bad as it appears.

Can we wait for some info....
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2019, 09:10:57 PM »
2-4 weeks is what it says online, that's typical recovery...so maybe back by Orlando??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2019, 09:16:01 PM »
Well Wojo now has an excuse if he doesn’t meet expectations again this year.

I guess he can’t go to the podium and spit out “we’ve played Xavier and Villanova twice, we have the youngest roster in the big east, etc, etc.” but he can use Jayce as a crutch if needed

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2019, 09:28:34 PM »
Well Wojo now has an excuse if he doesn’t meet expectations again this year.

I guess he can’t go to the podium and spit out “we’ve played Xavier and Villanova twice, we have the youngest roster in the big east, etc, etc.” but he can use Jayce as a crutch if needed

Very cool.

Certainly sounds like no fans want to see Wojo losing to me! Just different ways of being equally good Marquette basketball fans here. Nothing wrong with some productive critiquing!

Hey Jesse, you still liking the posts of 18-22 year old college students on Instagram and claiming Marquette requires their basketball players to do community service so they can take videos of it and put them out on social media so that when they get blasted by Indiana the alums can still feel happy that they’re flying private to do so?

Go Marquette buddy! I’m guessing those tickets from MU player families from all your networking are going to be flying in with posts like these!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 09:34:10 PM by GarciasWorld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2019, 09:53:33 PM »
Yep, it'll be awhile for sure.  That wasn't anything akin to 'no biggie'.  There goes the 2 bigs approach in the interim.

Sure got quite around here after Wojo’s interview.  I hate being right...

muguru

• All American
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2019, 09:57:13 PM »

But it wasn't a torn ACL like you were surmising. It's a sprain, he will miss SOME time, but he WILL be back

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2019, 09:57:32 PM »

You wanna go ahead and define "right"

I will be very surprised if this is not a season-ending injury.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2019, 10:12:53 PM »
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2019/10/29/marquette-beats-st-norbert-exhibition-game/2490825001/

"He's going to be week to week," MU head coach Steve Wojciechowski said. "There's no definitive timetable for his return. Obviously, for us, we're hoping for sooner rather than later."

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2019, 10:18:16 PM »
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2019/10/29/marquette-beats-st-norbert-exhibition-game/2490825001/

"He's going to be week to week," MU head coach Steve Wojciechowski said. "There's no definitive timetable for his return. Obviously, for us, we're hoping for sooner rather than later."
Not exactly the torn ACL that we were told by someone who didn't see the injury, hasn't seen Jayce's knee, hasn't seen scans of Jayce's knee, and made a diagnosis based on observations of how he was walking while he had a large brace on (that he presumably isn't very comfortable with since he's only had it for about 24 hours).  Oh, and the credentials of this "knee expert" are that he's had knee injuries before. 

Seriously guys.  I get that everyone is an "internet expert", but can we once just trust that the coaching/medical staff know what they're doing and not make judgments before something official is made public.

feedback