[Today at 07:03:51 PM]

And The New...... by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 11:45:55 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:31:50 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by MuggsyB
[Today at 10:56:27 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jayce Johnson Knee Sprain  (Read 43911 times)

94Warrior

• All American
Re: Jayce Johnson Knee Sprain
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2019, 10:22:07 PM »
You wanna go ahead and define "right"

I said, it looked bad.  It is bad.  That’s how I define right.

If you heard Wojo’s interview and interpreted it as no big deal, I really don’t know what to tell you. 

Have a good night, and keep the faith.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2019, 10:22:58 PM »
Sure got quite around here after Wojo’s interview.  I hate being right...

Lucky for you that you were wrong.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2019, 10:26:59 PM »

If you heard Wojo’s interview and interpreted it as no big deal, I really don’t know what to tell you. 

This

Who said he was sitting out 1 game?  You mean the vague twitter post stating he will be further evaluated later this week.
Translation:  ‘It’s not good, but we aren’t willing to say anything official until the MRI confirms what we believe.’ 
Just sayin it doesn’t look good in person, and I’ve torn 2 acl’s .

Implies that you think its torn.

This

Yes, you can do that with a torn acl.  I really hope I’m wrong.

Implies that you think it's torn.

This

I don’t think he’s out for the year, just until April.

Implies that you think its torn.

Wojo confirmed that it is not torn.  That makes you wrong.  You can throw a CYA prefix in front of your posts implying that its torn, but that doesn't change the implication.  Remind me again your credentials to diagnose knee injuries without looking at them.  You immediately went worst case without hearing anything official from MU or Wojo.  People here have a tendency to do that.  I have a problem with it. 
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2019, 10:27:13 PM »
But it wasn't a torn ACL like you were surmising. It's a sprain, he will miss SOME time, but he WILL be back

I wasn’t surmising anything.  I said it looked bad.  It is bad. 

It could be a tear, we don’t know without the MRI.  But, it clearly is serious enough to miss considerable time.

Everything is a sprain until the MRI results are in.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2019, 10:28:10 PM »

No, you said:

I will be very surprised if this is not a season-ending injury.

It's OK. You were reacting based on your own experience. And who knows, you might end up being right because we really don't know how bad it is yet.

But own it.

You didn't say "it looked bad." You said you think it is a season-ending injury. I think you are smart enough to know the difference between those two things.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2019, 10:32:37 PM »
I wasn’t surmising anything.  I said it looked bad.  It is bad. 

It could be a tear, we don’t know without the MRI.  But, it clearly is serious enough to miss considerable time.

Everything is a sprain until the MRI results are in.

From what I heard, it is NOT torn, the ACL is fine. It's a sprain.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2019, 10:35:13 PM »
Sure got quite around here after Wojo’s interview.  I hate being right...

You weren’t right....

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2019, 10:47:43 PM »
I may have overreacted, we will find out soon enough.  I still don’t like the sounds of ‘he will be evaluated later this week’.  Normally, the doctors will wait for swelling to subside, before taking an MRI.

Regardless, none of this is good news.  He will most likely be out for an extended period of time, and then the decision will have to be made if he plays or applies for an additional year. 

I may not be 100% rational about MUBB, but anybody who saw him on the bench and thought he’ll miss 1 game, is more delusional than me.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2019, 10:57:18 PM »
When did Wojo confirm it was not torn?  I heard the entire interview, and that was not at all what was said.  The results of the MRI are not even in yet.

I am sorry, but some of you have to come to grips with the fact that  Jayce will not be playing any time soon. 

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2019, 11:07:32 PM »
"He was checked out by doctors last night and again today, and really he's gonna be week to week".  Since you are the knee expert, has anyone, ever, in the history of knee injuries recovered from a tear in a time-frame that can be described as "week to week"?  If it was a tear, or Wojo suspected that it could be a tear, would he put the "week to week" time-frame out there?  He could have said month to month, indefinitely, or we don't expect him back at all.  Wojo continues to say "we're hoping sooner than later".  Again, implying that he will be back.  This sideline diagnoses BS has to stop.

There is a HUGE difference between "Jayce will not be playing any time soon", and "I don't think he's out for the year, just until April".  No one is expecting him to suit up against Loyola next week, but only one person is writing him off for the entire season.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2019, 11:12:37 PM »
I looked at his knee. Looked like a knee. Will probably be load bearing for the rest of his life.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2019, 11:12:52 PM »
When did Wojo confirm it was not torn?  I heard the entire interview, and that was not at all what was said.  The results of the MRI are not even in yet.

I am sorry, but some of you have to come to grips with the fact that  Jayce will not be playing any time soon.

You're just digging deeper and deeper
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2019, 11:17:09 PM »
I looked at his knee. Looked like a knee. Will probably be load bearing for the rest of his life.

My sources have also confirmed this.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2019, 11:35:15 PM »
"He was checked out by doctors last night and again today, and really he's gonna be week to week".  Since you are the knee expert, has anyone, ever, in the history of knee injuries recovered from a tear in a time-frame that can be described as "week to week"?  If it was a tear, or Wojo suspected that it could be a tear, would he put the "week to week" time-frame out there?  He could have said month to month, indefinitely, or we don't expect him back at all.  Wojo continues to say "we're hoping sooner than later".  Again, implying that he will be back.  This sideline diagnoses BS has to stop.

There is a HUGE difference between "Jayce will not be playing any time soon", and "I don't think he's out for the year, just until April".  No one is expecting him to suit up against Loyola next week, but only one person is writing him off for the entire season.

Being out until April was tongue in cheek, I really don’t believe we’ll be in the National Championship game.

And just to help you out, I don’t think the guy who said he thought it needed to be amputated was serious, either.

And yes, mcl tears are week to week.   Meniscus tears are week to week.  Partial Acl tears can be week to week.  Heck, athletes have played on complete acl tears.  I wish I knew less about knees than I do.  But, what do I know about Jayce’s knee? Not much, none of us do.  You have your opinion, I have mine.  None of us will know anything definitive until all the info is in.

All I know is the team I love took a big hit yesterday.  Jayce is a very good player, and will be missed for as long as he is out.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2019, 11:44:19 PM »
So if you openly admit that you don't know about the injury why were you declaring yourself right?  This is what I don't get that frustrates me.  You can FEAR that he will be out for an extended period of time, but then when Wojo says that he won't be out for an extended period of time what pretzel logic you use to decide that you're right, I'll never know.

You are not a doctor.  You did not see the injury.  You don't know if a scan has been performed.  You will not see the results of said scan.  You are not qualified to diagnose even if you could see the scans.  You admit this much now, but several hours and goalpost shifts ago you were confident enough to be "very surprised if it isn't a season ending injury".  Don't get mad that you got called out for your BS, don't post BS diagnoses.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2019, 12:06:56 AM »
Are you really that dense?   I don’t know if anything is torn.  How would I?

I said it looks bad, and it is.  I said I’d be surprised if it isn’t season-ending.  And, I will be.  That’s an opinion, not a diagnosis. 

I don’t know what interview you listened to, I heard Wojo say he WILL be out for an extended period of time.   Are you this annoying in person?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 12:13:18 AM by 94Warrior »

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2019, 12:46:32 AM »
All I know about Jayce's knee:

Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2019, 02:01:22 AM »
And just to help you out, I don’t think the guy who said he thought it needed to be amputated was serious, either.

Not only was I serious, I was right.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2019, 03:49:33 AM »
Dis gives 'im tyme ta work on his free throw shootin'. Next man up, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2019, 06:54:34 AM »

I said it looks bad, and it is.  I said I’d be surprised if it isn’t season-ending.  And, I will be.  That’s an opinion, not a diagnosis. 

I don’t know what interview you listened to, I heard Wojo say he WILL be out for an extended period of time.   Are you this annoying in person?

I injured my left shoulder a while back.  It still hurts quite a bit.   Just sayin'...
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2019, 07:09:23 AM »
Was he in a knee immobilizer or was it a hinged brace? If anything, this reminds of Davante’s injury in 2012, when no one knew what happened or when he was coming back including the team...

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2019, 07:16:29 AM »
Was he in a knee immobilizer or was it a hinged brace? If anything, this reminds of Davante’s injury in 2012, when no one knew what happened or when he was coming back including the team...

I think a hinged brace but I was up in the upper deck so I might be wrong.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2019, 07:20:34 AM »

Again, if you don't want to get mad at people for calling out your BS, don't post BS.  For some reason, you're upset that I'm going to trust Wojo and the team doctors more than I trust someone who is not a doctor and has not seen the injury.  There's nothing wrong with saying "hope he's alright, lets wait to hear something official before jumping to conclusions".

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2019, 07:31:39 AM »
Are you this annoying in person?

You mean, do I call out people making medical assessments without a medical degree or any information about the injury in real life?  I'll just say that doing what you're doing is "dumb and dangerous".

burger

• All American
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2019, 07:37:53 AM »
All sprains are tears.....the question is operable needed tear......or other....